Notices

Old 04-02-2022, 06:55 AM   #1061
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

SUPER PUMPED: THE BATTLE FOR UBER (Showtime)

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kyle Chandler and Uma Thurman star in the propulsive new Anthology Series. Based on the shocking true story, of the meteoric rise and fall of Uber founder, Travis Kalanick. With a lift from venture capitalist Bill Gurley and board member Arianna Huffington, Kalanick takes a win-at-all-costs approach to forge the fledgling start-up into a multi-billion-dollar tech titan. But every surge comes at a price – and as his visionary drive spirals out of control, it threatens to be the downfall of it all.

Trust No One (Netflix)

The Hunt for the Crypto King is a Netflix original documentary film directed by Luke Sewell. Its story follows a group of cryptocurrency investors who investigate the untimely death of their exchange's founder, Gerry Cotten as well as the $250 million that they suspect he stole from them.

I am enjoying both!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2022, 08:43 AM   #1062
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Closed For Storm. Six Flags amusement park in New Orleans, abandoned after Katrina.

Project Runway for Juniors...right up my alley for creative ideas. That was me when I was younger.

That Thing About Pam.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #1063
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Shining Vale on Starz. It's like this crazy train wreck you just can't look away from. Courteney Cox and Mira Sorvino are amazing in it for all kinds of different reasons.

And of course, Gentleman Jack on HBO Max.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:53 PM   #1064
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My phone service has gifted me Apple TV for a year. Oh, and did I ever mention they give me Netflix as well.

The Morning Show....so far 😊

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 04:44 AM   #1065
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Amazon Women on HooplaDigital.com.

52 minutes, French with English subtitles, 2015, directed by Anja Unger.

From Hoopla: In France, there are currently about 250,000 women living with only one or no breast. No pictures exist for these statistics and no one talks about it. The current medical discourse does not appear to wish to acknowledge "one-breasted" women anymore. Some brochures, including the one produced by the charity "Vaincre le cancer" (Win over Cancer), tell us that removing a breast is now regarded as a mutilation. The aim is to "restore the aesthetics of the breast" through surgical reconstruction. No one is interested in knowing whether women are prepared to put up with the attendant pain and inconvenience or whether these are the aesthetics they actually want.Amazon Women brings together several women who chose not to be "reconstructed" and who posed for photographer Art Myers for an art exhibition celebrating their choice. The documentary challenges conventional ideas about women, femininity and female beauty.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/11426623
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 07:09 AM   #1066
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Dark Waters

Available on Peacock for free with commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAOuhyunhY

From Wikipedia: Dark Waters is a 2019 American legal thriller film directed by Todd Haynes and written by Mario Correa and Matthew Michael Carnahan. The story dramatizes Robert Bilott's case against the chemical manufacturing corporation DuPont after they contaminated a town with unregulated chemicals. It stars Mark Ruffalo as Bilott, along with Anne Hathaway, Tim Robbins, Bill Camp, Victor Garber, Mare Winningham, William Jackson Harper, and Bill Pullman.

The film is based on the 2016 New York Times Magazine article "The Lawyer Who Became DuPont's Worst Nightmare" by Nathaniel Rich. The story was first told in the 2007 book Stain-Resistant, Nonstick, Waterproof and Lethal: The Hidden Dangers of C8 by Callie Lyons, a Mid-Ohio Valley journalist who covered the controversy as it was unfolding. Parts of the story were also reported by Mariah Blake, whose 2015 article "Welcome to Beautiful Parkersburg, West Virginia" was a National Magazine Award finalist, and Sharon Lerner, whose series "Bad Chemistry" ran in The Intercept. Bilott also wrote a memoir, Exposure, detailing his 20-year legal battle against DuPont.

Dark Waters had a limited theatrical release on November 22, 2019, by Focus Features, and went wide on December 6, 2019. The film received positive reviews from critics and has grossed over $23 million.

It was predictable but I still enjoyed it.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:34 AM   #1067
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

I watch the first episode of the 21st season of Law & Order on Peacock (the 21st season is free with commercials) and didn't enjoy it.

The acting felt hammed up but I don't know if it was from (1) bad acting by Anthony Anderson and Jeffrey Donovan, or (2) bad editing with the camera lingering on the actors too long, or (3) bad directing. But it was bad.

And it seems that Sam Waterston was trying to play the role he played 20 years ago instead of growing into an older, slower man.

The recording quality (film or video or whatever is used these days) seemed low.

The racial conflict and tension didn't feel authentic and felt like they were pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Had me yearning for the days of Green and Bricoe.

Think I'll skip the rest of the season.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:56 PM   #1068
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I found The Hidden Lives of Pets today on Netflix and I'm liking it so far. There's dancing parrots and a base jumping dog and a bunny with a Guinness world record and car racing rats. What's not to like?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2022, 05:09 PM   #1069
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Mainly horror movies on Netflix
I found an app for my Roku Tv that plays only horror movies, so Ive been watching that.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:52 PM   #1070
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Outlander ... again

My sister and I just finished another round of Outlander. It was her second time and I'm a little embarrased to say how many times I've seen it. And while it's never as good as the first time, it's at least as good as the second. She lives in a different state so we just text while watching it and well, that's kinda all we both watched for the last couple weeks. LoL
Old 07-02-2022, 01:15 PM   #1071
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Rumble on Netflix, about Native American influences on music.
The movie about Mr. Rogers

I'm going to see if I can find AMC channel because I was told there is a Native American show on there called Dark Winds.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2022, 03:19 PM   #1072
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Just watched 3 seasons of Babylon Berlin an excellent period piece of Berlin before the Rise of Hitler

Beautifuly Shot
Everything about it is of high quality
I had no idea before Hitler Germany rivaled Hollywood,cinematicaly

It is based on a WW1 PTSD soldier cop,with very strong woman roles.
A mixture of contextual History and fictional stories

English Sub titled
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 08:45 PM   #1073
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

Given My cable boxes will not arrive until tomorrow I have been watching some movies on Prime Video.

The two that I watched and really like were:

The Tender Bar

In 1972, 9-year-old J.R. Maguire moves into his grandfather's dilapidated house in Long Island, N.Y. Searching for a father figure, he falls under the unconventional tutelage of his uncle Charlie, a charismatic, self-educated bartender who introduces him to a handful of the bar's colorful regulars. As the years pass and J.R. grows into a young man, he tries to fulfill his dream of becoming a writer.

Stars:

Ben Affleck; Tye Sheridan; Lily Rabe; Christopher Lloyd; Daniel Ranieri

This movie was just wonderful and I believe Ben Affleck directed it as well. This one that I would buy and watch over and over.

Beautiful Boy

Teenager Nicolas Sheff seems to have it all with good grades and being an actor, artist, athlete and editor of the school newspaper. When Nic's addiction to meth threatens to destroy him, his father does whatever he can to save his son and family.

Stars:

Steve Carell; Timothée Chalamet; Maura Tierney; Amy Ryan

Another great movie that I would buy and watch over and over. This movie is based on a true story and you can tell that when you watch it. It seemed to be very factual.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2022, 11:17 PM   #1074
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Part one of a docuseries about children old enough to know better too young to care who do things like phoning in bogus bomb threats, making fake 911 calls, things of that nature. Serious crimes, not very young children at sleepovers making prank phone calls – Do you have Sir Walter Raleigh in a can? Well you better hurry up and let him go before the police find out ha ha ha. It's a changing world.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:23 AM   #1075
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

P Valley on Starz. I'm still digging this. It's vulgar, obscene and so good. Some of the storylines (Colorism is one and Andre is another) are too thin and predictable. Sometimes I speed up the video when Andre comes on the screen. He's so annoying. But the acting by Brandee Evans (Mercedes) and Nicco Annan (Uncle Clifford) is outstanding and keeps me wanting more. I'm also taken and surprised by the complex relationships with the men. This is a show about Black female sex workers in the south and the complex relationships they have among each other and with others, but the relationships between a number of men are just as complex and surprising. And I'm here for Lil Murder and Uncle Clifford.

Animal Kingdom on TNT, Amazon Prime, Sling (with spoilers). This is an American TV series based on an Australian film, that's based on an Australian crime family headed by a woman. Season 6 is the final season of the series, thank goodness. Don't think I could take another season of Smurf (young nor old) who is easily the worst TV mother in the history of TV mamas. Smurf died in season 4, but we're seeing flashbacks of her as a young, selfish, and cruel mother in seasons 5 and 6. These days Smurf's family is still pulling heists led by J and Pope. I've got a feeling things are going to get rough and someone will die. I'm hoping it's not Pope. As sick as he is, he still has more integrity than the rest of them put together. Job well done by Shawn Hatosy (Pope).
Old 07-08-2022, 05:32 PM   #1076
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
P Valley on Starz.
Animal Kingdom on TNT, Amazon Prime, Sling (with spoilers). This is an American TV series based on an Australian film, that's based on an Australian crime family headed by a woman. Season 6 is the final season of the series, thank goodness. Don't think I could take another season of Smurf (young nor old) who is easily the worst TV mother in the history of TV mamas. Smurf died in season 4, but we're seeing flashbacks of her as a young, selfish, and cruel mother in seasons 5 and 6. These days Smurf's family is still pulling heists led by J and Pope. I've got a feeling things are going to get rough and someone will die. I'm hoping it's not Pope. As sick as he is, he still has more integrity than the rest of them put together. Job well done by Shawn Hatosy (Pope).
I LOVE this show. I too can’t stand Smurf, but just the older one. I don’t care for the actress either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2022, 08:05 PM   #1077
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Netflix.......

Anatomy of a scandal 2022 ‧ Psychological thriller ‧ Netflix. Sienna Miller,
Michelle Dockery, Rupert Friend.

Parliamentary minister James Whitehouse is a happily married man with a loving family home, then a scandalous secret comes to light.

I enjoyed this and never saw the twist that was coming.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 07:17 AM   #1078
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Season One, Lincoln Lawyer
House of Gucci

It's too hot to play in the garden!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 08:11 AM   #1079
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

[spoilers again]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
I LOVE this show. I too can’t stand Smurf, but just the older one. I don’t care for the actress either.
Yanno, I think I like the older Smurf better than the younger Smurf (Janine), but both are a mess as far as I can see. Though, I can't get past the older Smurf putting out a hit on Baz and his lady (and having Pope do it).

Would love to hear your take on some of these people or storylines (if you have the time and are inclined):
What do you think happened to Baz's birth mom?

What's the deal with the Black guy (biker) in Escondido? Is he an undercover cop or federal agent? Or maybe a hit man for a rival heist gang?

Do you think Smurf intentionally seduced Pope? I'm thinking of a sex scene Pope had with a woman and it made me think he was fantasizing about some things he did with Smurf.

Any characters you like or expect to die? I think Craig may die (as he did in the film this is based on) or Josh (aka J). I'm hoping it's J. But something tells me J may be the last one standing with all the money and goods.

Can you think of any TV mothers who are/were worse than Smurf? I can't think of one.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:18 AM   #1080
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Ice TV series

Have been watching the ICE tv series on Starz. It's okay but I'm only watching it because Ray Winstone and Raymond J. Barry are in it. I'll watch the rest of the season and then will probably move on because it's not even holding my interest.