Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #5021
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Sunshine, Beach, 3 miles.
Yesterday was another rerun capped off by staying for a great sunset!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 08:05 AM   #5022
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

This week:
– Rode 33.8 miles
– For 2.5 hours
– Did 700 arm rolls

Have started riding to music. I ride faster and my heart rate is faster when riding to music. When I don't want a strenuous workout I just watch something (Hey, Horatio!) or listen to a podcast.

A few things have made it easier this time for me to stick to this.
  • I'm not under the stress I was when working in the office—what a difference that's made (all other stressors combined don't equal that stress).
  • I don't have to do strenuous workouts—I can just get on the bike and ride at a really slow pace if I want to. The goal is still to just get on the bike and ride (though the more I ride, the faster/stronger my rides become).
I would give up if I was still working at my last job or if I pushed myself too hard.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #5023
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today has been a day off, so my step count is fairly low, which is typical. I'll get in less than 4000 steps today. I did, however, take a walk after dinner. It counts! It will also help my digestion and help my body process the sugars I took in better than if I hadn't walked. They've done studies on it. It can also help with curbing noshing after meals and the urge to eat sweets, which I struggle with often.

I've put a lot more energy into being mindful of what I eat lately and thinking about how what I eat transforms inside my body. It's not exercise, but it's still a way to take care of myself. I've done nothing different other than consciously curbing my sugar intake just a smidge and I've lost 5lbs in the past 30 days. It's a small step, but I'll take it!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #5024
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday was a banger day in terms of steps. I got in 11,831 before it was all said and done. I also woke up 2lbs lighter. I'm sure my burger brunch will do away with that, but it's a good feeling to start the day feeling accomplished in some small way.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #5025
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

This week:
– 32 miles
– 2.41 hours
– 730 Arm rolls

Years ago I hurt my shoulder and since then it acts up when I gain weight. The arm rolls help make my shoulders stronger and I can now reach for things above and move about as usual. Will continue doing arm rolls.

It was a good exercise week. Met my goals and am not adding any new goals. Will do that in a week or two, maybe.
Old 10-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #5026
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Learning how to do donkey kicks.

'If you're searching for an exercise to target and tighten your rear end, look no further than the donkey kick. ... The donkey kick's scientific name is a quadruped bent-knee hip extension. But it gets its nickname from the literal movement, which looks like the animal's notorious kick.'

There are some excellent YouTube videos available to help you get the hang of it.

Here's one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im5nE3J558k
Old 10-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #5027
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Gorgeous day
Good low tide
4 miles
Wandered down to the off leash dog park for some fun chaos

I gotta get my own dog one of these days!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #5028
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I've gotten in over 8500 steps so far....somewhere between 3 and 4 miles. I'm not done yet but I am getting sleepy. Today was exhausting.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:16 AM   #5029
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday was a big step day for me....over 12,000! My average work day is around 7000-7500 and my average off day at home is usually about 2000-2500 steps. It's not that I'm not doing anything; it's just that I'm usually organizing or sorting stuff and my pedometer doesn't register side to side or rounded movements.

I have the weekend off so I expect my numbers to be low at least one of the days but I have plans for the kitchen so intentional movement will commence.

Previously, I mentioned I was working on my sugar intake. I've always been concerned about it since diabetes runs in my family but not enough to do anything about it, because I'm a self-diagnosed sugar-holic and I wanted sweet stuff so I ate and drank sweet stuff. The sweeter the better. I suppose we all are, at least initially, as mother's milk has sugars in it and that helps to set our palates.

I read a book last month that I've had on my shelf for years. Years! And I never opened it. You can lead a horse to water....right? Anywho, I read this book called The Sugar Smart Diet and it's really changed the way I look at what I put into my body. I read labels more carefully and am starting to turn into that crazy lady in the grocery store that talks to the products. I'm pretty sure I asked a prepared bag of salad if it was kidding me and told another one to take a hike. To be fair, it's not the book since I talk to my car all the time. I keep waiting for that Disney moment when something comes alive and sings a song.

So, I'm starting to avoid added sugars like the plague and really pick and choose what other sugars I put into my body since women should only have about 25 grams or 6 teaspoons of sugar per day. I was very surprised how fast that adds up. I knew sugar was in pasta sauce and salad dressing and bbq sauce and ketchup and many, many other savory flavored foods and condiments but I didn't realize just how much it was.

I'm not doing the diet itself because it requires you cut sugar cold turkey for about a week but I am becoming more vigilant about the sugars I choose to take in and it's paying off. It's been almost 6 weeks and I've dropped 10lbs with no additional effort other than having arguments with myself as to what I want and what I should have to eat, especially at night. That's my weak time.

Next month, I want to add in a couple days at the gym. Nothing crazy; just my old friend the elliptical. I won't have much time since I'll be doing 50+ hour work weeks soon but my gym is 24 hours so with some adjustments to my schedule, I really think I can knock another 10lbs off the scale. That's my plan, anyway.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 10-17-2020 at 09:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #5030
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yesterday was a big step day for me....over 12,000! My average work day is around 7000-7500 and my average off day at home is usually about 2000-2500 steps. It's not that I'm not doing anything; it's just that I'm usually organizing or sorting stuff and my pedometer doesn't register side to side or rounded movements.

I have the weekend off so I expect my numbers to be low at least one of the days but I have plans for the kitchen so intentional movement will commence.

Previously, I mentioned I was working on my sugar intake. I've always been concerned about it since diabetes runs in my family but not enough to do anything about it, because I'm a self-diagnosed sugar-holic and I wanted sweet stuff so I ate and drank sweet stuff. The sweeter the better. I suppose we all are, at least initially, as mother's milk has sugars in it and that helps to set our palates.

I read a book last month that I've had on my shelf for years. Years! And I never opened it. You can lead a horse to water....right? Anywho, I read this book called The Sugar Smart Diet and it's really changed the way I look at what I put into my body. I read labels more carefully and am starting to turn into that crazy lady in the grocery store that talks to the products. I'm pretty sure I asked a prepared bag of salad if it was kidding me and told another one to take a hike. To be fair, it's not the book since I talk to my car all the time. I keep waiting for that Disney moment when something comes alive and sings a song.

So, I'm starting to avoid added sugars like the plague and really pick and choose what other sugars I put into my body since women should only have about 25 grams or 6 teaspoons of sugar per day. I was very surprised how fast that adds up. I knew sugar was in pasta sauce and salad dressing and bbq sauce and ketchup and many, many other savory flavored foods and condiments but I didn't realize just how much it was.

I'm not doing the diet itself because it requires you cut sugar cold turkey for about a week but I am becoming more vigilant about the sugars I choose to take in and it's paying off. It's been almost 6 weeks and I've dropped 10lbs with no additional effort other than having arguments with myself as to what I want and what I should have to eat, especially at night. That's my weak time.

Next month, I want to add in a couple days at the gym. Nothing crazy; just my old friend the elliptical. I won't have much time since I'll be doing 50+ hour work weeks soon but my gym is 24 hours so with some adjustments to my schedule, I really think I can knock another 10lbs off the scale. That's my plan, anyway.
Congrat's to you on the increased steps, the weight loss, and sugar adjustments! So happy for you! What a difference a small changes can make.

This week:
– 31.1 miles
– 2.38 hours
– 655 arm rolls

Have added scenic bike videos found on youtube and amazon. I like turning down the volume on the video and listening to my own play list. This week I visited Brasa Canyon in Italy, Venice Beach in California, NYC, and more.

Brasa Canyon

Venice Beach ● Santa Monica ● Pacific Palisades

Cruising NYC

I like the speedier bike rides more than the crusing ones, but I did have a nice ride cruising through NYC and Maui.

Click here to view more scenic bike ride videos on youtube.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #5031
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanks, Orema! You are right; small changes can make a big difference.

I love tours like those. My gym has those on the ellipticals and treadmills and I like going through deserts and mountains. There was one that circled the tiny edge of a giant cliff and you could see the goats hanging out there. Not bicycles, of course. Drones. But still very enjoyable.

Tonight, I took a nice walk. The air's crisp and it wasn't long before my fingers and toes got tingly and cold. I like it best like this out of all other times. When I run in this weather, the cold air slides into my lungs and I can feel it coat them and it's a little easier to push myself when that happens. I'm not running now, mind you, but when I did, I liked to do it on days/nights like this.

I got a little over a mile in while walking so I'm somewhere in the 5000 step range right now. Probably won't get much higher since I'll be plopping myself on the floor and reorganizing a bookshelf after watching another TGBBS: Masterclass episode.

Strangely enough, watching this series doesn't trigger any specific sugar cravings for me. I do wish I could taste the food created but I don't really feel anything one way or another about it beyond that, which is good, because it's all sugar and simple carb laden and mama's not havin' any of that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #5032
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Sandy toes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #5033
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Where is Horatio when you need him?

Somebody please call CSI because I killed my workout this morning!

Rode 6.2 miles through the Ohio Valley for 25 minutes at a strenuous pace, not including my slow startup and stop modes.

Kept up with the beat of all music.

Just arrest me now!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #5034
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Rode 6.2 miles through the Ohio Valley for 25 minutes at a strenuous pace, not including my slow startup and stop modes.

Kept up with the beat of all music!

Cute Orema, very cute!

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #5035
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post

Kept up with the beat of all music.

Just arrest me now!

I actually LOL when I read that line. CSI one liners are rubbing off on you!

Congrats! A good workout can make the worst days seem okay.

Yesterday, I got in almost 8100 steps. I also spent two hours contorted on top of a countertop at work but I'm not sure that counts.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #5036
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I got in a smidge over 8000 steps yesterday, which was great as I tend to have lower totals on time off. I also rearranged and sorted part of my storage unit, which worked up a sweat moving boxes and furniture around. I donated and trashed some things too so I feel a little freer as well.

Last night's walk was just before, during and after sunset. About 40 minutes total. The sky whisper sprinkled a little.....when you can feel the tiniest bit of rain but it's not enough to wet your clothes or hair....and I didn't see Simon the skunk so that was a calm and happy walk.

I thought of you, Orema, and did some arm rolls while I walked. Man, they are harder than I remember. I don't think I've actually done them since high school, maybe? Anyway, mad respect for your hundreds of rolls!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #5037
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I got in a smidge over 8000 steps yesterday, which was great as I tend to have lower totals on time off. I also rearranged and sorted part of my storage unit, which worked up a sweat moving boxes and furniture around. I donated and trashed some things too so I feel a little freer as well.

Last night's walk was just before, during and after sunset. About 40 minutes total. The sky whisper sprinkled a little.....when you can feel the tiniest bit of rain but it's not enough to wet your clothes or hair....and I didn't see Simon the skunk so that was a calm and happy walk.

I thought of you, Orema, and did some arm rolls while I walked. Man, they are harder than I remember. I don't think I've actually done them since high school, maybe? Anyway, mad respect for your hundreds of rolls!
Thanks, Gemme, and good on you with your steps. The walk sounds really nice. That's how it was yesterday morning here. Just the tiniest bit of mist.

Yep, those arm rolls are no joke. I've had to work up to 100 and I'm struggling by the time I'm in the 80s. I do it while riding but think I may start doing them when I'm not riding. I think I'll do a better job if I'm standing still and watching myself as I do them because sometimes I'm all over the place. LOL

Glad you had a good workout. I did, too.

I rode 6.2 miles for 26 minutes among some sunsets and windmills and did 100 arm rolls.

Last edited by Orema; 10-22-2020 at 09:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2020, 11:17 PM   #5038
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Almost 9100 steps today. Would have been more but I pulled up the debate, sat down and got sucked in. So much for getting up at 6:30 now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #5039
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

This week on exercise bike:

– 37.9 miles
– 2.7 hours
– 700 Arm rolls

The exercise bike is correcting my arthritic knees in ways I didn't think possible. When I first started riding, my knees (mostly right knee) would hit the center bar sometimes. I positioned my feet differently and just pushed on, making adjustments with my feet and legs when I could. It doesn't do this anymore. Not only because I'm positioning myself better on the bike, but also because my knee is repositioning itself it a better way. It's noticeable when I walk and stand. And I'm mostly cycling without any tension. I think it's just the repetitive cycling motion that makes the difference.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #5040
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Had a good step day today! 10,837 so far and I still have about an hour before I'll call it for the day. I meant to get to bed sooner but then I took a walk and it was lovely and windy and dark and I just kept walking and that cleared the cobwebs from my head so now I'm as alert a cat with a new toy.

I'm misunderestimated.

Tags
exercise, weights