Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #41
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
As for me, I kindly disagree with your assertion and your accusations. They have no impact on my integrity whatsoever. As I said before, Julie, have a lovely day.
You do whatever you do best, to get you through you day.

As far as sleep goes... Magnesium is fabulous, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid andSuntheanine. Melatonin makes me wired.

I live on Turmeric. One of the best I have found in terms of Turmeric is Maximized Curcuminoids. This is actually extracted (Curcuminoids) from the Turmeric root. I found this is much more potent than straight Turmeric and longer lasting as far as pain relief goes.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #42
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Yes! That was the other thing I read about and have been doing the last couple of nights! I also have an Aztec clay mask thing that I mixed with it and my face was smooth as a baby's butt when I washed it all off.

Trying to phase out all of my skin products that are not natural and switch to things like lemons as a chemical-free facial peel and ACV is definitely on my list of faves so far
She (wife) also makes a mask using Aztec clay -- uses acv, tea tree oil, and some lavender oil. She makes it up every week and does one huge mask, and then spot treatments during the week. She has decided to get completely away from using chemicals on her face. We have also decided to stop using harsh chemicals on our skin too. If we are eating good, why would we want to put perfumed chemicals on ourselves?

Quote:
Oooh! GREAT tip! I've seen those vegetable washes at the grocery store and always kinda tilted my head at spraying more shit on the fruit to get the pesticides off but I LOVE hearing I can use vinegar to clean the veggies and fruits!

And for turmeric! Ok, so Julie gave me some turmeric at the Reunion and I totally made fun of her and myself and referred to that as "the diarrhea pill" all weekend! But I have to admit, I recently ordered a pound of turmeric powder and a capsule-making thing because I felt amazing after the diarrhea pill at Reunion.
Reading up on it, it is apparently part of the ginger family?! And apparently you can also make paste for skin disorders like psoriases and chicken pox? Pretty amazing to say the least!
We use a veggie spray-- I use to purchase the TJs fruit spray, but it always seemed so "soapy", so we switched to the WholeFoods brand which was more "citrus-y" but also more expensive. So there I go, doing research about fruit/veggie sprays and have found one by using Dr. Bronner's Castile soap. Its basically a 1:3 ratio 1 castile, 3 water. It works really well.

And tumeric is part of the ginger family and is amazing for a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

I live on Turmeric. One of the best I have found in terms of Turmeric is Maximized Curcuminoids. This is actually extracted (Curcuminoids) from the Turmeric root. I found this is much more potent than straight Turmeric and longer lasting as far as pain relief goes.

Julie
I love turmeric. I just started using fresh turmeric and ginger in my tea at night. I basically grate ginger/turmeric, add honey and lemon and then hot water. Its really tasty and I've noticed that I feel wonderful and sleep really good at night.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #43
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm about to chill out with some Valerian after a long day at the VA with my Pops. Or I might have a glass of red wine. Either way, I bet I won't make it to the Sleepy Time tea tonight - I'm freaking EXHAUSTED!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of Dr. Andrew Weil... the manufacturer of the supplements I take is Keith Block, M.D. Dr. Weil wrote the forward for Block's book, "Life Over Cancer". In the forward, Dr. Weil said that if he had cancer he would go to Dr. Block's Integrative Cancer Center for his treatment.

Block was not my oncologist, but I met with him for consult for diet and supplements (based on my blood work he ordered), after my cancer treatment.

I need to check into Magnesium for sleep. It seems to be all the rage on this thread!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #45
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Speaking of Dr. Andrew Weil... the manufacturer of the supplements I take is Keith Block, M.D. Dr. Weil wrote the forward for Block's book, "Life Over Cancer". In the forward, Dr. Weil said that if he had cancer he would go to Dr. Block's Integrative Cancer Center for his treatment.

I need to check into Magnesium for sleep. It seems to be all the rage on this thread!
I just picked up "Life Over Cancer" for my Pops!!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #46
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I just picked up "Life Over Cancer" for my Pops!!
Medusa! That is fantastic! Please read it yourself. It is the way that all of us should eat! The integrative/holistic approach is the best when dealing with cancer. I'm glad that you got it for him.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #47
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Medusa! That is fantastic! Please read it yourself. It is the way that all of us should eat! The holistic approach is the best!
Absolutely! It's one of those books that I decided to get the electronic copy of as well for myself.

I have read in multiple places that Cancer loves sugar and am trying to remember that every time I crave a Coke or syrupy bullshit. I know there are several other triggers for Cancer and am going to do my best to avoid those things at all costs and also encourage my Pops toward healthier foods.

Looks like a great book so far!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #48
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I use liquid life. I swear by it. You can buy it in the grocery and drug stores here. Or on line. It's impressive. I drink 1 ounce a day , I swear it gives me energy, and keeps me healthy, I rarely get sick. Not to mention getting all the vitamins and minerals a body needs . It's about 28 dollars a bottle but it's totally worth it. 1 bottle lasts for a month.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #49
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
I use liquid life. I swear by it. You can buy it in the grocery and drug stores here. Or on line. It's impressive. I drink 1 ounce a day , I swear it gives me energy, and keeps me healthy, I rarely get sick. Not to mention getting all the vitamins and minerals a body needs . It's about 28 dollars a bottle but it's totally worth it. 1 bottle lasts for a month.
JAGG, are you referring to this?

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/all-o...r-32-oz-liquid

I admit, that does look like a good quality list of ingredients there! A lot is covered. Go you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #50
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
JAGG, are you referring to this?

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/all-o...r-32-oz-liquid

I admit, that does look like a good quality list of ingredients there! A lot is covered. Go you!
Yes Dapper that's it !!!! You should try it for a month I bet you will see a huge difference in your body.
Dang I need to buy it on line too. It's much cheaper. lol
Old 01-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #51
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Yes Dapper that's it !!!! You should try it for a month I bet you will see a huge difference in your body.
I think I will order some. I do already take supplements and veggie powder drinks, so I do thinks things are pretty well covered for me. The idea of only taking 2 tablespoons of something a day is attractive as well, though!

I don't doubt that it does create energy (unlike those "energy drinks").

How did you find out about this drink?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #52
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
I checked out the list of ingredients and it looks pretty impressive!!
Does it taste ok? I'm always afraid stuff like that will taste awful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #53
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I checked out the list of ingredients and it looks pretty impressive!!
Does it taste ok? I'm always afraid stuff like that will taste awful!
Eh, it's only 2 tablespoons. Just hold your nose!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #54
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, so I don't usually publicly discuss controversial healing agents, especially those deemed by the FDA as deadly. Which they are not. It just happens to be an amazing find and the FDA hates this fact (it is cheap) and has cured hundreds of thousands of people and millions have taken it without a single death. Go figure!!!

MMS is simply Chlorine Dioxide and I take it daily. When I was in India, I was covered with open sore mosquito bites all over my body. The doctors were more than concerned I would get Malaria, but I knew different. I was drinking MMS daily and while my sores were ugly, I was working 16 hour days and traveling the country side and should have been sick, beyond sick. I do not share the with many, but I have breast cancer (diagnosed in 2011) and I take MMS daily as a preventative of growth and people, nothing is growing. I believe in this, like some believe in the gospel.

I am going to put some links here and just implore you to read. Jim Humble who founded this in 1996 by accident, has been treating people for free in third world countries. This is not expensive, it is pennies a day and he really does help people.

http://http://jimhumble.org/

http://mmswiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just keep an open mind.

EDITED: I opted to not have a prophylactic mastectomy or chemo. I chose this route instead.
EDITED AGAIN: Under no circumstances am I suggesting people follow my personal protocol. This was simply MY CHOICE for MY BODY!

Julie

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014

Last edited by Julie; 01-22-2014 at 08:16 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #55
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Ok, JAGG, I ordered some. I will let you know what I think!

TF, will actually be a good one to try it. Since she takes no vitamins/supplements (unlike me), her body is a clean slate. She said she is open to trying it.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #56
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Okay, so I don't usually publicly discuss controversial healing agents, especially those deemed by the FDA as deadly. Which they are not. It just happens to be an amazing find and the FDA hates this fact (it is cheap) and has cured hundreds of thousands of people and millions have taken it without a single death. Go figure!!!

MMS is simply Chlorine Dioxide and I take it daily. When I was in India, I was covered with open sore mosquito bites all over my body. The doctors were more than concerned I would get Malaria, but I knew different. I was drinking MMS daily and while my sores were ugly, I was working 16 hour days and traveling the country side and should have been sick, beyond sick. I do not share the with many, but I have breast cancer (diagnosed in 2011) and I take MMS daily as a preventative of growth and people, nothing is growing. I believe in this, like some believe in the gospel.

I am going to put some links here and just implore you to read. Jim Humble who founded this in 1996 by accident, has been treating people for free in third world countries. This is not expensive, it is pennies a day and he really does help people.

http://http://jimhumble.org/

http://mmswiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just keep an open mind.

EDITED: I opted to not have a prophylactic mastectomy or chemo. I chose this route instead.

Julie
Hey, Julie, I am sorry to read of your diagnosis. I didn't know you had been having to manage something like this. Please know I respect your choice to not utilize surgery and chemicals to rid yourself of this disease/slow down/stop the growth, of the disease.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #57
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hey, Julie, I am sorry to read of your diagnosis. I didn't know you had been having to manage something like this. Please know I respect your choice to not utilize surgery and chemicals to rid yourself of this disease/slow down/stop the growth, of the disease.
Dapper - The only time I remember I have this is when I have to go for my 6 month mammo's and mri's and my 2x a year visit to my breast surgeon and oncologist. Other than that. I completely forget, until something reminds me like this thread. And trust me, my oncologist was not happy with me and my choice. And as far as I know, it could be gone. It is cellular and has not progressed into a mass. I have had a biopsy this then for a benign adenoma - but i am high risk, so any mass it going to be checked immediately. They caught it early, stage 1 and it was found after I had my reconstruction surgery from a previous partial mastectomy.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014

Last edited by Julie; 01-22-2014 at 08:29 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #58
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Absolutely! It's one of those books that I decided to get the electronic copy of as well for myself.

I have read in multiple places that Cancer loves sugar and am trying to remember that every time I crave a Coke or syrupy bullshit. I know there are several other triggers for Cancer and am going to do my best to avoid those things at all costs and also encourage my Pops toward healthier foods.

Looks like a great book so far!
Yep, tumors FEED off of sugar. That is how they grow. I used to get so pissed when I would go into my chemo infusion room every other week and see the peppermints and candy bowls at the nursing station for the patients. Agh! <they removed them by the time I stopped going there...cough>.

That book, the way one eats, the supplements one might take, etc. is all about making the body inhospitable to cancer. We all have cancer cells, but some people are more predispositioned to getting it. It isn't the predisposition that gives you the cancer, it is whether or not there is environmental factors in your life that can result in the growth of cancer. cancer does not magically appear because your body is predisposed to it based on genetics. Cancer does not grow in a predisposed vaccuum.

I got colon cancer at age 39. I was of average weight/nicely toned body, but ate like shit. I also didn't do any structured exercise, I drank alcohol regularly, did not get enough sleep, did not attend to my emotional health while having a high stress job, and live in a state that is in the top 5 when it comes to getting cancer (poor air quality). Having that predisposition + those factors resulted in my getting cancer. If this was not my environment, there is a good chance I would have never gotten it.

So, now I have to make my body a place cancer has no power to grow in. The foods I eat and the way I take care of my mental health and body is what can keep it from happening. It is about creating an inhospitable place for cancer.

I really need to reread that book. As I sit here writing this with my glass of wine (at least it is wine...and red at that!), all I can think about is how far off the path I have become again...not terribly off the path, but I could do much better. I'm glad for this discussion.

Quote:
Dapper - The only time I remember I have this is when I have to go for my 6 month mammo's and mri's and my 2x a year visit to my breast surgeon and oncologist. Other than that. I completely forget, until something reminds me like this thread. And trust me, my oncologist was not happy with me and my choice. And as far as I know, it could be gone. It is cellular and has not progressed into a mass. I have had a biopsy this then for a benign adenoma - but i am high risk, so any mass it going to be checked immediately. They caught it early, stage 1 and it was found after I had my reconstruction surgery from a previous partial mastectomy.
Thanks for sharing all this. I hear you say that you don't think about it, yet at the same time, you live your life doing good things for your body so that your cancer doesn't return (such as taking the correct supplements for you). You have just made fighting cancer a part of living your life.

As an aside, do you take Coq10?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #59
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Coq10! I saw some giant bottles of that earlier today at Sam's Club when I stopped to get my Pops a "reward pie" for going to the Oncologist and getting poked.

Have seen a lot of good writings about this one as well. Saw an article a few days ago about studies that were done back in the early 60s where folks who had certain types of Cancer had low levels of Coq10 in their bodies. (and apparently our bodies produce this naturally!!??)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #60
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Coq10! I saw some giant bottles of that earlier today at Sam's Club when I stopped to get my Pops a "reward pie" for going to the Oncologist and getting poked.

Have seen a lot of good writings about this one as well. Saw an article a few days ago about studies that were done back in the early 60s where folks who had certain types of Cancer had low levels of Coq10 in their bodies. (and apparently our bodies produce this naturally!!??)
CoQ10 (Ubiquinone,) helps regulate our blood sugar, lowers our blood pressure, helps keep our gums healthy, and all kinds of good stuff. While it is true that our body does make CoQ10, many medications (primarily anti-depressants,) deplete what is made. No daily value has been established, I take 100mg/day, and I can always feel it, when I forget to take it - I feel better when I take CoQ10.

As usual do your homework, and ask your Doctor before taking any supplements.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post: