Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #261
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rotator Cuff Injury

This happens it could be weeks before you regain motion in the delt area.
The rotator in my left shoulder is injured so...

I treat it with 800 miligrams of ibuprofen
Ice with arm elevated
And a tennis ball.

Hold a tennis ball against the wall and lean into it with the shoulder area that's painful. Hold it there for 90 seconds.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #262
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so excited!! I put my "beater bike" together (this bike I've had since 1998 and I've put about 35,000km on it in its lifetime). Now I just need to find my helmet and at least one of my bike panniers. Then I should be able to bike to work next week. I was thinking that I might need to get an overhaul on it but it seems to be in decent shape.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #263
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Pancakes.
I fixed the pancakes jet posted a bout..darn good too,even my son says make em again..u bet I will.Tks Jet.

Question folks..Hear lately ive had a prob with sticky rusty joints,i know I have arthritis and have for years.I am takeing 7.5MG of meloxicam 2xdaily and have been for a while,other than staying as mobile as I can just what else can I use to free up the joints?I have tryed some of the stuff u get over the counter but it has so much asprin in it my throat and stomac get really uncomfy when I take it so I never have gone past three days worth it.The weather is changeing is prolly the reason but I would like it to not be happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
Have you tried a glucosamine/condroitin (sp?) supplement? It will take a bit to get into your system good, it's not an instant fix. But I use it, and I give my dog the doggy version, and both of our joints are much happier for it.

A
I use the glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM combination, it really does work. I have MAJOR arthritis in my left knee and shoulder.
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #264
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Well I made high protein pancakes this morning. You can find the recipe on the previous page.

I can't say enough about P90x weight loss/muscle building program.
I integrated it in my weight lifting regimen. I'm on a mission to lose weight and P90x's
core synergistic and yoga routines are amazing. They hit muscles I didn't even know I had.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #265
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Welp got back into the running after a few days at a client's. And K and I are returning back to a vegan lifestyle this week. I actually splurged on a Vitamix 5200 (I always think of Lucille Ball's skit on vitavegametin. LOL). Anyways I should be able to make fresher juices and better mixed smoothies. And get my diet closer to a raw vegan diet. Later today or tomorrow I'm going to put my bikes together and clean up the beater bike to use next week to bike to and from the facility I'll be teaching at (30 min ride based on Google maps).

And once I start unpacking I should (hopefully?) find my P90X DVDs and I can start doing that. I did get some pushup aids as well as some power blocks. So it's all coming together.
I love P90X. This will be my forth week coming up.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #266
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Thanked 1,335 Times in 501 Posts
Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default got juice?

Does anyone have any juicer recommendations?

I was considering the Omega, Champion, and Greenstar (because I usually drink vegetables) juicer, but then someone who has used all three over many years has been talking me into getting a higher end Breville model because the payoff in time/ease of cleanup is greater than the payoff in yield/efficiency.
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #267
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
mr/he :p
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

before my car accident i was 115lbs. i lifted weights everyday and martial arts 5 nights a wk 3 hours a night. i was bed ridden for 2 months then in a wheel chair for almost a yr. i gained 100lbs in a little over a yr. now i am back in the gym training harder then ever. not into martial arts again yet but working on it
sweetbutch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #268
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Does anyone have any juicer recommendations?

I was considering the Omega, Champion, and Greenstar (because I usually drink vegetables) juicer, but then someone who has used all three over many years has been talking me into getting a higher end Breville model because the payoff in time/ease of cleanup is greater than the payoff in yield/efficiency.
I have a Breville under 100 bucks amazon and love it. Over the years I've spent hundreds of dollars. I love it and it is easy to clean. If you spend too much time cleaning you are less likely to juice. I juice daily.

I also have a vitamix and make smoothies but to be be honest I'm more likely to juice. I dont always like the texture of some veggies in a smoothie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #269
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
This happens it could be weeks before you regain motion in the delt area.
The rotator in my left shoulder is injured so...

I treat it with 800 miligrams of ibuprofen
Ice with arm elevated
And a tennis ball.

Hold a tennis ball against the wall and lean into it with the shoulder area that's painful. Hold it there for 90 seconds.
i tore mine in half during my car accident. omg i'd rather break my femur again. rotator cuff injuries are nasty
Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #270
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

P90x looks brutal. I hate to workout but I love my ab circle and started doing QiQong which is like tai chi. Maybe because my week is so busy picking up stuff, cleaning up after dogs, yard, garden, etc.

I have discovered something recently about myself that took many moons to "get"... that my obsession with my body and my thinking around food needed to change. I stopped dieting and stopped freaking out about it. I used common sense and my focus was more on nutrition and healing. Then I did things that helped me move and over time I moved more. I think a big problem with people today is that they dont play enough, move freely without stress and effort. Add meditation and your entire life begins to change.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #271
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

it isn't my rotator cuff as i thought. its almost the entire shoulder. im typing with one hand, the other one is holding up ice.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #272
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

any doctors, PAs or Nurses in the house? It feels like my arm is going to fall off from the shooting pain.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #273
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
any doctors, PAs or Nurses in the house? It feels like my arm is going to fall off from the shooting pain.
I'm a ma I would say Ice and ibuprofen but if you are in that much pain go to see an orthopedist and get an x-ray to see if any ligaments are torn..good luck
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #274
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Organic and I are getting back into the swing of things after nearly a week off (we really need to work on our continuity) and are doing weight training and cardio. Pretty basic, but it's much better than doing nothing at all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #275
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhkayyyy then! I'm tired of staring at a computer screen and gathering research material so let's go move lots of heavy objects repeatedly! Today is upper body and a short treadmill run....ahhhhh...mindless physical goodness!!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #276
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows papa View Post
Ohhhkayyyy then! I'm tired of staring at a computer screen and gathering research material so let's go move lots of heavy objects repeatedly! Today is upper body and a short treadmill run....ahhhhh...mindless physical goodness!!
ummmm...posting here is NOT considered gathering research bro

hahaha
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #277
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

*roots around in the smilies page and tries to find a "busted" smilie* Hmmmm..... HAHAHAHA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
ummmm...posting here is NOT considered gathering research bro

hahaha
Old 09-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #278
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

If I dont chizel off the glue that is surely attached to my arse holding me captive to this chair, i will melt into it, and miss the gym.

UGH. must. move,

chair

must

not

win.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #279
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
shooting pain sounds like i pinched nerve
Old 09-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #280
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Jet, you really should see a medical doctor to ensure that it's not just a pinched nerve or soreness. It could be worse. And, may also want to consider visiting a sports therapist, if at all possible. They can make recommendations as to how best workout (if at all) until the shoulder heals fully.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: