Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 05-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #81
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Want to clarify ...

LadySnow, I agree that most certainly parents do not make their children gay/lesbian/bi/trans.

I was born gay.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #82
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
So after watching a few interviews, learning more about the intent I can now really voice what I strongly feel about this particular way of marketing, because it's what it is marketing.

The magazine stirred up tons of controversy the way the child is posed, it's put Moms against Moms regarding who's the better parent or not. The picture is misleading since I thought it would be about when or when not to breastfeed a child and how Mom's that choose to are literally being bullied in society and shamed for doing what feels right to them.

It's a OLD MAN telling women how to *parent*, how to be *better* Mom's. What the hell does this old guy know and most importantly WHY are we as women listening to this MAN telling us or giving us advice on how to better parent.

I'd rather seek advice from a Mom before some old guy who they could not put on the cover because let's be honest, Mom on the cover is the sexist ideal of a *hot mom*

Thin, blonde, pretty he's not gonna sell covers like she is, throw in a stool and an almost 4 year old child posed into the mix and you have controversy and this magazine sells a bit more, women are dogging out one another on Mother's Day.

It's disgusting sometimes how we allow *men* to display images of us (women) in ways that can be, are demeaning especially to something as important as.

Motherhood.
THANK YOU! This is kinda the point I was trying to make in one of my previous posts..but you said it WAY better than me!

I found the photo disturbing...and then I did some soul searching as to WHY I found it so disturbing. And the reason was that is was a staged photo designed to provoke controversy. Hell, I don't care how women breastfeed, or when, or how long...that is entirely up to each individual. And I could care less if they choose to do it while hanging upside down from a tree! However, I DO have a problem with someone posing a woman the way THEY want to and staging a photograph. And then to block in a title that somehow implies that a certain type of "mothering" is better than another. Yeah...I have a BIG problem with that.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #83
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow A link to one of the interviews

LINKYLOO
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #84
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Takes two in a decision in a relationship

What is ironic to me (not really) is that Dad gets no criticism at all, nor is he being shamed for making this decision as well..

Mysoginy and sexism are a curious thing.... The women and children are the ones always shit on...

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #85
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't read through the entire thread, so I am apologizing if this has already been covered.....

Is it really the the act of breast-feeding that is the nurturing part, or is it the act of holding the child close to you in a loving way for periods of time? I believe that it can be both, but one does not negate the other.

I breast-fed for about 2 months, but bottles were used at the same time when I was back at work. Does this mean that my relationship and closeness with my son is any different from others who breast-fed their children for longer than I did with no bottle? Nope.

I also don't appreciate that this idea promotes only the closeness of mothers to their children. What about fathers... what about adoptive parents... what about other family members who end up taking care of someone elses child?

I believe that we all do what we find best for our kids...but as others have stated, why do we have to start an us and them controvery again?

I abhor the fact that they chose to stage the cover with the child standing up, when the mother states that she breast feeds-him in a cradling, cuddling fashion.

It's a shame that TIME appears to have taken sides.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #86
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This article is for those who don't believe there is a benefit for breast feeding after babies get teeth. That is such a misconception.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...tes/54909940/1
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post: