Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
As I sent a message to Joe, in Colonoscopies I leave the gender blank as a colon is a colon is a colon. Same organ in male and females. It has nothing to do with a person, people or anyone here on the site. A metaphor, the ass.
Ok that was a lovely funny exchange of posts. I reread several times with raised eyebrow, saw the mod's query, and then saw the response that an ass really is a colon. I just burst out laughing that I hadn't gotten it first time through. Thanks Corkey

Last edited by C0LLETTE; 03-18-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: if you're thanking someone, you should spell their nic correctly...sorry corkey lol
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #22
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

It's quite alright, I'm an acquired taste....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #23
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mario View Post
SO glad folks are finding this a useful thread! I am now over 50 and just want an

~> INDEX of RESOURCES<~

in order to get some wellness health testing (like a colonoscopy!) without a bunch of unnecessary awkwardness and drama. I'd also like to find an LGBT-friendly Notary Public for some document changes ( I have access to FREE Notaries, but for same reason as above.)

There are big, new Spa-like hi-tech medical facilities nearby to me, but no list to be found of LGBT-friendly docs. But still I am having to schlep away from where I live and go into the nearest city to the LGBT clinic.

The local LGBT resource indexes here in Philly/NJ have old, stale lists, bad links or no information listed in the category!?

WHAT, did every body MOVE??

I'm assuming you mean the Mazonni Center when you talk about LGBT clinic?

Quote:
Indeed, Dapper.
I was wondering if anyone had issues with Passports stating your TG name, but with the 'F' marker in the gender box(?).
I think there are probably more FtM's than MtF's who are biologically Trans GENDER, not Trans SEXUAL, so the 'F' gender marker must remain.

Also, with Insurance Policies: If the (Coroner's Exam) Death Certificate reads 'F' and ones documents, health and life Insurance Policies read 'M', do Life Insurance Policies become void? I'm sure they would try every measure to screw a beneficiary out of their payment.
In terms of the passport, if the license and passport matches both name (no matter what the name) and gender marker (no matter what the gender marker), I would think the person would be good to go.

Yes, unless your sex is changed legally, you should always use your birth sex on any legal documents (life insurance, car insurance, etc). Your death certificate will state whatever legal sex you are, not what is inbetween your legs.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #24
Joe Mario

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'He' will be fine.
Relationship Status:
happily involved

Joe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
As I sent a message to Joe, in Colonoscopies I leave the gender blank as a colon is a colon is a colon. Same organ in male and females. It has nothing to do with a person, people or anyone here on the site. A metaphor, the ass.
Hey, Corkey, let me understand your response:

Do you know about colonoscopy procedures? Have you had one recently?

When I was in college, I worked in a hospital in the department where they did colonoscopies. Forgive the graphics folks, but fact is; the anus is about an inch away from the genitals. Unless there have been some changes in the procedure, there is no hiding the genitals from being exposed to the tech staff during a colonoscopy. Technicians might get freaky if the bits don't match the rest of the persona. Regarding colonoscopies, how might you think leaving the gender question 'blank' on paper keeps ones TG status private?

I had a technician create drama and discomfort for me regarding my gender during another wellness procedure I had in the past. Friends have had similar unpleasant experiences in medical test centers. Because of this, I kinda sorta thought my concern was obvious.

An LGBT-friendly/ trans-aware facility might alleviate some of the awkwardness one might experience, so I was looking to see if anyone might know of such place/s.

I think I have my answers, though, so thanks every one!

Ciao,
~Joe Mario
Joe Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #25
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Joe,

Did you see my response? Have you gone to the Mazonni Center for medical care?

I wonder if they could suggest a GI person to do the colonoscopy that is used to working with trans people.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #26
Joe Mario

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'He' will be fine.
Relationship Status:
happily involved

Joe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Your death certificate will state whatever legal sex you are, not what is inbetween your legs.
Is there some way to have your sex legally changed without a surgeon's letter stating one has undergone GRS? Birth Certificate changes require this letter. Drivers Licenses changes require Birth Certificate changes first. Does it depend on the state? Is there some other Document one can acquire that doesn't depend upon others like the two aforementioned?

Do Coroners look at Documentation before filling out their physical examination findings for a Death Certificate? What if the Certificate is signed before papers are brought forth?

Ciao,
~Joe Mario
Joe Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mario For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #27
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

What about non-invasive endoscopies...scopes via the "pill Camera.? I worked for the manufacturer here.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #28
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Is there some way to have your sex legally changed without a surgeon's letter stating one has undergone GRS? Birth Certificate changes require this letter. Drivers Licenses changes require Birth Certificate changes first. Does it depend on the state? Is there some other Document one can acquire that doesn't depend upon others like the two aforementioned?

Do Coroners look at Documentation before filling out their physical examination findings for a Death Certificate? What if the Certificate is signed before papers are brought forth?

To my knowledge, for FTMs, you can change your sex based on top surgery. MTFs have to have bottom surgery. I don't know if this is based on state or not, but most top surgeons expect to write a letter saying you are male after they perform your surgery.

In DE and MD you can change your driver's license gender marker with just a lettter from your therapist and/or hormone prescriber. Those are the only two states I have looked into. Look up your state's motor vehicle website and it will tell you.

I don't know the answer to the coroners. I tried to google the information for you and couldn't find anything. I did see that someone could get the deceased person's death certificate adjusted if needed. Meaning, they can fill out a form to get it changed. I understand why you would be concerned about this. If a FTM is laying on the table fully masculinized with T, but with no surgeries, the coroner would take pause. I assume they would look to find out the person's legal sex at that point.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #29
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Your gender has to be legally changed by the court—in some states—through documentation of irreversable surgeries signed off in affidavits by the surgeon as proof that your gender has been surgically changed. (about 20 pages worth that I've seen.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #30
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey, Corkey, let me understand your response:

Do you know about colonoscopy procedures? Have you had one recently?

When I was in college, I worked in a hospital in the department where they did colonoscopies. Forgive the graphics folks, but fact is; the anus is about an inch away from the genitals. Unless there have been some changes in the procedure, there is no hiding the genitals from being exposed to the tech staff during a colonoscopy. Technicians might get freaky if the bits don't match the rest of the persona. Regarding colonoscopies, how might you think leaving the gender question 'blank' on paper keeps ones TG status private?

I had a technician create drama and discomfort for me regarding my gender during another wellness procedure I had in the past. Friends have had similar unpleasant experiences in medical test centers. Because of this, I kinda sorta thought my concern was obvious.

An LGBT-friendly/ trans-aware facility might alleviate some of the awkwardness one might experience, so I was looking to see if anyone might know of such place/s.

I think I have my answers, though, so thanks every one!

I've had 3 since I turned 50. Yep ones genitals are bared to the doctor. On the form in most procedures I leave it blank. It's high time the medical field changes to suit their patients needs not the other way around. If colonoscopies were done robotically I'd have a problem, but they are done by human beings who are (assumed) intelligent enough to know the difference in human beings. The ass isn't as far as I know a genital, so I would propose it has nothing to do with my gender.
In my experience I advise the medical professionals of my gender prior to any procedure and how I am to be addressed. It is up to me to be proactive. Guess what, they pay attention. I have never had an issue with any medical professional being rude or indifferent to me. If I found they were to be, they wouldn't be on my medical team. I, me, the patient have the responsibility of my own being and care. As such I take care of the details.
Your milage may vary.

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #31
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Capsule colonoscopy

FYI: Non-invasive (capsule) colonoscopy. Don't know insurance guidelines, depending.
http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/21087/InTech-Non_invasive_endoscopy_technique_virtual_colonosco py.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #32
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Each state has their own set of rules for this, I'm afraid. Worse yet, some states won't change a person's gender, on their birth certificate, after SRS, at all.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post: