Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Performance Art

Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #41
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I think this recording is really bad (music is loud, mic is low), but Gaige insisted I post this one...She's partial, just so you know...Just for you Baby

Thank you babygirl. This took me back to the BFP reunion this past September when you sang it for me on cabaret night. I love you sweetheart. You're awesome!
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaige For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #42
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I'm curious by nature, so I have a question for the karaoke singers in here...

What was the first song you sang at karaoke? Did getting up to sing karaoke for the first time, happen before, after, or without cocktails?

My first song at karaoke took place after one, or possibly three shots of Patrón, and the song only had one word in it (perfect for me, since I probably couldn't have pulled off two words at that point)...Someone put in the request without my knowledge, so I was freaking out a little when the microphone was handed to me out of the blue, and the song came up on the screen...

Tequila!

There was a whole lot of giggling going on in between the "lyric"...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #43
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Recorded on my phone, not the best quality but oh well....

thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #44
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Recorded on my phone, not the best quality but oh well....

This is awesome! One of the talents I am envious of, is being able to sing softly...The songs that I do well at, are always at full throttle.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #45
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread Cx!
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #46
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
This is awesome! One of the talents I am envious of, is being able to sing softly...The songs that I do well at, are always at full throttle.
Easiest way to practice soft singing is to sing laying down. I'm out of practice so my soft voice is not as well-controlled as it used to be, but it's all about breath control, which is all about forcing yourself to use your diaphragm to its full ability. The only way it is possible to breathe laying down is to use your diaphragm. It sounds silly, but it's a great old trick to getting better breath control.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #47
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Easiest way to practice soft singing is to sing laying down. I'm out of practice so my soft voice is not as well-controlled as it used to be, but it's all about breath control, which is all about forcing yourself to use your diaphragm to its full ability. The only way it is possible to breathe laying down is to use your diaphragm. It sounds silly, but it's a great old trick to getting better breath control.
Thank you Diva, that sounds like great advice, I'm going to try it out!

Tags
sharing, singing, songs, video