Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 08-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #41
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for sharing your story nat. Beautifully written and great video too. I too could sit and read more of your posts. Thanks for that.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #42
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
ps. I wrote this during that time:
Perfection. You are amazing, and I truly appreciate you sharing this Nat.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #43
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Wow thanks y'all <3

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #44
bicentennialjenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

bicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputation

i've had relationships with women and men, but i'm still not sure how to identify. nothing seems natural i guess. i only know i am "femme" and like masculinity. bi would technically cover it, but doesn't feel comfortable for me.
bicentennialjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bicentennialjenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 04:55 PM   #45
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicentennialjenn View Post
i've had relationships with women and men, but i'm still not sure how to identify. nothing seems natural i guess. i only know i am "femme" and like masculinity. bi would technically cover it, but doesn't feel comfortable for me.
I don't think you necessarily need to put a name to it unless you want to. Here's the thing, it seems like you are a femme who likes masculine of center folks Whether they are male or female identified. Seems like a great way of saying you identify. I know for myself that I am a masculine Butch, female for all intent purposes and I dislike the lesbian term for myself because although I say I am female, it's because I do not want to be male. So I say I'm queer or Butch if anyone asks. Anyway, you'll figure out, the identity stuff.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #46
clodie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Always she

clodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputationclodie Has the BEST Reputation

It's just my opinion based on observation and own experiences. I'm just trying to figure it out myself so if I'm doing it wrong - which I'm not afraid to admit, feel free to correct me and please, please don't be upset by my post because it doesn't apply to everyone.

I think there are many people that have problems identifying as either straight, bi or lesbian. Technically the word queer should cover the rest - or so I thought. I learned recently that it seems to be more about your gender identity than who you're attracted to. My guess is people sometimes adjust to those labels, not necessary consciously. If I'm into someone, unless my pride ends up being crushed heartlessly, the next person I'll like will probably be similar to the previous one. And so bi women can seem and identify at times as being eg lesbian, because they're in that crowd, they're into that at the moment that they stop seeing men. Another problem with labeling your sexual orientation can be, and is in my case the fact that just because you seem to be both physically and mentally attracted to someone doesn't mean you'll be able to be with them. In that way I'd say that in theory I'm pansexual... but in reality I'm a lesbian (and that's just from having contact with only men and women). I can look at a guy and feel attracted to him but I know from my previous experiences that it just doesn't feel right being with one even though in theory it should. And that could be the case for many people. So if you don't feel right being with either men or women even if you felt attracted enough to try, maybe you just need to look for something different. It's just going to be a bit harder, like it usually is for a minority.
clodie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clodie For This Useful Post: