Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 09-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #41
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

As one that was cheated on, the pain of betrayal is so great when it all ruptures and trust me, it ruptures, sooner or later; is so great, that I struggle with it still. It wounds to the core.

When children are involved, the pain is even greater.

Sharing my own experience is not a judgment.

I lived it during my 19 years with her.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #42
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am really struggling with this. I am so happy Starbuck that you were able to find love in your new girlfriend - but a part (okay a huge part) of me cannot understand the cheating and betrayal you are doing to a man who is committed to you. I would say the same thing to someone on this board who was cheating on their partner.

It's cheating. Bottom line, it is cheating. These men who you say are honorable men and love you - They deserve the same respect. I mean you say with such sureness, he would never cheat on you, because you are married. How does this not break your heart? Every time you touch your girlfriend, how does this act of cheating, not break your heart?

And in front of these two men, you carry on a charade.

The only thing which can come out of this is HURT. One day they will find out, and the hurt which will be felt will be great, and you will be the bearer of this hurt.

I am sorry if I have offended... You brought your relationship(s) to the forefront with an openness and in doing so, you are giving us an opportunity to respond. I am just sad by this. Nobody deserves to be betrayed.

Why can't you just be honest and leave them? Love for another and take the risk that loving takes. Or try and work out an open relationship - something, that involves some form of honesty.

Sorry... This whole thing really makes me very sad for those men.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #43
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Cheating is selfish, cowardly, and cruel - no matter what the circumstances are.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #44
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
my only comment/concern is this four lettered word called RAGE.
Hi Starbuck. My apologies for a drive by post. It was very brave of you to share such a personal secret with us.

The first Lesbian love of my life was a butch cop. Repeatidly, she would tell me, the prisons are full of people because of RAGE. And after reading your story, that is what came to my mind. Betrayals of trust push people over the edge. Please be careful. Certainly, it's your life to live. I'd venture to say almost all of us know how powerful the attraction between two women can be. Maybe try professional (neutral) counseling to help sort this out.

I truely wish you well.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #45
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I also agree it was very brave of you to share. And it's certainly your choice.

I too fell in love with a woman when I was married. She lived in a different city, but we had a sometimes physical and a very much emotional affair for over a year. Ultimately, it ended because I didn't want to hurt my husband, who was and is a good man and father. She had a partner with whom she was having problems, and I didn't want to be an escape. Both of us had to treat our partners with honor before getting involved with anyone else. That, to me, was keeping my vow.

But ask yourself this: if you know your husband's ex-wife cheated on him and destroyed him emotionally, how do you justify doing the same? Because it will come out in the wash, end two marriages, and hit like a sucker punch to two men. If you or your gf have minor children, they will be hurt-badly. It might seem like a foolproof arrangement, but divorce court is full of husbands who weren't quite as chumpy as their wives thought they were. And by her actions, your gf is showing that she can and will cheat.

I can't sit and judge because I have been there. But when it does blow up, it has the potential to be financially and emotionally devastating to at least four people.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #46
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I was excited to see this thread yesterday, but ultimately had to walk away from the computer without posting to avoid saying something that would get me moderated. I'm very happy to see that I'm not the only one who isn't so much concerned with "not judging" people who are lying and cheating and seem proud of it.

I am bisexual, and I've spent my entire adult life fighting an uphill battle against negative stereotypes about bisexual people. Bisexuals can't be trusted, they're liars, they'll cheat on you, they're not capable of being faithful. And now, here's a thread about bisexuality, in which all of these negative stereotypes are being put on display as if it were perfectly normal, acceptable behavior.

Starbuck, others here may be concerned with not judging you, but I'm not one of those people. I am judging you. Lying and cheating are not okay. What you're both doing to your husbands is not okay. Liars lie, cheaters cheat, and the whole concept of the two of you being "faithful" while cheating on your respective husbands is laughable. I certainly don't appreciate the attempt to justify lying and cheating because there's bisexuality involved. Bisexual people are perfectly capable of monogamy, just like straight and gay people are. Being bisexual doesn't make cheating okay.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #47
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMa'am View Post
Bisexual people are perfectly capable of monogamy, just like straight and gay people are. Being bisexual doesn't make cheating okay.
I agree, "Bisexual people are perfectly capable of monogamy..." I cannot say in all truthfullness that I agree with not being truthful with your parnter/s. I have been very hurt by cheating and I have cheated in my life time. When I was in my early adulthood I cheated on my girlfriend. It was not a daliance. The "other woman" fell in love with me. I felt like crap. I was hurting two very wonderful women. In the end I lost my partner, her love and respect she once held for me. Eventually she married one of my brothers. (Karma) The "other woman" went on to find a partner that loved her and only her.

I am not saying having more than one sexual, and/or romantic interest is wrong. If you are all legal adults and honest with everyone involved it is your choice how all of you lead your life. If not, you will eventually have to deal with the choice of your actions. And unfortunately, even the ones that did not willingly, knowningly make the choice, they too will have no choice but to live with the consequences of your actions.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #48
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

You make a good point here. I'm curious about something. Let's hold everything else constant but change just one significant factor.

There are still two women involved in a relationship but one of the women is cheating on her partner with a man. Her partner doesn't know this is going on. The partner who is cheating posts her story here. Are people still going to praise her for her bravery and courage to be herself? Or would it suddenly not be okay because the victim here is another woman?

If people still would not have a problem with it, is there ANYTHING that someone could do in a relationship (outside of outright violence which, I presume, we still can judge harshly) that would cause people to say "that's not okay". If, on the other hand, someone would judge the woman who cheats on her wife with a man, why is it that we cannot judge cheating on her husband with a woman?

Cheers
Aj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMa'am View Post
I was excited to see this thread yesterday, but ultimately had to walk away from the computer without posting to avoid saying something that would get me moderated. I'm very happy to see that I'm not the only one who isn't so much concerned with "not judging" people who are lying and cheating and seem proud of it.

I am bisexual, and I've spent my entire adult life fighting an uphill battle against negative stereotypes about bisexual people. Bisexuals can't be trusted, they're liars, they'll cheat on you, they're not capable of being faithful. And now, here's a thread about bisexuality, in which all of these negative stereotypes are being put on display as if it were perfectly normal, acceptable behavior.

Starbuck, others here may be concerned with not judging you, but I'm not one of those people. I am judging you. Lying and cheating are not okay. What you're both doing to your husbands is not okay. Liars lie, cheaters cheat, and the whole concept of the two of you being "faithful" while cheating on your respective husbands is laughable. I certainly don't appreciate the attempt to justify lying and cheating because there's bisexuality involved. Bisexual people are perfectly capable of monogamy, just like straight and gay people are. Being bisexual doesn't make cheating okay.

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #49
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Yanno... This tends to get confusing had I "called out" Starbucks on her cheating, lying, deceit, alll the obvious things fucked up that she's doing to her kid, friend, husband, lover their kids somewhere someone somehow would of viewed it as big bully Snow wagging her finger at poor Star.

She's not seeing it like we do (Star) she's happy with her life, sex, lies because she gets her cake and she gets to eat seconds too.

She doesn't get she's got straight bennies, gets to say she's bi-lesbian-queer when she can or she's here. It's not going to change she's clear on that, here and in pm.

So what else is one gonna do? Bi-sexuals aren't cheaters, deceivers, sneaky unsafe people yet once in a blue moon someone will come across these boards who since she joined has talked about the married lover.

I guess we can say she's not but to her, in her head she is and none of us is gonna be able to sway het from that.

At that point I just shrug and an like whatever cause I was like ..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 09-26-2011 at 11:44 AM.
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #50
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
I think it is about sex. That is why it is called bi-sexual. I have never had sex with a (omg what word do I use? breaths through a moment of language horror). But what do I know is that I have only been an out dyke for 35 years and it always meant the same.
So, I presume, that you consider homosexuality to be about sex as well as heterosexuality? If not, may I ask by what possible logic you can use to say that bisexuality is about sex (since, according to you, that is why it's called sex) while neither hetero- nor homosexuality are about sex? Or do you concede as accurate the right-wing, anti-gay meme that anything that is *not* heterosexuality is about nothing more than sex?

cheers
Aj

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #51
Daddiesgirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Daddiesgirl is on a distinguished road

I have been having this same conversation with my gf who identifies as a soft butch. I am bi and have always been with both men and women sexually. The strange thing is that I never did develop feeling for another woman outside of being friends. It was purely sexual. I was married to a man for several years and have two small children and not once during my marriage did I have the urge to be with women. I was happy and he satisfied me. Once we divorced I was free to be with women again which I did, but again, there was no emotional attachment. Then I met my gf. She's AMAZING! I fell for her hard and fast. It was like nothing I had ever felt before. I had never loved a man like I love her. Perhaps before when I was with women I never felt an emotional attachment because they were all femmes and my gf is very much butch. I don't know. All I know is that she has a VERY hard time dealing with the fact that I'm bi. She is very insecure about it and always says that she fears that she's not going to be enough for me. I can't fix her insecurities, all I can do is try to make sure she knows that I love her and want to be with only her. But back to the original question, I do identify as bi and although before it was purely for sexual reasons, it isn't any longer. <3 LML <3
Daddiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daddiesgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #52
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

When someone posts something as charged as what Starbuck did people will naturally be moved. Her nearly gleeful portrayal of her powder keg existence is almost painful to read. We have all experienced betrayal on some level, perhaps even been the one to betray so it is difficult to remain objective. Also considering the stigma that seems to still be associated with bisexuality it was with a distinct lack of forethought that Starbuck chose to post her story in a thread entitled so what does bisexuality mean to you. And I also believe she vastly misjudged the mood of her audience.

When someone wants to respond to a post where they find the behavior of the poster unacceptable there are really only two ways to go, there will be degrees of variance within the responses but still only two ways to go. You either want to make your moral outrage clear or you want to help the person understand where their actions will ultimately lead. Either is perfectly acceptable and not at all attached to the gender of the people involved.

You can be outraged because of what Starbuck is doing to others. You may understand the pain and damage she is and will cause from a place of experience. In which case your response will naturally come from that understanding. You can share your disgust as well as your extreme displeasure at the way she is adding to the stereotype of the cheating greedy bisexual. And it is certainly an understandable position. However, I don’t believe to choose another less judgmental approach means one does not understand the severity of what she is doing. Nor does it have to mean you believe that it is okay to do what she is doing. Or that it is okay to do it because it is men who are being cheated on.

I think people stop listening when they feel judged and attacked. And it is not necessary to care about this. It is perfectly acceptable to judge and to share your moral outrage. Let me put a great degree of emphasis on that. Perfectly acceptable indeed. But I also think it is okay to try to reach the person by keeping the lines of communication open. Perhaps you will be responsible for helping someone achieve that "ahah" moment by remaining compassionate and not beating the person over the head with your moral outrage. Either way is okay. But I don’t think one’s choice has to be based on what is the gender of the person being cuckolded
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #53
Anastasia

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Not Looking

Anastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Cheating is selfish, cowardly, and cruel - no matter what the circumstances are.
Fundamentally I agree with you.

But there can be other circumstances that make choices harder and make your statement seem flippant and short sighted.

I will use my own story as an example. Feel free to judge it how you see fit, I say this knowing that it is impossible to really understand all of the complexities of anyone's relationships or reality.

I have always known I was attracted to women, but have not ever been in a relationship with one. I fell in love with a man over 20 years ago and we have been together ever since. Despite my attraction to women, I did not do anything about it because I was in a committed relationship. I have been married to that same man and was faithful to that man for over 20 years. I say 'was' because I made a choice a few months ago that I both do and do not regret. I did not tell my husband. I am currently engaged in an emotional affair. I did not tell my husband, nor do I intend to. The latter is a bigger betrayal in my opinion, but we will stick with the original premise for now.

I will illustrate the points that lead me to my decision:

Point 1: A little over two years ago my husband (who is 14 years older than me) was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The emotional and physical toll of the diagnosis and treatment ended our sex life for 2 years and after 2 years of absolutely no physical contact, what sex life returned was an occasional desire on his part for me to perform a particular act that I willingly do, but no desire on his part to reciprocate or even show desire toward me at all. I have been often brutally honest with him about my feelings and desires, I have begged, gotten angry, thrown myself at him, tried to show him what I want, etc. Nothing has changed other than he now avoids the subject altogether.

Is this indicative of a problem in our marriage? Yes. Is it worth leaving 20 years of history with a man that I love (regardless of my sexual preference)? In my opinion, no.

Point 2:The statistics and realities with prostate cancer treatment, the incidence of cancer recurrence, his other very real and serious illness, and just the changes in sexual desire and function in men as they age, predict that sexual issues we have are not likely to change and further treatment for this or another very serious illness he has will be needed.

I am the breadwinner of the family. At this point I pay all of the bills and his medical insurance is through my job (he is self employed). I will not have him think for even ONE MINUTE that he will not be able to pay for his current or any future treatment or that he will be alone if he is to fall seriously ill again. As long as he will have me I will be by his side to his or my last breath. Dramatic, but reality.

Point 3: One option is to tell him that I want to stay married to him, but am sexually attracted to women and ask his "permission" to have another relationship with a woman. Someone asked me once how I would feel if he gave his "blessings" to this type of arrangement. I said I would be thrilled, but I have known him 20 years and the likelihood of that is slim, but the risk of him looking at me and thinking that I had lived 20 years of a lie and I had never been attracted to him or loved him is too great. I will not have him think that ever, because it is not true.

Point 4: Another option is to remain faithful in an essentially sexless marriage with promise of sex returning to even what it was before prostate cancer. A lot of women end up leaving their husbands after prostate cancer treatment. The emotional toll is devastating and then when your partner decides he is ok with no sex life regardless of what your desire are, it gets worse. I am not leaving. So remaining faithful in a sexless marriage is what I chose for 2 years. We do not have children, only each other. I could not throw myself into my kids lives to try to avoid the loneliness. What it did was made me insane and ultimately when given the chance I cheated. I offer no excuses. I made the decision. The sex was great the aftermath was, probably deservedly, a fucking nightmare.

From all of this I summarize:

Is he perfect? No.
I am perfect? Not even close.
Do I love him? Yes, totally and completely.
Can I live without physical contact with another person? No. And if I am going to be with someone else I choose to be with the gender I am physically attracted to.
Is absolving myself of guilt worth the emotional pain and financial impact it would inflict on him? No.

Prior to all of this I would have never thought there was room in my heart for anyone other than my husband, recent events have called that into question.

I do not know where I am going from here. I do not have any excuses or answers. What I did and am doing is wrong, but I am not sure nailing myself to the cross and denying my needs is right either.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #54
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Anastasia I am sorry that your husband is and has been ill. I can see how that is a dissatisfactory situation.

However. I stand by my original statement. Cheating, regardless of the circumstances, is selfish, is cowardly, is cruel.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #55
Anastasia

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Not Looking

Anastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Anastasia I am sorry that your husband is and has been ill. I can see how that is a dissatisfactory situation.

However. I stand by my original statement. Cheating, regardless of the circumstances, is selfish, is cowardly, is cruel.

Unsatisfactory. Interesting choice of words.

I truly hope you never have to live through about this type of "unsatisfactory" situation.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anastasia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #56
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Unsatisfactory. Interesting choice of words.

I truly hope you never have to live through about this type of "unsatisfactory" situation.
You know absolutely nothing about my situation. Just saying.

And here I am, not cheating.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #57
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

My very measured response has zero to do with the sex or gender of anyone involved. I personally can not help but identify with the two husbands involved (unknowingly so).

I have never been unfaithful in any relationship I have had. My ex, was.

If I had gone into that relationship and we had both agreed to have some sort of "open" relationship, then to me, that would not be cheating. Our relationship was, however, pledged to be monogamous.

Different picture. Different expectations. Different outcome once I discovered the betrayal.

That there are children involved in both families makes it even more difficult to stand by and say nothing.

When we put our lives out there for this community to read, we/I run the risk of negative feedback. We have human reactions and feelings.

I try very hard to not be reactive in my posts. I am aware I am failing to be
objective in this instance. It is the best I can do given the digression from the original topic.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #58
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Morality is a difficult thing to discuss really. Personal morality is by definition a personal choice. However, the reality is that if you believe yourself to be an ethical person then your response to a situation will be you doing the right or moral thing. Therefore anyone else confronted with the same situation would invariably make the same choice. To claim to not make the rules or to define morality for anyone else is just a way of not accepting this responsibility.

If it is okay for you to cheat, lie, steal or whatever under a certain set of circumstances then it is okay for the other to do the same under the same conditions. To me the measure of morality is that it is impartial.

If it is a logical right thinking choice for you in a situation, then in the same situation it is the logical right thinking choice for other reasonable people as well. Morality should be defined impartially.

The other necessary component for personal morality is equal respect for the humanity of all persons. Not equal respect for everyone in everyway. Just equal respect for the humanity of all.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #59
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Morality is a difficult thing to discuss really. Personal morality is by definition a personal choice. However, the reality is that if you believe yourself to be an ethical person then your response to a situation will be you doing the right or moral thing. Therefore anyone else confronted with the same situation would invariably make the same choice. To claim to not make the rules or to define morality for anyone else is just a way of not accepting this responsibility.

If it is okay for you to cheat, lie, steal or whatever under a certain set of circumstances then it is okay for the other to do the same under the same conditions. To me the measure of morality is that it is impartial.

If it is a logical right thinking choice for you in a situation, then in the same situation it is the logical right thinking choice for other reasonable people as well. Morality should be defined impartially.

The other necessary component for personal morality is equal respect for the humanity of all persons. Not equal respect for everyone in everyway. Just equal respect for the humanity of all.
The above in red is what I was driving at when I asked my question about what role the gender of the participants played in things. To me, if this situation is acceptable such that we should not judge things in this instance then we should not be in the least bit disturbed *regardless* of the configuration of the parties.

If it's okay for Barb to cheat on Mike with Mary, then it must also be okay for Mike to cheat on Barb with Julie or, for that matter, for Barb to cheat on Mary with Stan. Once we have decided that this is entirely unremarkable behavior, then any limits we choose to put on this must be *entirely* arbitrary. We should not endorse any behavior or principle--most especially our own--unless we are willing to have that behavior or principle become universal. If we do endorse some behavior or principle, particularly one that has manifest potential to cause harm to others, for ourselves then by what logic do we deny it to others?

Cheers
Aj

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #60
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
The above in red is what I was driving at when I asked my question about what role the gender of the participants played in things. To me, if this situation is acceptable such that we should not judge things in this instance then we should not be in the least bit disturbed *regardless* of the configuration of the parties.

If it's okay for Barb to cheat on Mike with Mary, then it must also be okay for Mike to cheat on Barb with Julie or, for that matter, for Barb to cheat on Mary with Stan. Once we have decided that this is entirely unremarkable behavior, then any limits we choose to put on this must be *entirely* arbitrary. We should not endorse any behavior or principle--most especially our own--unless we are willing to have that behavior or principle become universal. If we do endorse some behavior or principle, particularly one that has manifest potential to cause harm to others, for ourselves then by what logic do we deny it to others?

Cheers
Aj
I think your whole post is very important to understand and to digest. I especially wanted to emphasize the part in red. That's what I was aiming for but I missed the mark. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: