Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: Do you visit or have you visited BFP from work?
Yes, on my work computer during work time 37 26.81%
Yes, on work time but not on work computer 10 7.25%
Yes, on work computer but only during breaks 9 6.52%
No, never ever ever 21 15.22%
No, and I would never do so 12 8.70%
No, but I would if my circumstances were different 12 8.70%
No, but I visit facebook or other nonwork-related sites 4 2.90%
Other (please elaborate below) 15 10.87%
I don't work 18 13.04%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #41
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

No, and I probably wouldn't even consider it. At work I only use the comp for work-related stuff, and the only sites I visit that aren't company websites are fitness-related websites. Most of the time I'm not even at the comp at work, anyways.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
oblivia
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married, treasured, and adored

Thanked 1,430 Times in 359 Posts
oblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputationoblivia Has the BEST Reputation

My office has the site blocked. *boo*. Though I don't have any real privacy so that's a barrier too. If I had my own office, I'd totally check in a little from work.
oblivia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oblivia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2010, 02:28 AM   #43
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

*G* Ah the advantages to owning my business!! I CAN do whatever I want at work; I OPT to get the day done sooner so I can get home and enjoy my quiet time here!!!
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #44
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Retired- I get to log-on to the Planet whenerver I want! And it is the only
B-F website I am a member of. Sticking with the best! Just is a good "fit" for me.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #45
perfekly_flawed

How Do You Identify?:
I'm admittedly a bit of a Princessa... borderline BRAT
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mizz, She, Her or Bitch if ya wanna get personal...
Relationship Status:
Lovin' on Mi Papi!

perfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputationperfekly_flawed Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not on Company Computer

Like some of the folks above, I work from home for an IT company. I have a company issued laptop and a personal desktop.

While my company is pretty progressive and gays/lesbians are protected under our diversity policy, we have domestic partner bennies - etc., my personal feeling is that I'd be disrespecting my company doing anything not work related on the equipment they provided for me to work on. Social networking, gaming, etc.

So, instead I have become the Queen of Multitasking between 2 machines at all times...

perfekly_flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to perfekly_flawed For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #46
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Droid and Java

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Devil View Post
I access this site from work using my phone. I use the work computer for work only. I can access everything on this site with my phone except the chatroom. Whenever I try to get into the chatroom I get a message saying I need to download Java. I'm pretty sure I already have Java on my phone. Anyone one else have this problem accessing the chat with your phone. I'm using a Droid X btw. Would appreciate any tips you can supply. thanks
I have a Droid as well, I tried to enter chat and it said I needed java so I hit the provided link to download it. Got to the java site and hit the free download button and got ... device not supported. So I guess using the Droid to go into the chat room is not an option at this time.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #47
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I went online years ago to another B-F site while at work ... I got tagged for it back then and they blocked the website ... what a bunch of fun-preventers! LOL!

Now, they have tightened Internet restrictions even more in the past couple of years. I still get tapped on the head once in a while.

Oh well ....
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #48
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Just one of the many perks of being retired.
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #49
MountainStar

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme/grrl/she/her
Relationship Status:
Singed a bit but still kicking!

MountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST Reputation

I don't visit here...or any other site that could be tracked and cause issues for me. I can go online once home and go wherever I want...weeee!
Life is a moment...revel in it!

MountainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MountainStar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #50
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

My work computer is heavily tracked, and the official corporate rules are very strict, but most people appear to have smartphones and if you sit at anybody's desk (including my boss's) for more than 5 minutes, their phone does something communicative - emails, texts or rings.

My boss doesn't actually pick up if we're in there though my last meth-head boss would totally text and talk right in front of us.

I only ever use the internet on my work computer for work-related stuff.

We have productivity goals we have to meet, and I usually meet/exceed them. But I definitely read bfp from my iphone while at work, and I generally post on breaks. If I hear a song I like on Pandora, I will sometimes find the link on youtube and paste it to the listening thread while working. It's a pretty quick maneuver and then it's there for posterity (read: for my own future enjoyment). If they ever make us put our smartphones away, it will be the podcasts I'll miss most.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 06:07 AM   #51
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Sounds like we need to get to work on the iPhone app

I've been studying the app building process for several months. I feel like I'm close to beginning work on it but it has to go in line behind the zillion other projects for the site.

Why can't I just win the damned lottery so I can work for ThePlanet full time instead of the system?!!!! WAAAHHHHHH!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #52
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Sounds like we need to get to work on the iPhone app

I've been studying the app building process for several months. I feel like I'm close to beginning work on it but it has to go in line behind the zillion other projects for the site.

Why can't I just win the damned lottery so I can work for ThePlanet full time instead of the system?!!!! WAAAHHHHHH!!!
That's exciting I hope you DO win the lotto.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #53
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Well, for the "hitting the lotto" day dreaming segment, my intention(s) have always been to:

Toss $$$ The Planet's way and to donate a big chunk to the MSPCA which holds a very special place in my heart. I love animals and am currently a sponsor.

Prior to anything above, I'll most likely hide out for a few months and not tell anyone where I am until I get things in order. Well, only a few folks that I "truly" trust will know. I don't want certain people coming out of the woodwork trying to be my friend and shit looking for handouts. So be nice to me and maybe, just maybe I'll give you a little somethin', somethin'...But that's after I interrogate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #54
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As a rule I generally don't access any networking sites at work, unless there is something very specific I'm trying to follow. I share an office with several folks and my computer screen is visible to others in the room. At this point, however, I will not access BFP from work at all. It means I'm not active much, but I won't go on a site with the word "Fuckery" on every page. Prior to that I was very selective about logging on at work but I would on occasion; now I simply won't.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #55
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I Wish!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #56
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

No, I do not..... our work campus is surveillanced electronically, so I limit my own electronic activities, accordingly. I like to keep the scale of my 'footprint' as small as possible.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #57
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I would never use my work computer for anything personal!

Our network is government-related.

I am also just too busy to do anything personal and secondly, I am sure that it has layer upon layer of security.

I would rather not find out for sure!

I don't even answer my personal phone while @ work.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 03:49 PM   #58
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

yes but from my iPhone usually between things or at lunch
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #59
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Never from a company computer. Ever. They watch us like hawks....I'm not going to be the one they make an example of. I do however use my iPhone when on breaks, lunch or when waiting for something.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #60
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I use my iPhone on my breaks.