PPoA - Southern Gentle Butch

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, he, him, handsome, Daddy
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Thanked 10,845 Times in 2,247 Posts
bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Congrats BK on another year survived and no fatalities! Have a fabulous summer break!

I used to wonder how I was going to teach an entire career with out any fatalities. I know know it isn't the kids one should worry about but the grown ups .

We are in the last few weeks of school and it gets frantic. I am looking forward to summer and teaching summer school. I do hope next year brings administrative changes, new leadership or even some leadership skills to the current leadership.
Enjoy your summer!
bkisbutchenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkisbutchenuff View Post
With each passing day....remembering why I love one small perk of being an educator....LOVE SUMMER TIME!!!!
almost there. i think i can, i think i can!
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #23
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

bkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputationbkisbutchenuff Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
almost there. i think i can, i think i can!

Sounds like you are having an awesome summer! Congratulations on your relationship...you both appear to be in Love and Very Happy!
BTW - Pizza was not delivered at 3:00am....but thanks for the rep!
The Following User Says Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #24
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sounds like you are having an awesome summer! Congratulations on your relationship...you both appear to be in Love and Very Happy!
BTW - Pizza was not delivered at 3:00am....but thanks for the rep!
Why thank you BK! Lots of love and happiness for sure (Hy is the best ever). I see you are having a blast this summer too! Wonderful!

So far so good on the summer front. This week off then summer school for 5 weeks. Not bad at all! Summer school is way more fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #25
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Back to the Mill in a month....so many challenges and changes...new principal, new assistant principal, new curriculum, new schedule, new classroom....no raise but higher expectations...ugh!
It will be a good year nonetheless...and yr. 25!

BK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #26
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Back to the Mill in a month....so many challenges and changes...new principal, new assistant principal, new curriculum, new schedule, new classroom....no raise but higher expectations...ugh!
It will be a good year nonetheless...and yr. 25!

BK
Oh I hear ya! We go back August 20th or something. I refuse to look at the start date for a few more days.

That is a lot of changes coming up! I wish you peace and luck in handling them. I am sure in 24 years you have learned a thing or two about when to roll with the changes and when to step up to the plate and lead. Do you have a personal goal for 2012/13? Among all the changes do you have a plan for self care?

I am still working summer school. Which is a blast, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it. I thought I was past the needing to work summer school years. And it is so much better than school year school! Since we are a special program we make our own rules. First we do our academics then out social skills. It is a blast. The kids have so much fun. I am grateful I get to see them like this. No meetings with teachers about what they can't do and how they aren't conforming. They just shine and grow and it is amazing to witness. I definitely needed this experience.

I am sincerely hoping 2012/2013 will be my last year teaching as I do now. I need to prepare for what I want to do next and it is time to move on. Going back to school, relearning about teaching or moving in a different direction. No matter what, it is time.

The school/district I am currently at is perfect for teaching me to let go and take the risk to move on. I am going to work at keeping that perspective so I don't get too full of myself and miss the lessons I can learn from where I am at. Sincerely I work with some wonderful professionals and some very unwonderful ones.

The principal made a statement this week that sent me reeling and wanting to resign immediately. It just triggered me personally, ethically and I really had to talk myself down. It was said in passing, not at work, and was a personal belief of the principal. I am sure she thought nothing of it (which is one of the scarier parts of it). And I thought too much of it. I don't want to work with a person like that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

A couple more weeks before I return. I took the summer off. Much needed. I already feel refreshed and determined to keep up self-care during the school year. That is such a challenge.

I am looking forward to my new job. I can't say much about it online for reasons I won't go into. But it's ideal in many ways. Less stress, but still interesting.

I feel for anyone with a bad administrator. People who pontificate about education have no idea what that is like. Thank god for our unions.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 AM   #29
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
A couple more weeks before I return. I took the summer off. Much needed. I already feel refreshed and determined to keep up self-care during the school year. That is such a challenge.

I am looking forward to my new job. I can't say much about it online for reasons I won't go into. But it's ideal in many ways. Less stress, but still interesting.

I feel for anyone with a bad administrator. People who pontificate about education have no idea what that is like. Thank god for our unions.

Yes...sadly just a few more weeks...I plan to live it up while I can....Hopefully one more trip South.

Even though Administrators come and go, they can do great harm in a very short amount of time if they are incompetent!

The general public had NO idea what we go through to educate today's children....and finally...

We can't Unionize in GA.! I could share stories that would make you cringe and throw up....

BK

Enjoy what you have left of the summer everyone!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #30
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Appropriate as summer break comes to an end....

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #31
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #32
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #33
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #34
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I was assured that I will not have to teach Art this year. Halleluiah!!!

I like looking at art, but not making it or teaching it.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Naming new Principal tonight...not like we don't know already...can't do any pre-prep/preplanning because of renovations...ugh...well...let the fun begin!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #36
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkisbutchenuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #37
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 08-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #38
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #39
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #40
bkisbutchenuff

How Do You Identify?:
BOI/Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single. 😉

Member Photo Albums

Time to reflect, focus and get a move on....yr. 25 here I come...ready for the challenges of another year of teaching and learning...I am excited to know I will see my kids soon and we will be making beautiful music together within a few weeks...

I do love my career...when all else fails me - its always there to challenge me, pick me up and fill my voids!

LEGGO

Tags
careers, educators, gltb, network