Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
Yes, I have at least one tattoo. 227 67.76%
Nope, no tatts here. 108 32.24%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Question Poll: Do you have a tattoo?

Just curious to see what the composition of folks on the site have some ink or not!

Of course, if you don't have any (like me), you could add to why and, if you do, please feel free to share the motivation.

I don't have any b/c I can't stand the thought of something permanent being on my skin. I do admire some of the art I've seen on others, though!

Vote and let's see--have more members been inked than not?

Just curious

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I have 5 ( you can see them here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=701)

They all have specific meaning and I designed them all myself:

The ram and metal dog are my two zodiacs. (these were my first and I did them because I wanted to at least try once to see if I liked it or not..)

Linus, on my neck, kinda self-explanatory.

The crest with the sword represents my family crest with motto (translated, literally, means courage towards the summits). The sword's hilt is that of the Acadian Cross. (to honor my family and where I am from)

The flag with the shield represent my nationality (Canadian) and heritage (Acadian)

The Michelle, Ma Belle is a tribute to my mom. The white ribbon, with her year of birth and death, is a rememberence of violence against women (since my mom was a victim of this). The song is written by her favourite band/artist. The frog is a symbol of her french-ness and her collection of frogs while the quill highlights her creative side as well as her translation ability (she was a translator and ran her own successful business as such). This was done to remember my mom in a positive manner. It was freeing and the most painful tattoo I ever got (nearly passed out). Oddly enough, it reminded me of the relationship I had with my mom: meaningful but oh so frustrating. And a tribute to the person she was.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass

Last edited by Linus; 02-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

here is a tatto thread ............http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=701
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Nope.

It's against my religious beliefs.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Thanks for the link, Rain!

I wanted to start a poll out of curiosity.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
layla

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
ella ella
Relationship Status:
married

layla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond reputelayla has a reputation beyond repute

no I like to keep my olive skin just the way it is... no tattoos no piercings and stuff here...
thaw I do think tattoos look hot on some ppl... *blush* *angel*
layla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to layla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

I have two , on my left arm i have a Unicorn with Beyond Fantasy from when i came out back when I was 30. On my right i have a Native American Dreamcatcher with a Wolf head for my native background and Spirit Animal,with rainbow beads.
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

none............
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post
Nope.

It's against my religious beliefs.

I read this and thought of my dad and how red his face turned when he noticed part of a tattoo sticking out from top of my tee shirt when I was just 21. The first thing he said was, I'll never be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Stubborn me said good because I was going to be cremated.....yes, strike two with my dad. I now own 3 very old tattoos from my rebel days of defying dad.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I read this and thought of my dad and how red his face turned when he noticed part of a tattoo sticking out from top of my tee shirt when I was just 21. The first thing he said was, I'll never be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Stubborn me said good because I was going to be cremated.....yes, strike two with my dad. I now own 3 very old tattoos from my rebel days of defying dad.
My rabbi told me that there is actually no prohibition to being buried in a Jewish cemetary if you have tattoos. Cremation well yes that is a deal breaker. I do not have any tattoos though.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I have three. My first is a rose tattooed over my heart; as it was my great grandmother's favorite flower. My second is my boxer Chelsea's paw print with her name under it on my left thigh....getting ready to do my right thigh with Miranda's paw print; my boxer I lost last April. My third is a tattoo that says "Butch", on my right hip, just above the wasteline of my boxers.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I have many Jewish friends who have tattoos. I have several myself.

We are not prohibited from being buried in the Jewish cemetary.

The Torah states that it is prohibited and I think being a Jew with tattoos depends on your beliefs, i.e., are you Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist?

My Turkish Jew grandmother totally did not approve of my cousin and his tattoos (she may have spoken sternly at him in some Ladino expletives )

He is older than I and she never knew I had any...she has died...however she did not disown him or love him any less
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #13
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Yeap I have em
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #14
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Inked up !

Yep, I have tats. Love them! Mine are symbolic and represent an era , an event or are representations of my character and my interests.

I'll post my two faves in the gallery.

Love tats and am always thinking about adding. I've waited for years before committing to them. Not because I'm hesitant about the permanence of them, but because I tend to work either the design or the placement of the art I've chosen until I'm satisfied with the final decision (placement and art).

I cant say enough about consultations with the artist prior to sitting for your piece. Placement, size, color (or not) and an artists ability (is it suited for the piece you want?) all dictate a certain amount of time before the actual event !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #15
roy g biv

How Do You Identify?:
he she
Preferred Pronoun?:
he she
Relationship Status:
me

roy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputation

Not me. Thought about it 30 years ago and didn't. Glad I didn't.
roy g biv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roy g biv For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanks for partaking, people!

Seems like we have a majority of inked BFP'ers!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #17
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I have 4. 3 of which are small, homemade tatts I gave myself in h.s. The only professional tattoo I have is around my right ankle. A vine with 4 lavendar roses. I got it in college after writing an article about our local tattoo shops for the student newspaper.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

and because of that one I have been thinking long and hard as to what will be next. There will be more for sure.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

I have one tattoo that is very small and a bit too girly (even for me) and it was chosen from random art. It really doesn't hold much meaning for me either. For this reason, I'm in the midst of trying to decide if I'd like another. If so, it will most definitely be something that reflects who I am and what my soul is about. Oh yes, it will also be inked by an amazing femme artist that I know.
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #20
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

wrist ; hip ; above ankle
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: