Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,819 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
Cowspiracy 2014
What the Health 2017
Food Choices 2016
Forks Over Knives 2011
Vegucated 2011
Live and Let Live 2013
Food, Inc. 2008
Food Matters 2008
Hungry For Change 2012
Okja 2017
Blackfish 2013
Tyke Elephant Outlaw 2015
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 2010 & 2014
That`s an extensive and useful list, thanks for sharing.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,079 Times in 9,979 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
Cowspiracy 2014
What the Health 2017
Food Choices 2016
Forks Over Knives 2011
Vegucated 2011
Live and Let Live 2013
Food, Inc. 2008
Food Matters 2008
Hungry For Change 2012
Okja 2017
Blackfish 2013
Tyke Elephant Outlaw 2015
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 2010 & 2014
My favorite documentaries are Forks Over Knives, What The Health, and Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Thanks for your additional listing of food documentaries, Pearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
That`s an extensive and useful list, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for dropping by, Daisy.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today I dropped by my.primary doctor's office for my check up. I'm down five pounds, since last month, for a total loss of 17 pounds since the first week of March.

I dropped by my favorite grocery store to buy a few groceries, mostly plant based foods, all organic, and got a great price on Plant Milk, by Bolthouse Farms.

I am now a firm believer in eating an 99 percent plant based diet. I add to my dietary intake of extra protein by using Think Thin bars (one per day, for dessert after supper ), and I also sparingly use fresh salmon, albacore tuna and mackerel or smoked oysters..... very sparingly, throughout the month. Organic cage free eggs too, sparingly.

Eventually, I will replace fish with fish oil Omega 3 vitamin supplements.

I love the weight loss I've encountered by adhering to an primarily Plant Based diet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Platium Pearl! Thank you so much for this list!

Katzchen, have you also noticed an increase in energy since you went plant based?

I am wondering if anyone can suggest any vegan cookbooks? I am looking for easy to make meals that also freeze well.

Thanks

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Platium Pearl! Thank you so much for this list!

Katzchen, have you also noticed an increase in energy since you went plant based?

I am wondering if anyone can suggest any vegan cookbooks? I am looking for easy to make meals that also freeze well.

Thanks
Ohhhh, gosh, yes..... the energy I get from eating plant based diet foods is incredible! So far, I've yet to experience any food coma from eating plants. Which is a sure fire sign that your body is getting the BEST nutrition because plants scrub your body free of toxic elements. No meat based diet will ever scrub your body free of toxicity. No more coma land for me, thank heavens.

I have to ask why you're interested in freezing up your fresh foods. Is it because you are short of time to prepare your food? Or is it because you want to take your meals to work or carry with you in case of needing to eat elsewhere?

I can see why a person might want to freeze prepared meals ahead of time, but I was thinking it might not be such an kosher idea because food prep should be fresh. Plants should be fresh. Your time spent in preparing a fresh meal adds toward the time spent to sit down and enjoy a fresh meal.

I don't know though..... maybe someone in our community has experience with freezing fresh foods. I know you did not ask for my own personal take on freezing foods, but consider this:

Fresh food is by far better than consuming food that is not fresh. Also, fresh food is time worthy investment of your time well spent in creating better food behaviors and making better smart food choices. You could prepare an extra salad to take to work with you. If you make some awesome food creation that has a few left over servings, like an vegan casserole or vegan pizza or vegan soup, I could see refrigerating it for a couple of days, but the benefits of eating fresh foods outweighs the need to freeze or refrigerate.

But I think this is an worthy discussion to have because it's an examination of sorts which requires us to hold ourselves accountable to making better choices, eating fresh foods vs foods that are not freshly made, and it's good to sort out important matters to help create and foster an environment that supports smarter food and health behaviors.

I have yet to buy the vegan cookbook I featured in another post, but tomorrow is the day I plan to go by Powell's bookstore, to see if I can find a good vegan cookbook, at an good price.

Dapper, let's keep talking about time related issues as it concerns Plant Food Diet choices.

If I find a bunch of resources for you tomorrow, I'll post about them, ok?

Cheers,
Kätzchen
Old 05-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

I have to ask why you're interested in freezing up your fresh foods. Is it because you are short of time to prepare your food? Or is it because you want to take your meals to work or carry with you in case of needing to eat elsewhere?

I have yet to buy the vegan cookbook I featured in another post, but tomorrow is the day I plan to go by Powell's bookstore, to see if I can find a good vegan cookbook, at an good price.
Oh for certain fresh is better than frozen! I have a surgery scheduled for June, and I need to have prepared food, so I can just microwave it while I am recovering. I know it is not the best, but it is what it is!

I forgot you posted that book!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #7
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Oh for certain fresh is better than frozen! I have a surgery scheduled for June, and I need to have prepared food, so I can just microwave it while I am recovering. I know it is not the best, but it is what it is!

I forgot you posted that book!
oh, well that makes sense! So, I Google'd for helpful tips on how to make your own frozen Vegan.or Vegetarian meals. I will read it too because I guess time really can be of an beautiful essence.

LINK:

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-...e-life-easier/
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

This is a picture from the Walmart site (free shipping) Its a vegetable spiralizer. Instead of pasta, I use zucchini. OMG! Delicious. It makes the best oven potatoes too.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #9
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Cooked (2016) Netflix

Michael Pollan has done a lot of deep dives into our food and the culture around over the last few years. This all culminated in the landmark series that looks at what we eat, why we eat, and how we can all eat better. There is no gimmick here. No one’s trying to hawk some fad or trendy foodstuff on you. It’s just an examination of what ‘good food’ means and how to make it a bigger part of your everyday.

Give this a look see as well Miss Katz!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2018, 06:06 PM   #10
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Here is an interesting article from an Physician's medical journal which talks about the benefits of an plant based diet, constructed in Scholarly format (abstract, methods, data, and sections explaining the entire way the study was conducted).

LINK:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Default Another homemade version of Tumeric salad dressing...

Version no. 3 (Tumeric Salad Dressing)

Here's my latest attempt to make my own Tumeric salad dressing. It's pretty good! It's also protein and fiber rich.

Recipe:

1 16 ounce tub of Firm Tofu (plain).
1 bottle of Garden goddess dressing (see pic).
1 cup organic plain yogurt
1/3 bottle of Organic Mustard (see pic)
1 cup plain hummus
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
3/4 cup flax flakes
3 tablespoons of flax seeds
1/2 cup water (add extra water accordingly if it's too thick).

Put cubed tofu in blender, along with all ingredients. Blend until creamy (about 5 minutes).

It's a titch on the tart side, but if you can have honey (I can't, but this will work), put about a half cup of honey into your batch to mellow out the tang of the mustard (which is basically Tumeric and vinegar, but cheaper than Tumeric powder).

Here is a few pictures of the ingredients I used. The yield from this batch was Two -16 ounce jars, and Three -10 ounce Mason "jelly" jars. Just a little over a gallon of dressing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,589 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
My favorite documentaries are Forks Over Knives, What The Health, and Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Thanks for your additional listing of food documentaries, Pearl.

Thanks for dropping by, Daisy.
PlantPure Nation (2015)
This documentary continues where Forks Over Knives left off. Dr. T. Colin Campbell, his son Nelson and Kentucky State Representative Tom Riner join forces to spread knowledge about the scientifically backed health benefits of a whole food plant-based diet. The film is all about empowering people to make healthier, scientifically based decisions to fuel their bodies the best possible way despite corporate lobbies disseminating skepticism and trying to prevent change.
I know other movies as well and will be back to post soon!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: