Old 05-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Updating Gender/Sex markers

Hi, folks. I thought it may be useful to make a list with all how to change your gender/sex markers in one place.

1) Birth Certificates. These depend on your state, most often you have to have had SRS (top surgery for FTMs, and bottom surgery for MTFs), and have a letter from your surgeon.

http://www.lambdalegal.org/publicati...ity-to-amend#D

2) Driver's License = depends on your state. Some require only a letter from your gender therapist or your HRT provider

http://transequality.org/Resources/DL/DL_policies.html

3) Passport is a letter from ANY of your physicians (including your PCP)

http://transequality.org/Resources/passports_2012.pdf

4) Social Security Card: A letter from your physican stated that you are your confirmed gender. This physician must be a participant in your transition related care. You used to have to present proof of SRS (top surgery for trans men, bottom surgery for trans women). Now SSA is acknowleding that "transition" for FTMs/MTFs does not always include surgery. This is a recent change.

http://www.lambdalegal.org/blog/lamb...-marker-policy

I hope this is helpful. If there are updates to the above in the future, please update the thread. If I have made any error here, please let me know!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper - Thank you for moving some of the links I posted to the FTM and Transitioning Thread.

To All - I changed all my gender markers 3 years ago without any problems at all. I had top surgery 7 years ago and had phalloplasty surgery January of this year.

If anyone has any questions about sexual reassignment markers or surgery I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. I am not an expert, I am just someone who has "been there and done that".

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Cole

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Cole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST Reputation

DapperButch - Thank you for taking time to compile all of these resources - super helpful! =)
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, Rufusboi, I think it would be helpful to people if you contributed to this thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=1184 (assuming you haven't...I haven't looked through the thread in a long time)

Oopster has a list of questions on the first post and anything else you want to share would be awesome.

Who did your phalloplasty? If you are comfortable answering, which type did you get? Are you still in significant pain?

Last edited by DapperButch; 05-28-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Messed up
Old 05-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hi, folks. I thought it may be useful to make a list with all how to change your gender/sex markers in one place.

1) Birth Certificates. These depend on your state, most often you have to have had SRS (top surgery for FTMs, and bottom surgery for MTFs), and have a letter from your surgeon.

http://www.lambdalegal.org/publicati...ity-to-amend#D

2) Driver's License = depends on your state. Some require only a letter from your gender therapist or your HRT provider

http://transequality.org/Resources/DL/DL_policies.html

3) Passport is a letter from ANY of your physicians (including your PCP)

http://transequality.org/Resources/passports_2012.pdf

4) Social Security Card: A letter from your physican stated that you are your confirmed gender. This physician must be a participant in your transition related care. You used to have to present proof of SRS (top surgery for trans men, bottom surgery for trans women). Now SSA is acknowleding that "transition" for FTMs/MTFs does not always include surgery. This is a recent change.

http://www.lambdalegal.org/blog/lamb...-marker-policy

I hope this is helpful. If there are updates to the above in the future, please update the thread. If I have made any error here, please let me know!
I made an error in the above quote part. The definition of SRS is not always top surgery for trans men and bottom surgery for trans women. It depends on the State. Sometimes it is not defined at all and it is up to the judge's discretion. Just wanted to clarify.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #6
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, Rufusboi, I think it would be helpful to people if you contributed to this thread: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=1184 (assuming you haven't...I haven't looked through the thread in a long time)

Oopster has a list of questions on the first post and anything else you want to share would be awesome.

Who did your phalloplasty? If you are comfortable answering, which type did you get? Are you still in significant pain?

Dapper - I had Radial Forearm Phalloplasty performed by Dr. Crane in San Francisco.

I will be returning to San Francisco in July for my revisions.

My phallus looks great and natural looking. Dr. Crane did his fellowship in Belgium under some of the greatest phalloplasty doctors in the world. I would highly recommend him to anyone thinking of having bottom surgery. His staff are also great people.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Dapper - I had Radial Forearm Phalloplasty performed by Dr. Crane in San Francisco.

I will be returning to San Francisco in July for my revisions.

My phallus looks great and natural looking. Dr. Crane did his fellowship in Belgium under some of the greatest phalloplasty doctors in the world. I would highly recommend him to anyone thinking of having bottom surgery. His staff are also great people.

Rufus
That's great, Rufus. Although I doubt I would ever get bottom surgery, I would go to Crane. How can you beat a pediatric urologist, not to mention all the excellent training he has had? I have never talked to anyone who has used him before, so it is good to hear your endorsement.

Good for you in getting it done. I know the healing is a very long process and the person is uncomfortable for a long time. I assume since you got it done in January though, you are through most of the discomfort.

They say that the radical forearm is the most painful, but has the best sensitivity. Congrats!