Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

View Poll Results: I am a _____ and I prefer the term ______
Femme and I prefer the term cissexed 11 16.67%
Femme and I prefer the terms XY Male / XX Female 2 3.03%
Femme and I prefer the terms Bio Male/ Bio Female 20 30.30%
Female Identified Butch and I prefer the term cissexed 2 3.03%
Female Identified Butch and I prefer the terms XY Male/XX Female 1 1.52%
Female Identified Butch and I prefer the terms Bio Male/Bio Female 5 7.58%
Transgendered Butch (neither male nor female) and I prefer the term cissexed 2 3.03%
Transgendered Butch (neither male nor female) and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 3 4.55%
Transgendered Butch (neither male nor female) and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 5 7.58%
Male Identified Butch and I prefer the term transsexed 0 0%
Male Identified Butch and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 0 0%
Male Identified Butch and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 2 3.03%
Transsexed person ON hormones and prefer the term cissexed 1 1.52%
Transsexed person ON hormones and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 3 4.55%
Transsexed person ON hormones and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 5 7.58%
Transsexed person NOT on hormones and I prefer the term cissexed 1 1.52%
Transsexed person NOT on hormones and I prefer the terms XY Male and XX Female 0 0%
Transsexed person NOT on hormone and I prefer the terms Bio Male and Bio Female 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am... and I prefer the term...

POLL ATTACHED (but it takes a minute to put up, so hang on!). PLEASE look at ALL choices before choosing. You can only choose one...and there is no "do-overs!"

There has been talk here and there about the term cissexed (and the term cisgendered, but since I am referring to one's sex, I am going to use the term cissexed, exclusively), and if people like the term or don't like the term to refer to themselves or to refer to people who are the opposite of them.

I am wondering if how we identify impacts what term we like to use when referring to people who are born with XY chromosomes ("males") and XX chromosomes ("females") who feel that they were born in the right body.

So, I am curious and thought I would put up a poll garnering information on the preferences we all have and would like to have an open discussion (going in any and all directions) about the term and our feelings about the use of the term.

Disclaimer(s):

I have separated out transsexed people taking hormones (testosterone, estrogen) from transsexed people not taking hormones because I think it is possible that these two groups could differ in their preference of term, and I would like that reflected in the poll.

I am not going to go into my thinking on that because it could get us off track from what I am hoping this thread becomes about.

I hope people know me well enough to know that I do not regard the non hormone taking transsexed male/female as any less male/female than the hormone taking transsexed male/female.

I am aware that this poll does not include folks who don't identify as butch, femme, or transsexed, but I would be here forever coming up with options. Just pick the closest one in order to participate. One of the terms must resonate with you or you wouldn't be on the site to begin with.

-------------
Personally, as a Transgendered Butch, I have no strong feelings about the term cissexed, but tend to prefer the terms XY male and XX female.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?

Last edited by Linus; 05-21-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Editing as requested.
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,120 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question So confusing can't we all just hang out?

I'm Snow. Femme-Dyke-Woman?
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
I'm Snow. Femme-Dyke-Woman?
I would choose femme then. See below.

P.S. I really did the best I could. Please no one dissect/pick apart the poll. Just choose to not participate if you are unhappy with it. :-(

Thank you! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I am aware that this poll does not include folks who don't identify as butch, femme, or transsexed, but I would be here forever coming up with options. Just pick the closest one in order to participate. One of the terms must resonate with you or you wouldn't be on the site to begin with.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

WOW. lots of terms. Can you please explain the terms "cissexed" and "transsexed" I would appreciate it. Thank you!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder_0187 View Post
WOW. lots of terms. Can you please explain the terms "cissexed" and "transsexed" I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Good question.

Sex - male, female, intersexed, other terms (?)

Transsexed - another term to mean transsexual. Someone who defines/identifies as the opposite sex of their birth sex

Cissexed - another term to mean cissexual. Someone who defines/identifies with their birth sex.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Hey, Snow!

Hey, Snow. I just saw the title to your post.

Of course everyone can participate in the discussion. I was referring to the poll options in my first response to you.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I am transgender consider hormones and I prefer the term transsexed.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

wiki does a pretty good job

cis-gendered: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

cis-sexual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cissexual , (from urban dictionary) http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=cissexual

and this from Pam's House Blend: http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/...goalong-moment

I am not fond of the term cis anything. Don't no why it gets under my skin, but it does.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
wiki does a pretty good job

cis-gendered: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

cis-sexual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cissexual , (from urban dictionary) http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=cissexual

and this from Pam's House Blend: http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/...goalong-moment

I am not found of the term cis anything. Don't no why it gets under my skin, but it does.
Thanks for the links, Toughy.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

I think I agree with you Toughy. Why would a trans person like the word cis?? To me Trans means opposite sex why would someone choose that they relate with their sex? hmmm..
Old 05-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

May I am confused... (not picking apart)

But you define: Cissexed - another term to mean cissexual. Someone who defines/identifies with their birth sex.

But then you have Femme/Bio Male - Bio Female

What would the difference be - in the femme category.

If I was born a bio female and I am femme... And I identify with my Bio Birth Sex - then which one am I?

And I am honestly not picking apart.

I had a great conversation with a friend yesterday... About misconceptions of b/f (sexism, etc... what gets us off and not).

I am a Lesbian
I am a Femme
I am a Dyke
I am a Woman

(not in any order - depends on my moment).

BUT - within the confines of your poll, I do not know how to answer.

Femme / Bio Male - Bio Female
Femme / Cissexed
Femme / XX or XY (abhor genetic terms)

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
May I am confused... (not picking apart)

But you define: Cissexed - another term to mean cissexual. Someone who defines/identifies with their birth sex.

But then you have Femme/Bio Male - Bio Female

What would the difference be - in the femme category.

If I was born a bio female and I am femme... And I identify with my Bio Birth Sex - then which one am I?

And I am honestly not picking apart.

I had a great conversation with a friend yesterday... About misconceptions of b/f (sexism, etc... what gets us off and not).

I am a Lesbian
I am a Femme
I am a Dyke
I am a Woman

(not in any order - depends on my moment).

BUT - within the confines of your poll, I do not know how to answer.

Femme / Bio Male - Bio Female
Femme / Cissexed
Femme / XX or XY (abhor genetic terms)

Julie
I'm sorry Julie. I should been clearer. The first spot is indicating how you identify, the next one is the term that you prefer when referring to a person who is not transsexual/transsexed.

I will see if I can fix the poll. Thank you.

Side note: Like you and Snow, I identify with more than just the above poll options.

ETA: I am unable to adjust the poll.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up

However,

Cissexual is an adjective used in the context of gender issues to describe "people who are not transsexual and who have only ever experienced their mental and physical sexes as being aligned".[1] Nikki Sullivan and Samantha Murray characterized the term as "a way of drawing attention to the unmarked norm, against which trans* is identified, in which a person feels that their gender identity matches their body/sex".[2] Wikipedia

So I guess a transgender person may identify with cissexual in the sense that after surgery and hormones they identify with the body and identity they are now?

This really is quite interesting how people relate. . although some of it is confusing to me. BUT, I appreciate the thread and I always learn something new in the b-f community! When people explain how they identify then I understand them more. I respect everyone's identity and how they feel about themselves. Everyone has their reasons why.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a bit confused too about the difference between transgendered and transexed and why there's no transgendered on/not on hormones option.

How exactly do you differentiate between transexed and transgendered and why no hormone option for the latter?

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I'm a bit confused too about the difference between transgendered and transexed and why there's no transgendered on/not on hormones option.

How exactly do you differentiate between transexed and transgendered and why no hormone option for the latter?

Words
LOL. Man, I wish I could delete this thread now! (or just been more clear, I guess). Sorry, folks!

I know that the term transgendered is used as an umbrella term, a term in place of transsexual, and a term to describe someone in the "middle". I am using it to describe someone who does not regard themselves as male or female.

Yes, the part of the word that has gender in it does not really fit then, but I don't know what else to use (I have written a thread on this topic on more than one site). I did not use the term third gendered butch b/c gender is man, woman, butch, femme, etc., to me and I was talking about someone between the sexes (male, female).

Good point about the transgendered butch who uses hormones. I myself have considered them, but do not identify as transsexed.

I am using the term transsexed b/c I was under the impression that the trans community was beginning to prefer that term over transSEXUAL.

It was really hard to come up with ways to describe everyone. Unfortunately, I am not able to add/change.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

So what if you're gender fluid???

I'm really curious not being a jerky jerk!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
So what if you're gender fluid???

I'm really curious not being a jerky jerk!
Could you define that term for me in the confines of this topic (I want to make sure that i understand what you are asking?) ?

Old 05-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

If people are finding the poll confusing, certainly it is not necessary to use.

The main purpose for me was to talk about what folks thought of the term cissexual/cissexed/cisgendered.

I hear some are ok with it and some hate it.

How about we discuss that?

(The reason I put up the poll was that I was curious to see if our identities mattered in our opinions on it. WAY less important)

Old 05-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Payback's a Bitch.

*Looking over at the What do you like on your sandwich Poll*

Smirking,

June
It really, really fucking is!

Never again!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Could you define that term for me in the confines of this topic (I want to make sure that i understand what you are asking?) ?

Gender overlap.

Both male and female.

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:

Tags
bio male, cisgendered, cissexed, transsexed, xy male