Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #15
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning.

It is like coming out to post in here for me!

I have always been touchy about my age. It really seemed to matter more to me when I was younger and until I found my love.

We are both in our early 60's.

DJ4321, I found her on a Match.com. I dated quite a bit over a 3- month period of time on another dating site and then I joined Match.

I should say: she found me; 10-days after I joined.

It was just a luck of the draw, the universe smiling, karma-however you can look at it; I feel very fortunate.

I did put myself out there. I had some great dates before I met her and some not-so-great. All of them were an adventure. I learned about them. I learned about myself

Never give up on the desire to find love and companionship! I am so glad that I did not. We have been together, soon to be 19-months in June.

It is funny that now it seems like a long-time together but my ex and I were 19-years together and my GF and her ex were together for 21 years.

New beginnings.

After 10 years at her job and a total of 30 in her field, my love was laid off. It has been a big psychological blow to her. I did some research, which I kept to myself, and statistically, it is a small number of people that ever find a job at the same level or even close to the same money they made before they were laid off. She struggles with wanting to retire vs. feeling that financially and emotionally, she should keep looking for a job.

She is a very logical person and I am very much a "feelings" person. Together, we are a good match. I know she will come to terms with the lay-off and will figure out where she wants to go from here. I figure she will be playing golf 3 days a week, instead of two when she decides to fully retire and enjoy it. That's my guess.

Then, when I can retire, before all of our knees give out completely; maybe we can travel and do some of those things older people do in our "sunset years". <<<<<< that phrase always used to crack me up.

Greco, I am so joyful at the thought of you having new adventures! Please tell us more about those new adventures!

Jo! It is not selfish at all to want to get to sleep in your own bed every night! You do a tremendous amount of travel. I often wonder how you do it! Hope your knee is doing well, too.

All the best to you and to all of the other "over 60's" that are living life in the very best way that we can.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: