Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 11-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Thanks for the details. Personally, I think it was a scare tactic used by someone off kilter.
Andrew,

You are right on track with this statement. Any practicing Wiccan (if that's how they consider themselves) knows that one never sends out to others, what they do not want to reap themselves, because of the Rule of Three. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_Three_(Wiccan)

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTigress For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #22
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{{Mitmo}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Oh my heart aches for you! What a difficult thing for you and your Diego both! We'll keep him in our thoughts, darlin.

White Tigress, hello and thank you for joining us! I enjoyed your post. Honestly, I find that people who follow the Native American ways do tend to be understanding of the work a healer does.

Tis late and I need to go offline. Good night to everyone!! Blessings for peace, healing, and harmony on us all.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #23
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Hey y'all. Wiccan here.

I'm going to go against the flow and say that casting a hex or a curse does not invalidate your realness any more than leading a life of complete and utter spiritual fluff does. (NOTE: I do not think bit was invalidating me! I need to clarify that. This is a thought I've heard expressed before in a less ... kind manner. But bit is correct...witches do not go around randomly throwing curses. That's a Christian myth used to scare people.)

I have cast curses as well as hexes and also bindings. There is a difference. I would do it again in heartbeat if the situation were the same.

Several people here have pointed out that it comes back on the caster. It does but not always in the same way. In fact, rarely in the same way.

The Law of Threefold (Lo3) (not Three, but Threefold--that's important) is one of the few fundamentals of Wiccan spirituality. When I teach this part of Wicca, I have my students take a piece of paper and fold it three times. Then I ask them to count the layers.

That is the amount of return you can expect. For good and bad alike.

Drop a rock in to a bucket and count the ripples. When you stir up something, that is what happens.

I have stirred my share of ripples up. I also teach my students that we are not Lords of Karma. We are not the judges of our fellow man. To pass judgment on another is to see what we often dislike in our own mirrors.

I'm glad to be here. My views on my religion (Wicca) are my own. I do not expect to change anyone's mind but I do hope for intelligent discourse and fun camaraderie.

Last edited by Arwen; 11-11-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Clarify, clarify, clarify
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #24
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Thank you all for teaching me about your beliefs. I am learning a lot here.

I do not understand Karma in all honesty. I thought Karma was something bad, but it is not. It can be good. Am I right in that? So what is paying back a debt in Karma? Isn't that = to throwing a stone and watching the water ripple?
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #25
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{Arwen}}}}}}}}}}}} I've done my share of bindings as well, but only when someone needed some serious protection.

Thank you for the edit on your post; when I first read it, I did think that you felt invalidated and quite honestly, I could see where my post might very well come across as invalidating! I truly did not mean to do so.
~~~~~~~~

Andrew, most people in this country misunderstand Karma and I am not sure I grasp the concept well enough to explain the way Eastern peoples (Buddhists, Hindus, etc) use it... BUT... I can tell you how we are commonly using it in the US. Here in this country, when most people say "Karma," they mean "consequences." And it is very true that consequences can be either negative or positive, just as the original actions were.

I think ripples in a pond would be a good analogy, especially since once the ripples reach the edge, they start back in the other direction and pretty soon there are ripples going out from the center AND ripples coming back INTO the center, crossing each other and affecting each other. That pretty much is how our actions affect our lives, I think, and that would be why it's so important to be sure that what we send out is positive, so that what comes back is positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #26
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hail and Hello

Poppin' in for a minute... <waves hello>

I am looking forward to participating in the conversations. I practice shamanism and have for almost two decades. I believe that everything is alive and all things have a place in the world. I experience the worlds as all connected. I believe we live in a multiverse and not a universe. I think all people should be free to practice whatever they want, free from discrimination, judgment and oh yeah the biggie... no threat of death. I feel incredibly fortunate to live in a place that allows me the freedom to be who I am.

Must get back to work before the pile of paper on my desk becomes a landslide...
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #27
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

{{{{{{{{{{{foxy}}}}}}}}}}}}} Wooohoooo!! You're here!! *rubs hands together gleefully* I fully intend to talk your ear off... um, so to speak. Today I have other obligations but I'll be back!
Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #28
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful girl

Gryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Poppin' in for a minute... <waves hello>

I am looking forward to participating in the conversations. I practice shamanism and have for almost two decades. I believe that everything is alive and all things have a place in the world. I experience the worlds as all connected. I believe we live in a multiverse and not a universe. I think all people should be free to practice whatever they want, free from discrimination, judgment and oh yeah the biggie... no threat of death. I feel incredibly fortunate to live in a place that allows me the freedom to be who I am.

Must get back to work before the pile of paper on my desk becomes a landslide...

Nice to see you here!

"The three things that bring the most balance into my life, Will, Intent and Purpose. With out these there is no honor." - Storm Cloud Woman
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #29
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

*jumps up and down and does a very exuberant happy dance*

I found it, I found it. I knew Bit couldn't be here and there NOT be a pagan thread. Me so happy. Thank you, thank you Bit.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #30
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Gryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST Reputation

So, in another spot I was starting to talk about using a pendulum. Her name is Gladys and she is Peacock Ore for the holding stone and Citrine for the pointer. I have had a couple others over the years and they work really well for me. Better in most cases then using cards.

I use a protective devise called Mirror box and that works really well. In cases of real need I will ask my Ancestors if I can push a person's karma, but its only in a major case of some one doing serious harm to several people.

"The three things that bring the most balance into my life, Will, Intent and Purpose. With out these there is no honor." - Storm Cloud Woman
The Following User Says Thank You to Gryph For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #31
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am neither Pagan nor Wiccan, but follow my own way, taking pieces from both as well as other religions and ways I've come across. I find more understanding and tolerance in the Pagan and Wiccan communities and so I always tend to gravitate to folks who have some connection to either, if not both. I love the dialogue that is going on here.

For myself, Karma is as real as I am. I'm one of those people that when I do something that I know is 'below me' or just not right, I feel the repercussions very quickly. I've been known to joke that Karma not only has my address, but has me locked in on GPS no matter how fast I go.

I've learned to look within a bit more and not wish negative of another and to be more in general and it's helped with my perceived Karmic backlash.

Doing a little bit more instead of reacting has helped too.

The consequences to negatives actions/thoughts/etc seems to come to me far swifter than positive actions/thoughts/etc. Maybe that is just my perception or maybe I am just not able to see the teeny tiny ripples that come back to me some days. I'd like to think of it that way, instead of thinking that I'm only on Karma's 'naughty list'.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #32
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I am neither Pagan nor Wiccan, but follow my own way, taking pieces from both as well as other religions and ways I've come across. I find more understanding and tolerance in the Pagan and Wiccan communities and so I always tend to gravitate to folks who have some connection to either, if not both. I love the dialogue that is going on here.

For myself, Karma is as real as I am. I'm one of those people that when I do something that I know is 'below me' or just not right, I feel the repercussions very quickly. I've been known to joke that Karma not only has my address, but has me locked in on GPS no matter how fast I go.

I've learned to look within a bit more and not wish negative of another and to be more in general and it's helped with my perceived Karmic backlash.

Doing a little bit more instead of reacting has helped too.

The consequences to negatives actions/thoughts/etc seems to come to me far swifter than positive actions/thoughts/etc. Maybe that is just my perception or maybe I am just not able to see the teeny tiny ripples that come back to me some days. I'd like to think of it that way, instead of thinking that I'm only on Karma's 'naughty list'.
I think that often we tie as many labels to spirituality as we do to sexual orientation and gender and so many other things. This shouldn't be necessary. Your spirituality, your belief, does not have to or need to follow anyone elses. Even within more organized religions you will find a variety of individual thoughts and beliefs.

I would not call myself Pagan, or Wiccan, or even Druid (though this is strongly tied into it). My beliefs have been gleaned from all of these, as well as Native American, Buddhist, and so many others. I am spiritual, committed, and I believe very strongly, but my belief is my own.

As far as karma is concerned. It is often easier to see the negative responses to our actions then the positive. It is so easy to take the good things for granted. A thank you, a smile, or simply a day where nothing goes wrong can be that karmic return. Never the less, it is always good to keep karma in mind. I have seen the results of such things in my own life. Karma has always made its presence very known to me, it reminds me often to keep on track and do what I know is right.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #33
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

My beloved Diego passed away on friday and he was truly loved beyond belief..
he had restrictive cardiac myeopathy and had a heart attack on the way to the vet...
the night before him and i were alone together and i whispered to him that it was ok to go and i loved him so much...to not hang on for me...and the next day i think he chose to pass..

thank you for all of your help and i believe he will always be with me just like all of my other furbabies that have passed, he is in a better place
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #34
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Mitmo,
Sorry to hear about Diego. Yep, he will always be with you in some form or another. Since I believe in reincarnation, I do suspect he will give you grieving time and then find another body to come back and be with you physically. Cath agrees with me on that.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #35
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in reincarnation as well and i know we will meet again and be together, he was such a special soul
ty both for your thoughts and works
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #36
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post

Nice to see you here!
Thanks Gryph. I look forward to hanging out and chattin' away!
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #37
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
My beloved Diego passed away on friday and he was truly loved beyond belief..
he had restrictive cardiac myeopathy and had a heart attack on the way to the vet...
the night before him and i were alone together and i whispered to him that it was ok to go and i loved him so much...to not hang on for me...and the next day i think he chose to pass..

thank you for all of your help and i believe he will always be with me just like all of my other furbabies that have passed, he is in a better place
I am so sorry for your loss - I work at a Veterinary hospital and I have seen patients deal with Diego's condition, and it is so unfair. But you loved him and made him happy while he was here and he was lucky to have you! Peace to you...
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #38
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Mitmo01,

I am very sorry for your loss.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #39
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mitmo}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Diego's watching over you, love. He'll be back--he's one of the souls you travel with. You've had him in your life before, you'll have him again. I know the pain of losing him is not an easy thing to bear, but remember, all you lost was his temporary body. He'll guard you and guide you until it's time for him to put on another body, and then he'll come play and live and love with you again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, {{{{{{{{{{{{{Mike and Jenn and Gemme}}}}}}}}}}}}} Welcome, welcome! So very wonderful to see you all here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am all bouncy and happydancing today---guess what??!!!! After FIFTEEN years, Gypsy has released another CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wlpssp.com/retaildetailpa..._nation_cd.htm

I am SO EXCITED!! Been looking for this music since the day after I bought her first tape, lo these many years ago! And here she's finally given me what I was searching for all that time ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #40
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Hello, everyone. I've come to ask for energy and/or prayers for friends... the two-legged (I'll call her Raven) is in deep grief; her familiar, a 14 year-old tuxedo cat named Megosh, is in renal failure. Megosh is in immense pain and is close to death; her kidneys have shut down now. She's ready to go and just wants this one last weekend with Raven. Then she'll be ready to let go and see her beloved brothers and sisters on the Other Side.

If you have anything to send for pain relief, it would be such a blessing. We're trying to keep it down below a dull roar, but it's intractable and you know how it is for cats, there just aren't any pain meds, especially as the body shuts down.

Thank you so very much.