Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #81
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,449 Times in 369 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default I already have my mix DONE. Well. This week's mix, at least *s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
What? You're gonna do this in Your spare time?

And nothing was said about sending money to whoever is gonna wrangle this thing. My suggestion ~ to keep costs down ~ would be to send the CD in a cardboard or lightweight plastic sleeve to make the package lighter in weight. And my other suggestion, since there are so many of us would be to send $8 each to help with postage....and if You can swing $10, even better.

So....now my questions are:

1. Medusa, are You sure You wanna do this?
2. When's the deadline?

I can't wait!

Orrrrrrr another option for what can be done is that each CD is put in a pre-stamped/paid for envelope that is ready to go and sealed, before it's put in the box sent to Medusa?

And, that way people who like to add in extras (I was thinking specifically glitter or whatever) with their music don't have to worry about it falling out during repackaging? And then all Medusa would then have to do is stick an address on it.

They also have paper sleeves! They're recyclable, y'all!

Last edited by Selenay; 07-10-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #82
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

That's a great idea, Seley! I didn't know there were paper sleeves! Even better!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #83
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
That's a great idea, Seley! I didn't know there were paper sleeves! Even better!

There ARE!

And they're [ame="http://www.amazon.com/100-Paper-Sleeves-Window-Flap/dp/B0019X20R8"] super cheap[/ame].
Old 07-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #84
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post

There ARE!

And they're super cheap.
Thanks!
Ordered!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #85
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Ok Folks - Swap Groups are done! All of the groups have 5 members, except for Groups 1 and 4. This means everyone will need to make 4 CDs to be mailed out to group members. If you are in Group 1 or 4, please make 5 CDs to mail out to members.

Swap groups are as follows:

Group 1:
Pinkielee
SpiritDancer
WaxnRope
CyberSuebee
Selenay
apretty

Group 2:
Leatherfaery
Daywalker
Diva
Dixielady
LittleShug

Group 3:
Apocalipstic
UofMFan
Lillie
The_Lady_Snow
Mitmo01

Group 4:
Sassyleo
EzeeTiger
Freckle_K
Medusa
Scorp
tonaderspeisung

Please let me know if there are any questions. All CDs can be mailed to the address for the site which can be found in my profile under "About Me"
( I put it there to avoid millions of PMs and also the bots can't search my profile)

Make your CDs fun! Remember you do not have to do a fancy cover but people very much appreciate a song list, not just a blank CD with no explanation.

Please have your CDs (enough for everyone in your group) mailed to me no later than August 2. That gives us about 3 weeks to get our mixes made and mailed out! If for some reason you cannot complete this challenge, please let us know. There is nothing worse than waiting for a CD that never comes!

Last edited by Medusa; 07-10-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #86
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Thanks, 'Dusa!!! OMG! I was beginning to get overwhelmed, thinkin' I had to made a CD for everyone! Yea! This is so do~able!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #87
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

NP, Diva!! Im so totally make some extras so I can bombard Selly and you and a few others with my weirdness
Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #88
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

I'm gonna do a few others in case someone flakes out and doesn't make a CD so everyone gets what they're supposed to... And if everyone gets the right number, Medusa can pick a random name out of a hat or something and send it to the "lucky" winner
Old 07-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #89
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
NP, Diva!! Im so totally make some extras so I can bombard Selly and you and a few others with my weirdness
Yea, ME! I have extras, too!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #90
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ok Folks - Swap Groups are done! All of the groups have 5 members, except for Group 4. This means everyone will need to make 4 CDs to be mailed out to group members. If you are in Group 4, please make 5 CDs to mail out to members.

Swap groups are as follows:

Group 1:
Pinkielee
SpiritDancer
WaxnRope
CyberSuebee
Selenay

Group 2:
Leatherfaery
Daywalker
Diva
Dixielady
LittleShug

Group 3:
Apocalipstic
UofMFan
Lillie
The_Lady_Snow
Mitmo01

Group 4:
Sassyleo
EzeeTiger
Freckle_K
Medusa
Scorp
tonaderspeisung

Please let me know if there are any questions. All CDs can be mailed to the address for the site which can be found in my profile under "About Me"
( I put it there to avoid millions of PMs and also the bots can't search my profile)

Make your CDs fun! Remember you do not have to do a fancy cover but people very much appreciate a song list, not just a blank CD with no explanation.

Please have your CDs (enough for everyone in your group) mailed to me no later than August 2. That gives us about 3 weeks to get our mixes made and mailed out! If for some reason you cannot complete this challenge, please let us know. There is nothing worse than waiting for a CD that never comes!
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what kind of music am I supposed to give these peeps?! I thought we would have some kinda guideline about what they want or like. I like all sorts of weird stuff. What if they hate my cd?

Panicking.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #91
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what kind of music am I supposed to give these peeps?! I thought we would have some kinda guideline about what they want or like. I like all sorts of weird stuff. What if they hate my cd?

Panicking.
Silly!! This is a way to introduce each other to songs or artists that we think are cool! So pick some shit you like and make a mix!

I always have that panicky feeling too when I send out my music, like "what if they think Im a big giant dweeb for liking Tokyo Hotel?!!!!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #92
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post

Panicking.

I think You ought not to worry.....the way I look at it, this is a great way to expose Your group to something they may never have heard before! A <gasp> learning experience, if You will...... (Spoken like a true public school music educator!)

And I'm sure we're all open~minded enough to accept Your contribution and value it!

And there You have it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #93
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Suddenly I feel panicked! I won't be able to start for a week, but I'll try my best to respect the deadline.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #94
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

This is gonna be very interesting....I have wide open musical tastes so i cant wait to hear what im gonna get...
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #95
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Thought I'd share with you some additional background on the CDX.

I don't know where the Swap or CD Exchange actually began but I started participating in one around 2001 or so. It was awesome to come home from a long day of work and pop in a CD from a total stranger and find something new and interesting. I still have one of those original discs somewhere. More importantly, I still listen to a lot of that music today. Here are a few of the FAQs and Guidelines I'd put together previously. Hope they help answer some of your questions and alleviate some of your fears.

FAQs/Guidelines:

Is this legal?

This is in no way intended to run afoul of the RIAA. We are not file sharing or anything of the sort. Think of this as a modern day "Mix Tape" for friends. and arguably falls under fair use provisions.

What if I hate the mix somebody made?
Turn it off. Seriously. Not everyone has the same tastes in music and what sounds great to you may sound like racoons mating to someone else. There is really no reason to mock somebody because you disagree with their musical sensibilities. Be respectful, play nice and don’t poke out any eyes.

How should I send my mixes?
Within the US, Media Mail is probably your best, cheapest option. Internationally, you should speak to your local post office to get an idea on the best solution.

How should I package my mixes for post?
Please pack them carefully. Few things are more disappointing than receiving a broken gift. A bubble envelope is ideal. Most parcel or drug stores will offer envelopes specifically designed for CDs.

I’ve never made a mix before. What do I do?
There are no real rules to making mixes, but if you feel the need for guidelines, you might try reading some postings at a site like Art of the Mix. I recommend reading their suggestions and then flushing them from your brain. Just make something you would want to listen to.

Okay, but how do I actually make the CD?
As far as technical requirements, you will need a computer with a CD Burner and burning software such as Toast, iTunes or Easy CD Creator. This isn't really the space for learning how to burn CDs so if you need help, Google is your friend.

What kind of music should I use?
The goal of this project is for you to share interesting music with random people. Ideally you should veer away from music so popular that it is likely to be familiar to most people. But again, these are not rules, they are guidelines, so nobody will stop you for sending out the usual suspects (McLachlan, Amos, Indigo Girls, etc.) should you so desire. And even if your tastes are quite mainstream you can still surprise people with obscure tracks from popular artists.

Some of the most successful mixes have a theme, be it stylistic, topical or esoteric. It is a useful crutch upon which to lay the foundation of a successful project. It should probably not be too specific though so you don't get locked into a theme where there are too few songs to choose from.

It's also helpful to include a track list with artist information. If you're feeling creative you can go all out and create cover too. Be as expressive as you'd like.

What format should the CD be?

Your mix should be a normal CD, playable in any CD player.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #96
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

my first trade was way back - 1989
one person actually sent my mixtape back with a 3 page letter
front, back, college ruled and in blue and black ink
all about their hatred of a bullet lavolta song i included in the mix

to tell the truth - that made my last 2 decades
but i'm weird like that

that trade also landed me what would become one of my all time favorite albums

so like the cheerleaders say - bring it

thanks for organizing this swap Medusa
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #97
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Attention Group 1: I added another person to your group! This means you get an extra CD and now need to make 5 instead of 4!

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #98
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Attention Group 1: I added another person to your group! This means you get an extra CD and now need to make 5 instead of 4!

Thanks!

Will our mystery guest please sign in?

I wanna know who you are!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #99
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Yay I'm so excited! I'm gonna get started right away....

My laptop has a special "label burner" built in...but for the life of me I can NOT figure out how to work it! LOL I guess I'll dig the old CD labeler outta the drawer and make my own design. Yay!

Oh my...now I'm nervous too that folks won't like the kinda music I listen to! Oh well...I guess we'll see! I'm also glad to see that Day is in my group, because a lot of my music is mashup versions of different bands/songs...LOL
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #100
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Oh No, I have totally missed out. Is there a way I can still be included. Life got in the way and I have not see this thread for a while.