Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 08-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #101
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

mopsie,
It could also be that the file is too large, you may need to resize it and make it smaller. Look up picresizer on the interweb an see if you can use that to resize your pic and download it to your phone that way then upload to gallery.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #102
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two (hopefully) quick questions...

1) Is there some sort of setting in my Private Message folder where I can see the messages I've sent? From what I can tell, my sent messages get deleted automatically. Sometimes my messages don't go through (I'm using a phone and ipad) and I'd like to see when they don't so I can resend.

2) ... I can't remember what I needed to ask. Can y'all help me with that, too? LOL!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #103
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

If you tick the box 'save a copy of sent messages in my Sent items folder by default' option in EDIT OPTIONS of your user control panel you can go in there and check that the message was sent.

Can't offer anything for question no.2

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #104
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
2) ... I can't remember what I needed to ask. Can y'all help me with that, too? LOL!

I bet it was Reunion related!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #105
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I bet it was Reunion related!
I'm not sure anymore. See what happens when I Multi-task at work where I'm already Multi-tasking?

O_o

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #106
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default trouble posting pics....grrrrrr

OK, when I try and post a picture I get the link only that posts.

I go to FB, and copy in the addy window of the pic I want,
then open the pic icon and delete the https: stuff there,
paste my copy of the web addy
then post,
and what comes up every freaking time is the link and not the pic.

What am I doing wrong? UGH! I don't do this often enough to remember from time to time, so I WILL copy and make a word document just to be able to look it up when needed.

here is an example of what happens....

Last edited by not2shygrrl; 09-20-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: link didn't even show up the first time...
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #107
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

well..........now the link won't even show up......whasssupwithdat??!
The Following User Says Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #108
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shygrrl View Post
OK, when I try and post a picture I get the link only that posts.

I go to FB, and copy in the addy window of the pic I want,
then open the pic icon and delete the https: stuff there,
paste my copy of the web addy
then post,
and what comes up every freaking time is the link and not the pic.

What am I doing wrong? UGH! I don't do this often enough to remember from time to time, so I WILL copy and make a word document just to be able to look it up when needed.

here is an example of what happens....

To post a pic here, you need the url of the pic itself, not the link of the page the pic is on.

So when you go to that link on FB, right click the pic and choose "copy image url" - or something similar, based on what browser, etc. you are using.

For your pic, it looks like this: https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...98223762_n.jpg

See that .jpg at the end? You should always see that.

Then come back here, open your post, choose the little yellow pic icon, insert that image url (making sure you only have 1 http://) and that's that.

So your pic will show up like this:

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #109
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Also, I thought I'd post a link to a post earlier in the thread where I give instructions on how to post pics - complete with pictures. lol

Now you can book mark it and come back to it when you need to.

---> LINK <---
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #110
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:

[QUOTE=Parker;846521][B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Also, I thought I'd post a link to a post earlier in the thread where I give instructions on how to post pics - complete with pictures. lol

Now you can book mark it and come back to it when you need to.

Wow!!! muahhh muahhh muaaaahhh! That was exactly the example pic I was trying to use! How didja get it??!! I totally get it now, using the pic itself for the address, kinda makes sense even to a non geek like myself! Also, on post #3 here it states to use the web address box to copy and then paste. So I was working with incorrect info! Thank you so much for taking the time Parker!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #111
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Phishing!

I got an email the other day that had the Apple logo and purported to be from iTunes.

The return email address was iTunes Connect.

It looked very official and stated I needed to update my iTunes account.

It asked for confirmation of email address, my credit card number, the security code and then the massive red flag:

My social security number!

I knew it had to be phishing.

I reported it to Apple without responding to the email. Apple /iTunes said they will never ask for credit card number in an email and absolutely never will ask for your social.

Just an FYI reminder about phishing emails.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #112
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I got an email the other day that had the Apple logo and purported to be from iTunes.

The return email address was iTunes Connect.

It looked very official and stated I needed to update my iTunes account.

It asked for confirmation of email address, my credit card number, the security code and then the massive red flag:

My social security number!

I knew it had to be phishing.

I reported it to Apple without responding to the email. Apple /iTunes said they will never ask for credit card number in an email and absolutely never will ask for your social.

Just an FYI reminder about phishing emails.

Yeah, I saw something about this on a hoax page I follow on FB and I was totally going to say that the instant they asked for a credit card number, it had to be phishing - add that onto them asking for SSN and no way is that for real.

A good rule of thumb online is that no company will ever ask for your password, credit card number, or SSN via email. Any email that asks for any of those things is phishing for your personal info so they can steal your identity &/or get into your accounts.

Good catch, Anya!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #113
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Hi helpful members! I am wondering if someone that went to the community meeting at the reunion would be able to update those of us that missed it. I was thinking (besides the fun, love and laughter) it would be great to stay current on the "state of the community".

Thank you!
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #114
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Hi helpful members! I am wondering if someone that went to the community meeting at the reunion would be able to update those of us that missed it. I was thinking (besides the fun, love and laughter) it would be great to stay current on the "state of the community".

Thank you!
I think it would be cool if it was recorded and posted like the, "State of the Planet", videos Medusa did a few times when the site first opened.

It would be fun to see the exchanges between people, too. It would make me feel like I was there.

ETA: The only problem would be people who didn't want to be recorded. I respect that.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #115
Slowpurr

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Relationship Status:

Slowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST Reputation
Default Arcade Question

I am having difficulty playing both Poker Star and Death Row Diner, after the introduction I am left with a blank screen. I have been able to play other games that I tried. Any suggestions?
Slowpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #116
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpurr View Post
I am having difficulty playing both Poker Star and Death Row Diner, after the introduction I am left with a blank screen. I have been able to play other games that I tried. Any suggestions?
I would let Linus, et.al., know about this in the *poke poke poke* Someone get me a forum geek thread (click thread title for link) because this could be a glitch or some other technical whoseywhatsit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #117
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Disclaimer: In my Opine, Not representing BFP other than a member

Quote:

Thank you!
OBSERVATIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS OF ONE VERY TIRED MEMBER.THIS DOES NOT HAVE A THING TO DO WITH ADMINISTRATIONS OUTPUT OR INPUT, IT IS ALL MINE.

Hello,
The meeting, composed of members of the site from various areas around the world, met in a theater like setting. We had questions, answers and discussion.
Group discussion, questions and answers ensued on time in the locale posted in the Agenda.
(Most of the fun, love, and laughter occurs at all the wonderful events).

BFP is an active site with X # of members... The complex programming and errata data are maintained and monitored, /pretenders/assuming alias names, etc. ,can be, should be and are reported. Some can be/are sent to outer cyber space, and not allowed to mess in our sandbox. . The financial information is contained, maintained and in the bookeeping style of those that F*kin understand it, an d have the neeeed to know. (I don't feel that need
Various Membership levels are always available and are your choice.
We are there for each other. Huraaah

Much talk on Stay in Little Rock, Explore other cities and styles of Reunion get-together.
We can talk about anything, as seen in the thousands of thread and posts. (red flags and dire consequences are held on an individual basis, as we are so very unigue. Some folks off on tangents get a time to ponder their thoughts, such as sitting in the corner for a child).( I know I got a "notice" one time, and thought about what and why I was singled out. I wasn't.the other person was too, and I spose we deserved it. It did make me realize, my words affected anyone who read them, and I would never want to do that. ) Besides, can't we all just get along.
People have donated to the scholarship fund which aids in helping members attend.
We are there for each other. Hurrah
Many of the threads demonstrate how we communicate so well together, even when we have differences of opine.
Serious business, cranks and crackpots, plague ,community contagions leading to a virus and things general membership need not be bothered with, trained for, and responsible for, is handled by Admin/moderatrs. Please report those that are any of the above.. We just continue along the happy road of posting. (hey, I never thought this was on-line therapy).

Group discussion on venues for the future.

Other Member Announcements: Get your order to Kristopher Shane for the you -know-whats (hadda be there)

Camping is fun. Some have tents, some want a bed and breakfast in the woods (raised my hand).

What's said in Las Vegas Stays in Las Vegas...Maybe Las Vegas ? Maybe Not?

Thanks all around for the support and help of keeping the train on track, and the smoke just that, smoke.

Mud wrestling and such was never brought up. But I think it may be a good discussion.

Last edited by Tommi; 10-02-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #118
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thank you!
I got called out because I fell asleep in the meeting....directly in front of teacher.

Oooopsie.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #119
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
In order to post a picture, whether the post is a stand-alone picture or a picture you want to include as an addition to a text-based post, you can follow the steps below, so a picture is visible in the post you wish to post.

Long Form Directions:

1) above the empty text box, you will see a row of formatting icons. The 4th icon is a picture of a postcard with a stamp on it, is the icon you will select when desiring to include a photo in your post.

2) On the web page of the photo you wish to include in your post, place your cursor over the internet address of the photo, right click on the address and then select "copy". Your cursor will now remember the internet address of the photo you wish to include in your post here.

3) Now, go to the row of icons above the text box here, select the post-card with a stamp" icon and another text box will appear. Inside the new text box, you will see the following highlighted: "http://". Clear this preloaded text from the box, so that the new box is empty.

4) Now that the photo stamp icon box is empty, place your cursor inside the box and right click again. Choose "Paste." The internet address for the picture you want to post will appear inside this box. Then click "Okay" in that box and your picture will appear inside the grey shaded text box that will appear in your forum board post or in the post you create on a personal message board on a friends page.

5) To post your photo, now click the "submit reply" button that appears at the bottom of the grey shaded text box and your post will appear on the forum board or as a photo in a message post on your friends page.

Short Form Directions:

1) Right click on the internet web address bar of the photo you wish to post and select "copy".

2) Return to the Planet in the forum you wish to make a photo post or on your friends personal message page and select the "post-card with a stamp" icon.

3) In the drop down menu, clear out the hyper link provided and insert the web address of the photo you wish to post by right clicking your cursor and choosing "paste" to insert the web address into the drop down menu box.

4) Click "okay" on the drop down menu box. Inside the grey shaded text box, your photo will appear.

5) To publish your photo post you will finish by selecting the "submit reply" button at the bottom of the grey shaded text box. Your photo is now published on the forum board thread or in the personal message box located on your friends page.
when I try this (both long and short version) at "step 4", the photo doesn't appear. only text??!!

is there something I need to do in my settings or sumpin' to make this work?

please and thank you...
Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #120
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post
when I try this (both long and short version) at "step 4", the photo doesn't appear. only text??!!

is there something I need to do in my settings or sumpin' to make this work?

please and thank you...
Hey puddin' - have you checked out the BFP how-to video showing how to post pics? That might be easier than written out directions or even the directions I did earlier in this thread that included pics.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: