Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation
Default Help, need reassurance or advice, either would work

We've been planning babies since we got together and now we're finally there. We got a donor (two!) instead of going the clinic route as it's extremely slow and expensive unless you go private, which we can't afford. We're all set to inseminate and all was going well EXCEPT suddenly there is radio silence from both of our donors ...

One of them wasn't certain to begin with, but the other seemed really keen. Should I panic? I've still got ten days for one of them to resume contact.

Worried.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Oh shit.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I hope it all works out for you!

Best!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

We found two to replace the one dick that we lost!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintease View Post
We found two to replace the one dick that we lost!!!!
Congrats on finding replacements!!!!
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck. I know someone that ended up going the adoption route because of costs and hassle. Another alternative I Suppose.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Turtle

How Do You Identify?:
A mixity
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever
Relationship Status:
chillin

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,222 Posts
Turtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST ReputationTurtle Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry you live in the UK or I woulda volunteered somebody...Best of goodness to yooz.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turtle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I hope you are being smart at this.....

*medical histories for your donor(s) going back a couple of generations..it can be truly important to know this stuff....

*legal paperwork around the sperm donor's involvement....money, religion, time with the kid once s/he/? is hatched, donor's parents involvement

you need to get this stuff in legal order or it will come back and bite you in the ass big time.....I've seen it happen.....it's not just him jacking off in a cup and you using a turkey baster to plant the sperm....

or if you are going to do it the old-fashioned way.....how is that gonna work and trust me it will have a big impact no matter what you think now...

what will the birth certificate say in the 'father' part?

be smart....seek legal counsel and get all the paperwork in order.....now before you get down to the actual business........I'm sure the UK has LGBTQ friendly legal folks who deal with this stuff all the time and work sliding scale if you need it....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Toughy gave you great advice I hope you consider all of it.

But for sure you need to relax. You won't drop any eggs if you're anxious and stressed. Take care of yourself, relax your body and mind, focus on getting really healthy. Rather focus outside on things you can't control, focus on the vessel- YOU and prepare. You will naturally and most certainly draw the right child to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

The UK provides a lot of protection for LGBT parents now. We're meeting them off donor sites so most of them have done all of their testing, or know what to do anyway. The donor we eventually went with was motivated by his sister needing a donation in order to have kids. I'm quite glad now we lost our original donor as the two replacements actually seem much better people, more knowledgeable about the law and their own family history.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #11
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
But for sure you need to relax. You won't drop any eggs if you're anxious and stressed.
Thank you, I'm trying!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations!!!
Look forward to hearing the baby news when it arrives.
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
Bear2you

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
unavailable

Bear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST ReputationBear2you Has the BEST Reputation

Best wishes to you and yours on your pregnancy adventures. My wife and I went through it and started out with triplets and ended up with twins! We used a donor through a cyro bank. Our first 2 attempts were IUI and unsuccessful. Not to mention more expensive. (having to buy 2 vials at once for each attempt that was "washed") Our 3rd attempt was via IVF and was successful! Using a donor through the cyro bank I had to sign a waiver stating I take full responsibility for the baby. As if I was the actual father, and that I could not seek any kind of child support or whatnot from the donor. My wife signed as well. With that being said. When my girls were born my name is on thier birth certificate as the 2nd parent. No "adoption" needed or "donor" remarks on their certificates either. It is a life changing experience and I would not change that for anything in the world. They are my pride and joy. Best of luck on your journey. ~bear~
Bear2you is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear2you For This Useful Post: