Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #21
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Imagine how much more exposed we'd be as a community if they were held throughout the summer everywhere. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR]

Oh, how I like this idea!

The Summer of PRIDE!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #22
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Your story made me cry Parade Princess. Your heart? Is bigger than any hate group OR halo.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #23
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Your story made me cry Parade Princess. Your heart? Is bigger than any hate group OR halo.

I certainly agree with SF on this

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #24
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
We hid the pictures from you, Greyson

Loved the pics! Thanks.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

This is one thing I have yet to experience....Pride in a small town. I look forward to seeing it in the future after having seen how lovely it was in Orlando.

Loved your pics, Medusa!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #26
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Our Pride is June 12. Will take plenty of pics.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #27
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

What an incredible story Medusa. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #28
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Wonderful

Thank you so much for sharing your words, thoughts, pictures of this day!!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #29
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dusa...Good on ya purty lady!!

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #30
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Love it!

we should get a motorcycle contingent from the planet into the parade!
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #31
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Fabulous

Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #32
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Our little town won't host a pride. But we will have a "cornhole toss" at the fire dept down the street weekend after next. The girl and I can't wait to see what the hell that is.. LOL!

We are probably this areas version of the gay men in the big house. As far as pride events go, we'll have to travel to Roanoke or Winston-Salem or Greensboro to be around other queers. I'm sure we will hit a couple events this summer and who knows, if another couple of queers find themselves transplanted here we may one day have enough for a parade. Heh, our "town" is like two blocks, it would only take a couple car loads of queers to tilt the balance!

Thanks for your stories!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #33
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I was wondering if anyone living in a small town has had trepidation about attending Pride events or parades.

I'm out at my job and in my town but I was wondering today if other people worry about bringing too much attention? Or jeopardizing their employment if they work for biggots?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #34
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone living in a small town has had trepidation about attending Pride events or parades.

I'm out at my job and in my town but I was wondering today if other people worry about bringing too much attention? Or jeopardizing their employment if they work for biggots?
Since we moved here, hell yes.
I am not trepidatious about myself, but rather my youngest child.

He makes friends at school, they come for a sleep over and then someone figures out our familial structure. No more friend.

So I worry, because we've been told by other parents that we flaunt ourselves by attending school functions. They petitioned to have our son removed from his performing arts school.

So with great trepidation, we go anyhow. Because what lessons are we teaching if we don't?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #35
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I dint live in a small town but me going to a pride hear wouldnt bother me any nor my son,who is grown,he works for a big company and they know about me being queer as heck and it never caused him any probs I know of.I ask him one about this subject and his reply was...I didnt care when I was a kid and shure dont now..go hve fun.Alas wed had a pride last year but didnt say a thing about it till the day before so I couldnt go cause I had commitments I couldnt change.
I would like to go to conway if my back was on a good streak but have to play it by ear cause because of the back issue I shouldnt drive that far alone incase it pops out while there.Be glad when they fix it...soon I hope.When and how do I get to conway if I can go.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I realize this is an old thread but read this article this morning about how there are more suicides among youth in conservative areas. Thought it was poignant:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_850345.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #37
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

That is so sad Madusa. I've sat here thinking about this and it brings tears to my eyes. I live in a city, not that small, but in one that is not gay friendly at all. It is risky to even put a rainbow sticker on my car. This has always made me feel unsafe....but, geeze, what about these kids living here..

How do i, as a gay adult having to basically hide for risk of having my house burned down or worse....how do i reach out to these kids.

I wore purple that day it was all over the net and walked around the mall. Actually made eye contact with one young man and he smiled. I knew he knew. But, i pray that is not the extent of my "help" to these kids.

There isn't a gay "place" that anyone goes to aside from these tiny hole in the wall gay bars and you read about people being beat up on the way to their cars and such.

Since i'm a nurse, the opportunity has come up a couple of times that i've had seeminly young gay patients and tried to let them know i was here if they needed a friend...but it's never went past that.

I honestly wish there was some way i could reach out to these young kids and be there so they could just talk and be heard without calling so much attention to myself and my family that we are harmed.

K....just venting and thinking out loud. TY for bumping the thread
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #38
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Those little things like wearing purple are so important, Belle! Even if it makes one Gay youth feel better, it's worth it.

I'm doing a little hand-holding session with the LGBT group at one of the colleges here later this week and our main topic will be how to comfort/offer visibility/offer safety to the youth out there who have nobody.

The CAR group here is also working on a youth space in Little Rock which looks to be amazing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #39
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Those little things like wearing purple are so important, Belle! Even if it makes one Gay youth feel better, it's worth it.

I'm doing a little hand-holding session with the LGBT group at one of the colleges here later this week and our main topic will be how to comfort/offer visibility/offer safety to the youth out there who have nobody.

The CAR group here is also working on a youth space in Little Rock which looks to be amazing

That is wonderful. I need to dig a little deeper and see if there isn't something at our college i could do and at least volunteer a day or two to lend an ear.

Please post some tips on what your meeting brings light to. I'm so eager to help. I just need some ideas....thanks again.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #40
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread!
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote