Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #61
AlexHunter

How Do You Identify?:
With a greeting and a handshake, typically
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

AlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST Reputation

Butch Genderqueer

I feel mostly male on the inside, but I have absolutely no desire to surgically or hormonally modify my female body.

I am butch for a variety of reasons. "Butch" is an adjective meaning masculine; I enjoy playing the "butch" role in my relationships and would not have it any other way; I especially identify with the piece of queer history butches fought for and participated in; I also identify with the idea of using "butch" as a gender, which - for me - is a genderqueer identity; genderqueer meaning not solely male or female.

I also identify as queer, a dude, a guy, and a dyke... because I can.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
AlexHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AlexHunter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #62
rocky 781

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch domesticated daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr Hy Hym Daddy
Relationship Status:
forever a bachelor my heart belong to a special someone olny

rocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputationrocky 781 Has the BEST Reputation
Default how I identify

I am a stone butch domesticated daddy who is a lover of life, people and fur babies also the daddy to fur babbies :cigar2
rocky 781 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rocky 781 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #63
MarineCorps1

How Do You Identify?:
queer/boi

MarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST Reputation

I identify as queer because it's all inclusive - totally both and absolutely neither, and boi because it's male but soft around the edges. My personal leanings are MUCH more on the male side, but every once in a while I wake up on the femme side of the bed and rock that, too. Androgyn would be an appropriate term as well.
MarineCorps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarineCorps1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #64
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps1 View Post
I identify as queer because it's all inclusive - totally both and absolutely neither, and boi because it's male but soft around the edges. My personal leanings are MUCH more on the male side, but every once in a while I wake up on the femme side of the bed and rock that, too. Androgyn would be an appropriate term as well.
Can you explain what you mean by 'the femme side of the bed'?
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #65
DanieClarke
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
14 yrs post op
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you
Relationship Status:
single

DanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST Reputation

single celibate and happy
DanieClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanieClarke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #66
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

femme ~ I was born this way.
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #67
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Male. 100%. It's the brain, heart & soul I was born with. Just got put in the wrong container.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #68
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

all pink. Lace. Frilly.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #69
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default How I self-identify

I think I adopted the femme identity label because it more closely fits than any other label. I'm not opposed to labels; I think they can tell you basic ideas of expression in a short time period. Specifically online where you have absence of other cues and experiences with people, you can get a decent jest of someone with a label. That's not to say we all fit our labels perfectly, though.

I am femme in that I love frills, girl-talk, and butches as my partners. I am not femme in that my sexual preference is not #1 on the overall list of who I am. I identify first and foremost as a women, followed by a Christian, then as a femme lesbian. I think there is a distinction between 'woman' and 'femme lesbian' for me. Woman, for me, means I am half a whole. I am by nature the yin of that half and what it encompasses, as well as endless possibilities as a human being. To say this does not mean a butch woman is not also a 'woman' in identity. She may or may not identify as her/she, but rather by hym/hy. The femme lesbian label is more constricting. It places me in an exclusively-defined role and character, which I do not always agree with nor accept.

When I bring this label into the GLBTQ community, I think my femme lesbian identity can also be constricting even among those I consider my peers as far as what people see in that label and the inferences they take from it. I think it's humorous at times and also frustrating.

I like this thread a lot. Thank you for starting it!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #70
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

When I first discovered my different nature compared to the rest of the world the only word I knew was queer but I kept that to myself. A year or so later I learned the word dyke and after that I learned lesbian.
What is my identity?
Third Gender Queer, Gynesexual/romantic, Demisexual, Polyamorous and happy to be me.
I go by Queer it saves a lot of explaining over the terms that best describe me.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #71
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,509 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am very much femme for lots of reasons. I am very girly and when I am in a relationship it is with someone who identifies as butch or ftm.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #72
DJ Bear

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy, Papa, just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, him, sir, bro, hey you
Relationship Status:
Married to library_girl

DJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST ReputationDJ Bear Has the BEST Reputation

Male, 100%. I've know since I was little that my body was the wrong one, my mind just knew that. Unfortunately it has been a decades long road for me to identify as FTM. I'm finally living who I am now. It feels good, it feels real, it feels right.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #73
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

heart = girlie girl
gender = femme and my other gender is woman
sex = female (I get very irritated when people confuse sex and gender)
sexual orientation = dyke/queer. I often call myself lesbian though I'm not formost vagina driven. dyke cock is the first, then vagina. but both enjoyed.

I was not born femme. I was born female then I learned that my characteristics that i grew into were tomboy. I loved girl clothes but had no desire to hang out with other girls at all.
It wasn't till I realised I was a dyke that my big huge drag queen little girl came out.
I was happy to meet her.
I've slowly let go of the tomboy in the past 10 years, of having to prove I'm "capable" - I don't have to be good at fixing things. I still love camping and snakes etc but I no longer feel I have to prove anything by doing all the repairs. And frankly, I don't want to do any cleaning either. I'm happy to pay other people to do it.

so perhaps I've gotten rather urban as well.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #74
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Queer Femme. When I first came out, I used to word "lesbian" but it just never seemed to fit me right. Then I started discovering my attraction to male-identified butches and trans guys and I went..."Oh." One of my closest friends told me there was a name for that: Queer Transensual Femme. I loved it. But recently I just shorted it to Queer Femme. I still use lesbian so others outside the B/F community can relate. Sometimes I loathe lengthy explanations.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #75
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

I am Butch but also consider myself two spirited. I also have a couple of other titles I am fine with too. Mom, Ba Ba ( grandson's name for me) I look like a male but I think like a woman. I think that women by nature are more intelligent then men are.(my opinion) I am attracted to strong,smart & independent femmes. But in the bedroom I like to be in total control.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #76
Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

I am very much femme and identify as femme or even high femme. I wear lots of labels like femme, sub, babygirl, etc. I embrace labels and it's probably because I'm a librarian--we classify everything.

To the rest of the world, gay or straight, I'm a lesbian and that's fine with me. I am a lesbian too. In the LGBT world, some recognize me as femme. I came out of the closet when I was 17, then figured out that I was a femme when I was about 22 or 23. That was like a second coming out--what a thrill!

Now that I'm in love with and in a committed relationship with a FTM, some may be inclined to question my self definition of "lesbian". I still consider myself part of the gay community, the LGBT community, but my identity is mine, not someone else's.

I think identity, for me anyway, is something that evolves and grows with time. Whether it's gender identity, sexual identity, cultural identity, or what have you. I'm fascinated by this and just love the multitudes and diversity of identities in our world.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #77
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

i am femme, lesbian,queer, woman, etc..
i am with an FTM, but that does not take away from who or what i am.
i am a babygirl, submissive, but have my independent side as well..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #78
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Identify

A kinky bastard!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #79
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library_girl View Post

...snip this part...

I think identity, for me anyway, is something that evolves and grows with time. Whether it's gender identity, sexual identity, cultural identity, or what have you. I'm fascinated by this and just love the multitudes and diversity of identities in our world.

What she said.

I do use labels because it makes things easier for others, but mostly I self-identify as Loren, if you want to know about me, ask.

Labels I use most often: queer, lesbian, dyke, leather-dyke, butch, androgynous, gender-queer, Asian, Latino, Latina, and polyamorous. There's more, but you get the gist.

Why I use these labels is because I'm comfortable with them, and they're readily accessible.

I used lesbian and dyke when I first came out. Lesbian to be polite, dyke to be "in your face".

I'm of an age that I was part of the re-appropriation of "queer", so that has special meaning to me.

Leather or leather-dyke or polyamorous doesn't identify me, it defines how I do sex and relationships. But I threw those in cause, well, cause I wanted to.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #80
Preston

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His
Relationship Status:
Single

Preston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST ReputationPreston Has the BEST Reputation

I identify as a transguy or transgender male. I do not like the term "ftm" for myself because I feel that I am not or never was female specially after I hit puberty all my psychical femininity went out the door. Before I knew what "trans" was I was a dyke or lesbian who was very butch always , and for the majority attracted to women which always brought questioning myself up because a part of me was still attracted to other people specially as I became older. And soon later I realized I was also Pansexual. Now that I finally have "labels" I'm kinda more comfortable with telling people and being open. I'm not having to explain all these details and stipulations to how I identify.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Preston For This Useful Post: