Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

actually there a ton of them all listed in one spot! Many mentioned here.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/Watch_Food_Videos/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #62
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead Documentary link

Link to Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead documentary you can watch for
free on hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat...dead?c=87:5842

Here's a comment from the site:

It's about time!
I could not stop watching this documentary, well done! It was nice to see the pay it forward acts and the movement of people getting involved throughout their journey.
I was a top athlete in high school and am still in good shape, but 15 months ago I woke up having very extreme back problems with my discs and nerves. I couldn't even move my legs and i lost count to how many doctors I have seen. I tried oral steroid packs, steroid injections in my spine, chiropractors, now currently on anti seizure meds to help with nerve pain. I hate taking the pills but they help my pain.
I was very inspired by this film and I am a strong believer that the human body is capable of healing itself with the proper diet and exercise or "healthy lifestyle". I feel I have already started to prove this when I rejected further steroid treatment and started doing yoga which has helped my pain tremendously! In fact for the fist time in 15 months, last week I was able to play basketball and it felt awesome!!!
I am buying a juicer tomorrow and will hopefully soon see some results for my condition. I would love nothing more but to get through a day with no pain and no more meds!

Incredibly inspiring...enjoy, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #63
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Joe Cross reboot website link

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
Link to Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead documentary you can watch for
free on hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat...dead?c=87:5842

Here's a comment from the site:

It's about time!
I could not stop watching this documentary, well done! It was nice to see the pay it forward acts and the movement of people getting involved throughout their journey.
I was a top athlete in high school and am still in good shape, but 15 months ago I woke up having very extreme back problems with my discs and nerves. I couldn't even move my legs and i lost count to how many doctors I have seen. I tried oral steroid packs, steroid injections in my spine, chiropractors, now currently on anti seizure meds to help with nerve pain. I hate taking the pills but they help my pain.
I was very inspired by this film and I am a strong believer that the human body is capable of healing itself with the proper diet and exercise or "healthy lifestyle". I feel I have already started to prove this when I rejected further steroid treatment and started doing yoga which has helped my pain tremendously! In fact for the fist time in 15 months, last week I was able to play basketball and it felt awesome!!!
I am buying a juicer tomorrow and will hopefully soon see some results for my condition. I would love nothing more but to get through a day with no pain and no more meds!

Incredibly inspiring...enjoy, Greco
also a link to his reboot site to see the different
ways to bring fruits veggies into our lives.

enjoy.

http://jointhereboot.com/?doing_wp_cron

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #64
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default "The Beautiful Truth" - Documentary with ads

"The Beautiful Truth"

Raised on a wildlife reserve in Alaska, 15-year-old Garrett was interested in the dietary habits of the farm animals. After the tragic death of his mother, Garrett's father decided to home-school his son and assigned a book written by Dr. Max Gerson that proposed a direct link between diet and a cure for cancer.

Fascinated, Garrett embarks in this documentary on a cross-country road trip to investigate The Gerson Therapy. He meets with scientists, doctors and cancer survivors who reveal how it is in the best interest of the multi-billion dollar medical industry to dismiss the notion of alternative and natural cures.

Greco

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #65
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default "The Beautiful Truth" credits

And another description of this documentarty:

A troubled 15-year-old boy attempting to cope with the recent death of his mother sets out to research Dr. Max Gerson's claims of a diet that can cure cancer as his first assignment for home-schooling in this documentary from filmmaker Steve Kroschel (Avalanche, Dying to Have Known). Garrett is a boy who has always been close to nature. He lives on a reserve with a menagerie of orphaned animals, and over the years he's become especially sensitive to the nutritional needs of the diet-sensitive animals he's charged with caring for. When Garrett's mother suffers a tragic and untimely death, the boy falls into a dangerous downward spiral and nearly flunks out of school. Increasingly concerned for Garrett's well-being and determined to strengthen their bond despite the many challenges on the horizon, his father makes the decision to begin home-schooling the distressed teen. Garrett's first assignment: study a controversial book written by Dr. Max Gerson, a physician who claims to have discovered a diet that's capable of curing cancer. Is Dr. Gerson's therapy truly the legitimate, alternative cure it appears to be? In order to find out the truth behind this long-suppressed treatment, Garrett interviews not only Dr. Gerson's family members, but various doctors, skeptics, and cancer patients as well. His studies completed and his findings revelatory, Garrett now sets out to tell the entire world about The Gerson Miracle.

Cast & Crew
Cast

1. Garrett Kroschel
2. Charlotte Gerson
3. David Kennedy
4. John Olney
5. Hal Huggins
6. Jay Kordich
7. Russell Blaylock
8. Wallace Sampson

Directors

1. Steve Kroschel

Producers

1. Steve Kroschel

Greco

Old 02-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #66
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is great video to share with people who are clueless over the food safety issues. Especially people with kids.

Robyn shares her personal story and how it inspired her current path as a "Real Food" evangelist. Grounded in a successful Wall Street career that was more interested in food as good business than good-for-you, this mother of four was shaken awake by the dangerous allergic reaction of one of her children to a "typical" breakfast. Her mission to unearth the cause revealed more about the food industry than she could stomach, and impelled her to share her findings with others. Informative and inspiring.

About this speaker

Robyn authored "The Unhealthy Truth: How Our Food Is Making Us Sick and What We Can Do About It." A former Wall Street food industry analyst, Robyn brings insight, compassion and detailed analysis to her research into the impact that the global food system is having on the health of our children. She founded allergykidsfoundation.org and was named by Forbes as one of "20 Inspiring Women to Follow on Twitter." The New York Times has passionately described her as "Food's Erin Brockovich."

http://allergykidsfoundation.org

http://twitter.com/unhealthytruth
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #67
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation
Default Food Matters

and

The Gerson Miracle:

http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=sbIix...&feature=mv_sr

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #68
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default *Warning - GRAPHIC - Viewer Discretion Advised*

Earthlings - Animal Justice - Full Film

EARTHLINGS is the film that completely
changed my perspective on my choice of food, and
my relationship with all the beings that
also inhabit our earth. Its not an easy film
to watch, but an important one.

EARTHLINGS is the single most powerful
and informative documentary about society's
tragic and unforgivable use of nonhuman
animals, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix with
soundtrack by Moby. Directed by Shaun Monson,
this
multi-award winning film by Nation Earth is
a must-see for anyone who cares about nonhuman
animals or wishes to make the world a better place.

For more information:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/nov/b12.htm
http://www.adaptt.org
http://www.chooseveg.com
http://www.30bananasaday.com
http://www.foodnsport.com
http://www.pcrm.org
http://www.veganbodybuilding.com
http://www.veganhealth.org

The film's official website:
http://www.earthlings.com

"We are all Earthlings - Make the Connection!" - beaelliott

Greco

Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #69
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Forks Over Knives

YouTube uploader:

"What has happened to us? Despite the most advanced medical technology in the world, we are sicker than ever by nearly every measure.

Two out of every three of us are overweight. Cases of diabetes are exploding,

especially amongst our younger population. About half of us are taking at least one prescription drug. Major medical operations have become routine, helping to drive health care costs to astronomical levels. Heart disease, cancer and stroke are the country's three leading causes of death, even though billions are spent each year to "battle" these very conditions. Millions suffer from a host of other degenerative diseases.

Could it be there's a single solution to all of these problems? A solution so comprehensive but so utterly straightforward, that it's mind-boggling that more of us haven't taken it seriously?

FORKS OVER KNIVES examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the so-called "diseases of affluence" that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods. The major storyline in the film traces the personal journeys of a pair of pioneering yet under-appreciated researchers, Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn."

Greco

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #70
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default 11 Year Old, Birke Baehr, Exposes GMO Foods, Promotes Organic Foods & Farming

A child thinking critically, what a breath
of fresh air!

Greco

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #71
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default How to ID GMO Food at Supermarket

Greco

Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #72
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Dr. Mercola Interviews Mark Kastel about Organic Foods

Informative interview...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ark-kastel-cor... Natural health physician Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Mark Kastel, co-founder of Cornucopia Institute, about organic foods, "greenwashing" and how to empower consumers to make informed purchasing decisions.

Greco

Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #73
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Greco
Awesome. Thanks so much for posting this!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #74
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Cereal Crimes

http://www.cornucopia.org/

Greco

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #75
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Vandana Shiva Lecture

Excellent lecture.

Greco

Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #76
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default WATER=Food among other things

"The WATER Movie" ~ Part 1/9

WATER the substance which is the base of all lifeforms ~
WATER the life blood of all things!

Natural Spring Water, Daniel Vitalis, David Wolfe, Masaru Emoto, Viktor Schauberger, Goethe, Natural Cures

A beautiful documentary continue with Parts 2 - 9 on YouTube

Greco

Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #77
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Mad Cowboy - Full Documentary

"Mad Cowboy" *WARNING PAINFUL SCENES TOWARD THE END OF THIS DOCUMENTARY*

HOW TO TELL THE TRUTH AND GET IN TROUBLE

I am a fourth-generation dairy farmer and cattle rancher. I grew up on a dairy farm in Montana, and I ran a feedlot operation there for twenty years. I know firsthand how cattle are raised and how meat is produced in this country.
Today I am president of Earth Save International, an organization promoting organic farming and the vegetarian diet.
Sure, I used to enjoy my steaks as much as the next guy. But if you knew what I know about what goes into them and what they can to do you, youd probably be a vegetarian like me. And, believe it or not, as a pure vegetarian now who consumes no animal products at all, I can tell you these days I enjoy eating more than ever.
If youre a meat-eater in America, you have a right to know that you have something in common with most of the cows youve eaten. Theyve eaten meat, too.
When a cow is slaughtered, about half of it by weight is not eaten by humans: the intestines and their contents, the head, hooves, and horns, as well as bones and blood. These are dumped into giant grinders at rendering plants, as are the entire bodies of cows and other farm animals known to be diseased. Rendering is a $2.4 billion-a-year industry, processing forty billion pounds of dead animals a year. There is simply no such thing in America as an animal too ravaged by disease, too cancerous, or too putrid to be welcomed by the all-embracing arms of the renderer. Another staple of the renderers diet, in addition to farm animals, is euthanized pets - the six or seven million dogs and cats that are killed in animal shelters every year. The city of Los Angeles alone, for example, sends some two hundred tons of euthanized cats and dogs to a rendering plant every month. Added to the blend are the euthanized catch of animal control agencies, and road kill. (Road kill is not collected daily, and in the summer, the better road kill collection crews can generally smell it before they can see it.) When this gruesome mix is ground and steam-cooked, the lighter, fatty material floating to the top gets refined for use in such products as cosmetics, lubricants, soaps, candles, and waxes. The heavier protein material is dried and pulverized into a brown powder-about a quarter of which consists of fecal material. The power is used as an additive to almost all pet food as well as to livestock feed. Farmers call it protein concentrates. In 1995, five million tons of processed slaughterhouse leftovers were sold for animal feed in the United States. I used to feed tons of the stuff to my own livestock. It never concerned me that I was feeding cattle to cattle.
Quoted from Howard Lyman's' book Mad Cowboy
http://www.madcowboy.com/01_AboutPS.000.html

Mad Cowboy Official Website
http://www.madcowboy.com/

INTERACTIVE WEB SITE MAP
http://www.madcowboy.com/01_MAP.000.html

Greco

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #78
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i'm watching this on netflix currently. i'm glad documentaries like this exist because for me, i think talking about the lives of farmers and migrant workers is a hugely necessary part of talking about food justice and sustainability.

http://theharvestfilm.com/
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #79
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

A child thinking critically, what a breath
of fresh air!

Greco

I have adored this child since this was first posted on the net. Yes, critical thinking is alive and well, just not being taught usually in the public school system.

If I were young, I think I might have the same goals, to be an organic farmer, specifically growing Hatch Green Chile!!!

***we are losing farmers more and more each and every year, what this means for me and my chile addiction is serious!***
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #80
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default The Future of Food and Seed

Dr. Vandana Shiva - The Future of Food and Seed

Scientist, feminist, ecologist and author, Vandana Shiva, presenting the keynote address at the 2009 Organicology Conference in Portland, Oregon, on February 28, 2009.

pdxjustice Media Productions
Producer: William Seaman

Never tire of hearing Dr. Shiva speak

Greco