Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Queerbay - Your ButchFemmePlanet Marketplace!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation
Default Holiday Shopping? Shop Local, Shop BF Planet

It's holiday shopping season!!!!!

When looking for , please consider the fine artisans here on the Planet.

If you have shop, please list it here. If you are looking for something, please post it here. Let's spread our within our community.

Holidays:

Hanukkah - Dec 1-9
Solstice - Dec 21
Kwanzaa - Dec 26
Christmas - Dec 25

Special thanks to the Admins for letting us have this forum.

Last edited by MsDemeanor; 11-22-2010 at 04:37 PM.
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsDemeanor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I'll start.

I'm a metalsmith and I make jewelry. I work in silver and copper, and love pretty stones and gems.

My shop on Etsy is Bowers Studio . I have maybe another dozen or so items to add in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check back.

BF Planet folks can get a 10% discount by using coupon code BFP2010, and shipping is free to the US and Canada through the end of the year.

I'd like to point out one special line - abstract stamped cuffs. They can be stamped with most anything in either lower or upper case. For the Queer Etsy Team fundraiser shop (which benefits the Trevor Project), I stamped one with 'queer' linkyloo . Other fun messages could include 'butch' or 'femme'. Each one is made to order.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Your jewelry is amazing and you are a wonderful artist!!!!

As for me, yes I would love customers. I do portraits of people and pets of all kinds. It can be done in watercolor, colored pencil (a much misunderstood medium) and drawing pencils. I use quality media always. For a commission I require 50% down payment and the balance due at the time the customer receives their product.

I require a down payment reluctantly but I did two commissions and the potential buyer never paid for their paintings which I still have.

So yes, I would love some commissions!

Ms Demeanor, this is a great idea and thank you for posting it.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Thank you for the compliment, and you're welcome for the thread. Please don't be reluctant about requesting a deposit, I don't know any artists who do commission work without one.

Do you have some examples of your portraits - especially pets - that you can share?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few on the blog listed in my signature. I have many more on my Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing them just let me know about Friending you on FB via PM.

I must say doing cat portraits are a specialty and a great love of mine.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

*bumping for the Tuesday crowd*
Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
I'll start.

I'm a metalsmith and I make jewelry. I work in silver and copper, and love pretty stones and gems.

My shop on Etsy is Bowers Studio . I have maybe another dozen or so items to add in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check back.

BF Planet folks can get a 10% discount by using coupon code BFP2010, and shipping is free to the US and Canada through the end of the year.
Wow...these are beautiful!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I have a few on the blog listed in my signature. I have many more on my Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing them just let me know about Friending you on FB via PM.

I must say doing cat portraits are a specialty and a great love of mine.
Another talented member! (My artistic skills end just past stick figures)

Kats....if we sent you pictures of all of our 4 kitties, could you put them into one portrait?

I know we couldn't take a pic of them that way (cuz the princess is still not on speaking terms with the babies)... and what do you normally charge?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Wow...these are beautiful!
could you be more specific? just curious
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #10
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great thread! Great idea!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
...(cuz the princess is still not on speaking terms with the babies)...
This made me giggle. I appreciate folks who make me giggle.

Thanks, too, for the beautiful
Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
could you be more specific? just curious
Subtle baby

Just cuz I'm helpful....I like...

Designer Cut Sugilite Stackable Cuff in Sterling Silver
and
Garnet Sterling Silver Stackable Ring Size 7.5 (except I'd need an 8)
and
White Buffalo Pendant No. 1 in Sterling Silver

ooooo....those "and"s should be "or"

Last edited by JustJo; 11-23-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: cuz I'm not really that greedy! :)
JustJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #13
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It's holiday shopping season!!!!!

When looking for , please consider the fine artisans here on the Planet.

If you have shop, please list it here. If you are looking for something, please post it here. Let's spread our within our community.

Holidays:

Hanukkah - Dec 1-9
Solstice - Dec 21
Kwanzaa - Dec 26
Christmas - Dec 25

Special thanks to the Admins for letting us have this forum.
Gorgeous stuff I would buy too especially for Hanukkah which I celebrate maybe if I get some money together. And I like the idea of the portraits of my pets too. That would be nice!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Subtle baby

Just cuz I'm helpful....I like...

Designer Cut Sugilite Stackable Cuff in Sterling Silver
and
Garnet Sterling Silver Stackable Ring Size 7.5 (except I'd need an 8)
and
White Buffalo Pendant No. 1 in Sterling Silver

ooooo....those "and"s should be "or"
Those "ands" are just fine

The Sugilite stone is dreamy. It's quality stone that I get from a top-notch lapidary buddy up in Oregon. I have a stash of it that I'm keeping for myself

That garnet ring measures at a 7.5, but it's a skinny band so it would probably fit a slightly larger finger, too (like my size 8 finger). Just sayin.....
Old 11-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #15
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

*bumpity bump bump*
Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea. I have a bracelet that I commmissioned from Bowers Jewelry. Can't say enough good things about the quality of the work. Truly one of my favorite pieces.

If you want to give the gift of insight, you can always purchase a reading with me for your friends and family!

PM me if you have questions.

Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #17
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Thank you
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
*bumpity bump bump*
What length of chain is the Picasso Marble Pendant on and is it sterling or plated or what?

PM if you'd rather.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #19
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

C'mon! I know some of our photographers have pictures and cards. Let's hear from everyone that was trying to use Queerbay!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #20
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
What length of chain is the Picasso Marble Pendant on and is it sterling or plated or what?

PM if you'd rather.
That's a fun pendant; sadly, it is gone. The Flickr pics include stuff that's sold and stuff that I made for myself; the other link to the Etsy store is what I have available right now, plus there's another dozen or so pieces on my workbench that will be done soon. Everything I make (except those noted as having copper parts) is constructed of sterling silver and fine silver; I never use plated :-)