Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #1881
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

T33 and I had a bit of a difference of opinion this morning. She thought I should not have ANY running intervals this morning. At all.

Oh, Hell no.

T33, random program, level 6.
Stats: 260 cal, 2.43 mi, 45:00 min

I made my own running intervals during the cool down.

2 @ 60 sec @ 5.0 mph

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #1882
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

An excellent workout this morning, exercisers!

T33 and I have yet to work our current issues out but I'm trying to find a way around them. Another split workout, for example.

Workout one:

Random program, level 6.
Stats: 362 cal, 3.28 mi, 60:00 min
Intervals: 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph

Only TWO running intervals for a whole hour? Oh no, no, no. We don't play that. I reduxed and reduced my level to increase the likelihood of getting more intervals.

Take two:

Random program, level 3.
Stats: 183 cal, 1.73 mi, 30:00 min
Intervals: 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph, 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.1 mph

Total workout:

Stats: 545 cal, 5.01 mi, 90:00 min

Excellent!

Go me! Go me! Go me!

Woot! Woot!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 10-28-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #1883
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers.

Yesterday was a great day for me, pain wise, but today is a different story. I had a restless night and woke up too early and had a bit of a hard time getting up and about but eventually I made it to the gym.

T33, random program, level 5.
Stats: 301 cal, 2.67 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 5 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph

I got a little pushy with the intervals and used 2.5 minutes of the cool down to run some more. I should have left things alone but it is what it is.

Additional intervals: 1 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph, 1 @ 90 sec @ 6.0 mph

I don't have too many interesting stories about the people around me because:

1. there are less people around me at 6am versus 6pm
2. they make me angry and upset and that interferes with my workout

Specifically, I am talking about the guys (I've only seen guys do this, but I am sure that some females do as well) that never wipe any of the machines they use down. I saw one guy this morning go from the treadmill to the ab station to the free weights to the all in one machines. He never wiped ANYTHING down. It's nasty anyway but especially now that winter's approaching and people are already starting to pass various forms of the crud around and we have a lot of seniors that attend our gym, that's just plain icky. So, I do my best to not focus on it....sometimes I can't help myself....and just to make a mental note not to touch anything they did. I wipe stuff down before I get on it due to people like him anyway but why invite trouble?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #1884
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well I finally got my butt over to join the gym. I've been holding off due to not knowing what would happen with some medical stuff here. Now that I kind of know and even though it's not great, I went ahead with it because it's so darn cheap it will be worth it even if I have to miss some chunks of time.

Mostly I need to have a regular baseline of activity even if a gym is not my first choice so I can track mobility changes in a specific and verifiable way. Also, as I mentioned a while back, I have picked up some stress weight and need to drop it. Since I don't live next to a soft beach anymore the whole world is a hard surface. As much as I enjoy exercising outdoors and rather dislike gyms, it's the only way to get non-impact cardio activity.

To the level that I can for now, I have been enjoying a local greenbelt/riverfront area with lots of trails and I've been able to do 2 miles every other day or so before pulling up a bit lame. I wish I could just take this ole body into a shop and get new shocks! But that it could be as easy as a car..

Anywho, today was get acquainted with the new place and test drive all the shiny new equipment to make sure it will all pair up with my old polar chest strap. It did and now I know I can get accurate data out of the control panels. I didn't do much but test, so 5 minutes each on three setups and 10 on the one I will use most, the arc trainers. 25 minutes at a low HR of 65%-70% and a couple of weight stations. Tomorrow I will take in s couple of little things and do my PT at the same time.

Finally, I get my rituals back!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #1885
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Progress, Kelt!

Today is a better day than yesterday, so I can't complain.

T33, random program, level 5.
Stats: 215 cal, 1.93 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph and 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.1 mph

I'm glad it gave me two. The first interval kind of makes things worse but between the second or third, it gets ironed out and I feel the benefits.

It was a slow start to my day, with a sour tummy and trying not to be irritated with the discourteous people at the gym.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #1886
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I rolled out of bed

Ran up and down the stairs a couple times...still gotta do this a dozen more times while carrying heavy things

Wrestled a recliner outside for some freahening in the sun

Lots of up and down and scrubbing..using both hands so both arms get exercise...lok

Fought to open long closed windows... I won all but one of those fights!

The day is still young...I have LOTS left to do....

And I want to do yoga at some point...I feel so much better inside and out when I do!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #1887
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This morning went well. I spent 30 mins at about 70% HR on the arc and only covered 1 mile.

An indicator of what crappy cardio condition I'm in. Not a surprise, my walks on the beach were not of the huff-n-puff variety and I've been off for a month to boot. It meets my goal for now of habit forming and I'm not going to worry about it, improvement will come by virtue of just showing up regularly. As I get more fit the same effort will produce a bigger distance covered. I also did my PT routine for the day.

This place has other goodies too and while I didn't join for them I decided to try and enjoyed the 'hydro-bed' massage thingy. Kind of like a dry hot tub with water jets moving around under a layer of ?, it felt good and I will probably use it regularly when I'm done just because I can.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #1888
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This morning went well. I spent 30 mins at about 70% HR on the arc and only covered 1 mile.

An indicator of what crappy cardio condition I'm in. Not a surprise, my walks on the beach were not of the huff-n-puff variety and I've been off for a month to boot. It meets my goal for now of habit forming and I'm not going to worry about it, improvement will come by virtue of just showing up regularly. As I get more fit the same effort will produce a bigger distance covered. I also did my PT routine for the day.

This place has other goodies too and while I didn't join for them I decided to try and enjoyed the 'hydro-bed' massage thingy. Kind of like a dry hot tub with water jets moving around under a layer of ?, it felt good and I will probably use it regularly when I'm done just because I can.
My gym has a hydro massage table too. I enjoyed it before but can't get on and off of it without pain now. Definitely a fun 10 minutes!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #1889
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

This past Saturday i particpated in the zombie run in Georgia. We had two groups of five people (max 5 per group) ..all are coworkers. The 5k was held at the guardian center, a training facility for first responders. They can recreate any natural disaster for training purposes. This 5k was by far the best 5k iv done yet. On Tuesday I did 30 minutes at the gym. Today I did a 45 min step it up class and a 45 min Zumba class.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2014, 05:05 AM   #1890
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Early day for me, exercisers. I have contractors and a security guard coming at 8am. Oy.

Random program, level 5.
Stats: 274 cal, 2.53 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph and 1 2 90 sec @ 5.1 mph

It was a good workout! Nothing to report really except the clock closest to me had stopped at 4:35.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #1891
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Today was supposed to be the same as yesterday.

There was a tv in front of me with a house-hunter show on, fine I really don't like those fake shows but it was a distraction. I had 5 minutes left to go when the hour changed and another episode came on. This was about 1800's farmhouses in PA and I got sucked in.

My 30 minutes turned into 60. So much for gradual moderation. I'll bring in my phone tomorrow so I can control my distraction.

Used the massage thing again and enjoyed it, although yes, it is a challenge to get in and out of it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #1892
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Furniture and small appliance rastling. It should be an olympic sport...I feel wicked buff now....grrrrrrrr
Old 11-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #1893
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Today was supposed to be the same as yesterday.

There was a tv in front of me with a house-hunter show on, fine I really don't like those fake shows but it was a distraction. I had 5 minutes left to go when the hour changed and another episode came on. This was about 1800's farmhouses in PA and I got sucked in.

My 30 minutes turned into 60. So much for gradual moderation. I'll bring in my phone tomorrow so I can control my distraction.

Used the massage thing again and enjoyed it, although yes, it is a challenge to get in and out of it.
Orrr, just time it so your workout coincides with their episodes. lol

No stats for me today, exercisers.

The gym opens late on the weekends and I culdn't get to the gym in time to work out and still be at work on time so I did my neighborhood walk for half an hour. It was nice and I actually got a jump start on my work work in the process. lol

It doesn't loosen things up like the treadmill does but it sure beats hobbling around all day. Also, I got to witness the sunrise so that was a lovely bonus.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #1894
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I just read about these, ahem, no-underwear yoga pants in Huff Post today. I am constantly fidgeting when doing Pilates and think that they may do the trick.

They are not cheap but I think I may order a pair...

http://www.dearkates.com

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #1895
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I went to the gym today and did what has become my "go to" weekend work-out: 30 min. stair master interval program (55/65) followed by an hour of floor exercises, weight lifting, and stretching.

I have a whole set of "toys" that I use for my hour work-out, and I kind of make a pile of them on the mat where I set up shop. The thing is that if I take my eyes off them, a hard to find one can disappear to another floor. I never mind if others borrow but I've gone so far as to carry a favorite set of leg weights into the bathroom just so I don't come back and see that they're nowhere to be found. It's embarrassing to walk into the bathroom with exercise equipment but it's worse to try and make it a quickie and find that someone's run off with a favorite toy.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #1896
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I cannot go without underwear. Good luck with your no undies yoga pants, Anya.

J girl, I totally get the whole disappearing workout gear thing. What about 'this belongs to Jennifer' stickers?

I've got the munchies tonight. I'm going to have to bust my butt tomorrow to make up for it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #1897
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I found out there's a Planet Fitness in the town I'll be working in
Old 11-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #1898
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

That's where I do my damage, cinn. Other than wishing they opened earlier on the weekends, they've been a very good, reasonably affordable exercise option for me. Plus a lot of them have the hydro massage beds that Kelt and I were talking about. And, if you like light therapy, some have light booths that are nice. And almost all of them have the sit down massage chairs still. If you get a black card, you'll be able to use all of those for free.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #1899
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was a day of reckoning, exercisers. However, there's something I need to get off of my chest first before I divulge any more.

T33 is a manipulative, vindictive, sadistic little bitch.

Now that that's out in the open, let's carry on.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who naturally awoke early with the time change. There was a bum rush towards the door of the gym at 6:59. Usually I get 2-4 others coming in about the same time as me but today there were.....no lie......no exaggeration.....at least 20 people zeroing in for the door at the same time as me.

Maybe they were practicing early for their holiday shopping. I dunno. I got my spot and that's all I cared about at that point.

Usually the first running interval doesn't kick in until I've had a chance to get a decent rhythm going, at least 5 minutes. Well, Missy Miss T33 decided to give me not one but TWO running intervals BEFORE the 5 minute marker and when I buckled down and did them like a rock star, she did piddly after that!

I only got one more running interval in the first hour! 60 minutes and only THREE intervals!?!

She hits me hard first thing when I'm not prepared and revs me up for a hard ass workout and then denies me when I'm ready and wanting more. I told you.....sadistic.

I fixed that chit.

*nods*

Oh, yes I did!

After the first 60, I ran to the bathroom and took a 2 minute break and then came back with a plan of action. I would still use the random program but manually orchestrate my running intervals. Sure, it would be more work for me and a little more jarring on the bones with the stopping and starting but totally manageable.

Here's my stats for the first round. Winner, T33.

Random program, level 5.
Stats: 359 cal, 3.37 mi, 60:00 min
Running intervals: 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.0 mph, 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.0 mph

And here's my stats for round two. Winner, ME bitches!

Random program, levels 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9.
Stats: 325 cal, 2.74 mi, 45:00 min
Running intervals: 3 @ 90 sec @ 5.1 mph, 6 @ 60 sec @ 5.1 mph

Total stats: 684 cal, 6.11 mi, 105 min

I lost some time and momentum switching not only the speed but the incline each time but it was nice to have more control over my intervals while still getting incline work too.

And, as a bonus, I nearly worked off that personal pizza I ate last night. Calories: 750.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #1900
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I sure hope cleaning counts! I have been washing down all my livingroom walls...the livingroom is about *thinking* 9x16'. I'm approximating...its a LOT of walls. The. Mopping and whatnot hours and hours of it. I CAN say that pants I wore a week ago that were tight are now loose...looser. So...idk. I'm sans scale which is prolly best...

Tags
exercise, weights