imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Good question.

I don't know. I do know that when I didn't have the bottom row, other things like my gay rights, seemed fucking trivial.

Only recently have I gotten the second row in place. Ish. And I know in planning for my future, the second row is my highest priority. I have love and belonging. Not romantic love, but I am most certainly loved and I do belong in my little group of friends. I probably have more self esteem than ever before in my life. But that comes with age, usually. And I suppose self actualisation... That's taking me a life time to understand. And will continue till I croak no doubt.

So perhaps some things come in, in pieces, at different levels. But perhaps the general interest in developing them, the priority is most often given from lower to higher? I dunno.

What do you think?

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 01-31-2015 at 01:24 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #42
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Yep,I think as we do grow older and probably become more maturer our priorities in life change.What was important to us at 17 is not so at age 47.

Oh there's the same ol' things in life I can't do without.Like having a roof over my head,because being homeless sucks,and it probably be a lot harder on my back these days.

Having money,which i see as security,you can buy necessities with it.

And having someone to live for..because I need to "watch over" another person.

Oh,I can live alone,but the idea of waking up everyday and doing things to survive not just for myself but for another,appeals to me.
Its a reason for me to live on.

I am also a very hard headed person and I usually do things my way.I think i'll be like that till my dying day.

I'm a survivor...hearing the Survivor theme "Ancient Voices" in my head *snort*
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 AM   #43
Daisy Chain

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Hy calls me Hys Kitten

Thanked 1,810 Times in 448 Posts
Daisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST ReputationDaisy Chain Has the BEST Reputation

Liking this thread....OK...

To know my children are safe, well and happy.

To know the mortgage and bills are all paid up to date.

A well stocked larder.

Time...having time to laugh and chat with anyone who passes through my day.

Furry beings with whiskers.

Gentle smiles, eye contact, softly spoken words, hand holding, cuddles, huddles and snuggles.

Quiet moments of reflection alongside giddiness and giggles.

Hot water, soapy bubbles, clean sheets and warm blankets.....oh and teddy bears of course.

Safety.

Books, pens, paper.

Cups of Tea.

added extras.....fresh flowers, sunshine, music, perfume, craft supplies, a garden and rain.

Daisy
Daisy Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Chain For This Useful Post: