Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #201
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,768 Times in 982 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeah need somwhere in the community to go fishing too.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #202
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocell View Post
Oh yeah need somwhere in the community to go fishing too.

Now see you're talking right up my alley and you and I can do some woodworking....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #203
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Now see you're talking right up my alley and you and I can do some woodworking....
Yep use to work for a place that made cabinets for schools we could make them for the community as a hobby.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #204
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I could build a great big bbq pit and grill some great meat for non-vegetarians on special occasions. Bet Corky would help me with all that cooking. Corky has exceptional cooking talents. That type atmosphere creates a terrific social. Ami and Corkey, you both must move to the compound area, please. I say area because I would like to buy about 5 acres up against compound land.I enjoy people but not all the time. I need a hidey-hole a little away from the main. Otherwise, I would get cranky. Also, can help others with woodworking, painting, caulking, landscaping - most anything . And my chainsaw will do well when we need to clear off some of the land.
When can be get started?
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #205
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I could build a great big bbq pit and grill some great meat for non-vegetarians on special occasions. Bet Corky would help me with all that cooking. Corky has exceptional cooking talents. That type atmosphere creates a terrific social. Ami and Corkey, you both must move to the compound area, please. I say area because I would like to buy about 5 acres up against compound land.I enjoy people but not all the time. I need a hidey-hole a little away from the main. Otherwise, I would get cranky. Also, can help others with woodworking, painting, caulking, landscaping - most anything . And my chainsaw will do well when we need to clear off some of the land.
When can be get started?
LOL sounds good to me will bring my chainsaw too. Now if we can find someone to bulldoze for us we'll be in good shape. Can understand I need my space too. You could buy enough inside also -wouldn't have to associate every day. Community house with a big ole fireplace in it would be nice too.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #206
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
When can be get started?
Flattery will get you food, but you knew this... LOL
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #207
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Well if there were such a place I have many skills that can contribute to the up keep of the compound,Im good with animals,cand build barns and have extensive ablities in all phases of farm work,cook real good annnnnd I have a more that fair amount of medical expertise with both humans and animals.....sort of a jack of all trades hear.I would need a cottage for me and the fur kids,space for a pool table not to mention the bazillion books one alllll kinds of subjects I get every month in the mail,I promiss it will be worth it.
SOLD Rockinonahigh is the community librarian!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett View Post
I'd go for it, I can build sound shelters and fix almost any vehicle... just mush on me in exchange and I'm all good
MUSH MUSH MUSH...getting my mushing in early so I got a decient line of credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
I could teach the kiddies
Teaching is necessary especially if we are a community with our own school then we can insure the safety of the children against the hatred ect, & more importantly think of the care and attention each child would receive. Although sending their children to public school should be an option as well

Quote:
What about relatives and friends, would they be allowed to visit on the premises?
I should think so I know I would like for my family/friends to feel free to come visit me. I'm very close to my family I would hate to not have them in my home.

Quote:
Communal living in a kind of utopia always sounds good on paper, but hasn't worked in reality. And maybe I shouldn't post, as I'm crabby .
If I'm understanding the concept right it would be more like a city/town in and of ourselves with our own government to run things. Then what you are referring to, I've always seen that sort of thing as a totalitarian type system, which why it doesn't work.

Don't think of it as being crabby think of it more in light of playing the devil's advocate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
I would love to have a workshop where I can build things and keep my tools. I would be able to team up with some of the other handy folks from here and build things/fix things/ and remodel things. I could also use my new degree to design houses/cottages to suit the residents. (using the sustainable design that I have been studying)

Yes deffinately a workshop serve both for recreation & utilitarian needs. I love woodworking built several pieces. Did construction for a number of years...can you see me framing & sheet rocking!?!? Not so much anymore still do furniture refinishing and repair and building. Can make toys too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Let's name the streets!

We have:

Zombie Street
Penpal Street

I'd like to see a "You are belong to me Way"
"Out Yonder St" I want to live on "Out Yonder St"

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
I suppose the street signs should be green with pink letters?
That'll work better then Pink with green letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! WIN THE LOTTERY ALREADY!!!!

Hmmmmmm...What can I contribute.....

I can bake That may be the extent of the talents lol

How about you just tell me where we need help!
Uh your a teacher aren't you!?!? Sure gonna need those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I haven't read back,
I just know I want dibs on the Gardening.

How did we not know this!! hee hee luv ya Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
solor power everything, just saying
Wind too my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I want to live in the yard-art-is-okay section
You can take the girl out of Austin but you can't take Austin out of the girl!!

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]

Last edited by Ashton; 10-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #208
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[IMG] black 4620x3456 800x399 by BAStoneking...Ashton, on Flickr[/IMG]

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #209
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I think this would be awesome. I used to visit friends that had a communal farm south of Memphis years ago. I loved the energy.

I agree with what many have said about boundaries, private space, setting up leadership.

What I can contribute to the community: I'm a mechanic. I can do plumbing. I can prepare all our taxes. I cook and bake. I can do healing work and massage and Reiki. I can paint and do framing/building with guidance.

I do not like to do yard work or gardening, so that would have to be someone else's gig.

So when are we moving?
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #210
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'd love to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I like being immersed in a world that isn't planned.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #211
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

I think this would be so fantabulous! i can cook, bake, crochet, um.. help with the garden, babysit, um.. i have been told i give good hugs... um.. ooo i can fish and i do not even mind baiting my own hook!.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #212
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,398 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'd be happy so long as we could raise alpacas....and go hiking a lot. I'm simple...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #213
BstlMyhart

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

BstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST ReputationBstlMyhart Has the BEST Reputation

I've actually thought of this myself. The "compound" would be in the mountains of Ruidoso, NM though lol And everyone would have their own space...house/cottage...with 1 large building for gatherings. Figured a couple of hundred acres in the mountains would do the trick.
BstlMyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BstlMyhart For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #214
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

The amish and menonite make it work. We could even set up windmills or if near water use it for our power supply. Then there is solar.

Looks like we have mutiple talented people in the community. Oh well never hurts to dream never know when it might become a reality.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #215
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
SOLD Rockinonahigh is the community librarian!!

MUSH MUSH MUSH...getting my mushing in early so I got a decient line of credit

Teaching is necessary especially if we are a community with our own school then we can insure the safety of the children against the hatred ect, & more importantly think of the care and attention each child would receive. Although sending their children to public school should be an option as well

I should think so I know I would like for my family/friends to feel free to come visit me. I'm very close to my family I would hate to not have them in my home.

If I'm understanding the concept right it would be more like a city/town in and of ourselves with our own government to run things. Then what you are referring to, I've always seen that sort of thing as a totalitarian type system, which why it doesn't work.

Don't think of it as being crabby think of it more in light of playing the devil's advocate!!

Yes deffinately a workshop serve both for recreation & utilitarian needs. I love woodworking built several pieces. Did construction for a number of years...can you see me framing & sheet rocking!?!? Not so much anymore still do furniture refinishing and repair and building. Can make toys too.

"Out Yonder St" I want to live on "Out Yonder St"

That'll work better then Pink with green letters

Uh your a teacher aren't you!?!? Sure gonna need those!

How did we not know this!! hee hee luv ya Day!!

Wind too my friend

You can take the girl out of Austin but you can't take Austin out of the girl!!
Thank You Ashton,the position suits me fine,I love checking out and keeping news and facts.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #216
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocell View Post
The amish and menonite make it work. We could even set up windmills or if near water use it for our power supply. Then there is solar.

Looks like we have mutiple talented people in the community. Oh well never hurts to dream never know when it might become a reality.

Yes the reality of this is definatly a can do,I keep hopeing it will one day happen.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #217
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Count us in!!!

Would you want to live on a BFP compound?
That would be awesome....
Ginger and I have talked about communal living. of course there would have to be "private" space for everyone, and some form of leadership but i think it should be very cool
What skills can you contribute?
I can cook, (executive chef experience, food inventory management, menus, sanitation certifications etc. nutrition) i can do yard work, i also have farm experience, especially with horses. (horse whisperer)i am also a skilled dog trainer. i can also sweep chimneys, do carpentry, drywall, masonry, etc...
oh and provide a little eye candy working up a sweat in my A-shirt... heh
Would you want to do community meals every night in the "Mess Hall"?
i think the mess hall would be the best way to do at least one big meal a day, have food available to all and folks could have their own kitchens as well.
Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal? i think there should be a small fee like dues just to help with the upkeep as you would not want all that to come out of your pocket, but i think much of it could be traded out in work for the community: gardening, yard work, kp duty, carpentry and general maintenance.
Do you think you'd get tired of living with family all year long?
Never. we would be free to come and go as we please. it would be like a home base...
What pro's and con's can you see to this idea?
the only con that i can foresee is making sure that everyone has jobs, or some form of income in the area. True communal living requires a lot of work, cooperation, strong fair leadership and a buy-in from all.
BUT i think it could definitely work...
What input do you have?
i think i could definitely bring some ideas on the layout and how to design a kitchen/messhall/dining facility. i was a food service professional for many years. Apoc and I can rock some Food and Beverage events and shit.....

oh and i can definitely provide Entertainment...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #218
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Blood Curdling Scream

"Hang on, there's something that just hit the deck, an armadillo or a bear"

"It's an armadillo"

"You know what? That armadillo does not belong to me"

--Medusa

Yeah, let's all move to Arkansas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

In my sappy texting, I may have texted two girls I know pictures of an attack armadillo.
Some things still make me giggle hysterically.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #219
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's wayyyy too hot there for me...and mah plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstlMyhart View Post
I've actually thought of this myself. The "compound" would be in the mountains of Ruidoso, NM though lol And everyone would have their own space...house/cottage...with 1 large building for gatherings. Figured a couple of hundred acres in the mountains would do the trick.
I do not think the NM would be Daywalker friendly.

Mountains in the California, very DW Friendly.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #220
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,590 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in!!!!

I can sew, clean, hostess lingerie parties, work in garden and make awesome martinis. I will even create a signature BFP martini.

Duchess