Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #81
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Let me ask this question because I am confused. What business is it of mine if someone is cheating?
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #82
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Let me ask this question because I am confused. What business is it of mine if someone is cheating?
None. At all. Unless they are cheating on you.

I think most in this thread are coming from that place...
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #83
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default keeping with the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
With the Tiger Woods and Sandra Bullock ( who in their right mind would cheat on Sandra Bullock????) issues of late. I am wondering what people think of fidelity in relationships these days. Is it an outdated concept?
How do you think you would react if you found out your partner was cheating?

Personally, I still think monogamy is my relationship mode of choice because I like things simple and predictable. And I suspect if I found out my partner was cheating on me, I would be throwing their belongings out a second story window - its the Italian in me.
Who would cheat on Sandra Bullock? lol... all we know is what's on the outside and what the media tells us, which is usually way far from the truth and for which the purpose is to 'sell'.

Honesty is important to me regardless of the topic of conversation or the situation. People are dishonest for a variety of reasons about a variety of things depending on their own unique situations and/or issues.

WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #84
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

a } Swans also mate for Life [and if I "read" the narrative correctly, Swans will try to kill themself if their mate dies]

b } You can be the sexiest vision ever to walk on 2 legs, that doesn't mean your "better half" won't go ga-ga over some piņata reject for some X or Y reason.

c } depending on the penguin species, the female can have more than 2 mates in 1 season, the male is stuck to 1..or 2..also, if the male is late in meeting the same female as last time, he's shit out of luck, a quicker male got her.Females are the ones who fight over the male.And last but not least, if I got my info. correct, like Most birds, the male lacks a specific weenie..it's hit or miss.[don't ask how I know this]

Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #85
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

* looks up at Rook.....seriously dude, you need to get out more.....LOL.*

Seems we mostly agree on honesty and respect as being hallmarks of our relationships, And that trust is hard to reestablish when deceit is thrown in the mix.

Thank you all for your thoughts and sharing of experiences!

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #86
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The whole cheating thing. Wow. Well, I'm going to say that I strongly disagree with the whole "once a cheater always a cheater" thing. Once upon a time I was a cheater. Not in just one relationship either. Several. I"m not going to list my reasons for cheating..the point is mute. What is important is that I always had a "good reason" for it. (In my head) Usually it was something like, lack of sex in the relationship,or lack of attention from my partner. I recognize now that I was not at a point in my development to speak my mind, and fix it or leave. I wasnt strong enough..I wanted love to be a magical fix. Took me a long time to wake up from the bullshit we are taught as children about the whole fairytale. Now, I wouldnt cheat..not ever. If I"m in a position where I feel neglected to a point of no return, lack of sex..then I will end it. I'm aware of what I need, and what it takes. Even if it means letting the love of my life go..even if it kills me.

Irish
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #87
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

wait.
i'm cute AND a pinata reject.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #88
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
With the Tiger Woods and Sandra Bullock ( who in their right mind would cheat on Sandra Bullock????) issues of late. I am wondering what people think of fidelity in relationships these days. Is it an outdated concept?
How do you think you would react if you found out your partner was cheating?

Personally, I still think monogamy is my relationship mode of choice because I like things simple and predictable. And I suspect if I found out my partner was cheating on me, I would be throwing their belongings out a second story window - its the Italian in me.
I have cheated and i have been cheated on, so I don't do relationships anymore. The thing about that scum ass Jesse James is that he was never man enough to handle her success. He's weak enough to act out being shown up by her limelight and tremendous success. She's gorgeous; brilliant, level and has million things going for her....any man who's a real man would die for that and he's nothing but a sleaze ass fuckin' baby who was nothing without her. Prick. My .02
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #89
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

also, i think you have to be what is known as a 'sack of shit' to cheat, but i agree with the above description as well: "It has to do with being a person with values, morals and personal integrity." well said, Jacks.

i almost cheated once and i got paid-back big time by then dating a worthless piece of no-job having, lying, broke ass, mean, woman-hitting, neanderthal sack of shit. thankfully he cheated cuz then i got to DUMP him and his few tired belongings back where i found him.

so i don't know if cheaters always cheat, i guess i believe that people are capable of change if they've had a life-changing event and did the work (professional, intensive therapy) and committed to change and staying changed. but that takes work and time, though it's not impossible.

Last edited by apretty; 03-26-2010 at 10:36 PM.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #90
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
I don't think it has much to do with being a "Real Man". (What is a Real Man anyway??????)

It has to do with being a person with values, morals and personal integrity.
Those standards to me are Gender neutral.

It also requires a level of emotional maturity that he apparently lacks.
Right.

Well said and THANKS for bringing up that pesky "real man" thingy.

He trolls for tattooed babes to visit his couch on MYSPACE for god's sake. I mean. Come on.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #91
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Right.

Well said and THANKS for bringing up that pesky "real man" thingy.

He trolls for tattooed babes to visit his couch on MYSPACE for god's sake. I mean. Come on.
plus! what's worse--i heard the girlfriends interviewed and he *doesn't tip* servers. that's just BEYOND low. i think i'm more offended by the no-tipping than any of the other.

totally talking about tiger woods, here--wrong cheater! please disregard!

Last edited by apretty; 03-26-2010 at 10:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #92
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in a real man thing because its how I was raised. I don;t see it as gender neutral...for reasons and traditions....i think what he did is bad...just my .02
to each his own i guess.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #93
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I believe in a real man thing because its how I was raised. I don;t see it as gender neutral...for reasons and traditions....i think what he did is bad...just my .02
to each his own i guess.
i think people are objecting to defining 'manhood' by something many good, honest, upstanding female BUTCHES do on a daily bases--treat their ladies right? ya know?

i know it's 'slang' to say 'man up' and mean 'good character' but words are powerful... they define us whether we realize it or not.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #94
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
plus! what's worse--i heard the girlfriends interviewed and he *doesn't tip* servers. that's just BEYOND low. i think i'm more offended by the no-tipping than any of the other.

totally talking about tiger woods, here--wrong cheater! please disregard!
i get confused. bad tipper and the *vanilla gorilla* are both just lame IMO. who wants to bet on how many times NO condoms were used?

Ick. Ick. Ick.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #95
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i get confused. bad tipper and the *vanilla gorilla* are both just lame IMO. who wants to bet on how many times NO condoms were used?

Ick. Ick. Ick.
it seems that he wasn't fond of using the condoms...and THAT is what makes me really sick and mad. That is messed up--beyond.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #96
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
it seems that he wasn't fond of using the condoms...and THAT is what makes me really sick and mad. That is messed up--beyond.
Yeah. Sick and mad don't even cover it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #97
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:

Ick. Ick. Ick.
seriously, i would bet no condoms were used, ever.

...i would have used that golf club to beat down the door of a free clinic.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #98
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
seriously, i would bet no condoms were used, ever.

...i would have used that golf club to beat down the door of a free clinic.

Sandra Bullocks advice to Elin Woods:
"If I were Elin, man, I would have hit a lot more than she did. I would have kept hitting! She stopped. She was respectable. I'd get the baseball bat. I'd get everything out."
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #99
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:

Sandra Bullocks advice to Elin Woods:
"If I were Elin, man, I would have hit a lot more than she did. I would have kept hitting! She stopped. She was respectable. I'd get the baseball bat. I'd get everything out."
glass houses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #100
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

To me infidelity is about dishonesty and lies, not about sex. In my book if you lie then that's infidelity- either in a relationship or potential relationship. Lies and omissions are incredibly hurtful and it shows a very poor character.

Being a faithful and honest person applies to all genders. It has nothing to do with being man enough, woman enough, or any other gender enough.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:

Tags
cheating, monogamy, relationships