Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 12-02-2020, 08:10 PM   #661
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The CNN story's conclusions are very interesting. Last September I had a sudden case of pneumonia, and I have wondered if it was, in fact, Covid-related. Other people have questioned this as well.

Stay well.
I too, was really sick late last fall. I wonder if I had a strain of it? The only thing that I don't understand..no one else around me was as sick as I was. And I question where it came from. I was working then, before the store closed. Maybe a customer that traveled abroad? I'm very quick to fight off colds and such. I've never had the flu. I wonder why I was so sick for so long, respiratory issues and some serious coughing. Maybe it was stress of the store closing?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #662
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

For the second day in a row, the numbers in my tri-city area doubled.

They changed our meetings protocol at work so there can be no more than 10 people in a room at a time. I still think it's risky but it's better. But no one is enforcing the masks in meetings. It's stated that they must be worn but I was in a meeting with 6 others yesterday and three did not wear a mask the entire time.

I got up at 5am to do a grocery run before it gets busy and before I have to go into work. Daddy and I are going to start driving out about an hour away to grocery shop where it's pretty rural and the numbers are really low.

Stay safe, all.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #663
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Looks like California it’s going to be issuing regional shut downs starting on Saturday based on ICU capacities, SoCal likely to begin this weekend. It sucks but the numbers are nuts and we have to address it somehow.

I am still just amazed at the fact that there is so much non-compliance on basics like gatherings and wearing masks. Everybody is having “The Year of COVID” everybody is missing out on something. Why can’t folks just buckle down and protect each other, especially now that we can see the finish line?

I don’t get it but it is what it is, I just wish so many people didn’t have to die over it. Staying home...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #664
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

CDC said a short time ago that every 30 seconds someone dies of covid.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #665
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Looks like California it’s going to be issuing regional shut downs starting on Saturday based on ICU capacities, SoCal likely to begin this weekend. It sucks but the numbers are nuts and we have to address it somehow.

I am still just amazed at the fact that there is so much non-compliance on basics like gatherings and wearing masks. Everybody is having “The Year of COVID” everybody is missing out on something. Why can’t folks just buckle down and protect each other, especially now that we can see the finish line?

I don’t get it but it is what it is, I just wish so many people didn’t have to die over it. Staying home...
I was reading a story tonight, President (elect) Biden says he wants to ask folks to please buckle down & follow CDC guidelines, and wear masks for the first 100 days, to get us to spring, then the vax is available.

Also, former Presidents Obama, Bush, & Clinton along with President Biden will take a vax if Dr. Fauci says it is okay & its has sufficient efficacy and they will all stand publicly & get theirs!!

President Biden also says he has asked Dr. Fauci to stay in his current position & to be his Chief Medical Officer.. Go, Joe!

I be Riden with Biden/Harris
Old 12-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #666
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

RI is really hurting right now and COVID is ramping up. People are being ridiculous and not wearing masks, maintaining distance, using frequent cleaning protocols, et cetera and we're now at a 9.2% positivity rate. Hospitals are at capacity. Two field hospitals have opened up but there's not enough staff to fully run them. Our Governor put us in a "pause" where businesses like gyms and bars are fully closed and others have tighter restrictions. You should hear the backtalk and complaints. It makes me cringe.

My employee's stepdad is a first responder and just tested positive. He was exposed at work. He also tends to have vicious colds that move into his chest and lungs quickly and hover there for weeks. I can't imagine what COVID is going to do to him.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 12:31 AM   #667
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
RI is really hurting right now and COVID is ramping up. People are being ridiculous and not wearing masks, maintaining distance, using frequent cleaning protocols, et cetera and we're now at a 9.2% positivity rate. Hospitals are at capacity. Two field hospitals have opened up but there's not enough staff to fully run them. Our Governor put us in a "pause" where businesses like gyms and bars are fully closed and others have tighter restrictions. You should hear the backtalk and complaints. It makes me cringe.

My employee's stepdad is a first responder and just tested positive. He was exposed at work. He also tends to have vicious colds that move into his chest and lungs quickly and hover there for weeks. I can't imagine what COVID is going to do to him.

that's horrible gemme ~ prayers to your friends family and you ~ this virus affects so many people around those who catch it.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #668
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My honey has stage 4 Kidney cancer and he has frequent appts for chemo on a weekly basis. You'd never guess that my Rico is facing a serious health crisis because he looks like the picture of perfect health.

So we are super careful in all our affairs by maintaining appropriate social distancing standards, wearing masks and we constantly keep our hands washed and clean and follow through with exceptional household hygiene standards.

With covid-19 being an airborne transmission type of scenario, it scares us daily that no matter the never-ending details we do to keep ourselves protected, it worries us on a daily basis that there is always the possibility of becoming infected when we exercise great care to protect our own health.

And thanks for mentioning ~ocean that every three seconds another person dies from covid-19. That is super frightening.

I read somewhere recently that even when innoculations begin, that wearing a mask is something people might have to do for another 18 months or so.

I also read in our own local news coverage that they have been conducting trial studies down in southern Oregon (Moderna?) and that this developer of the vaccine has pretty good numbers in terms of addressing immunity by immunization. If Moderna vaccine proves to be the best course for immunization, I hope my own personal health clinic will give Moderna vaccine shots, when it becomes available.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #669
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

giuliani has covid he's been traveling to states w/ covid spreading the virus ~ he was exposed and did not quarantine himself ~ that should be illegal ...
Old 12-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #670
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Couldn't Happen to a Nicer Guy.

Rudy Guiliani tests positive for Covid
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 06:51 AM   #671
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, it's official. The smallest state has the biggest jerks and morons. Thanks to the cavalier idiots running amok here, Rhode Island leads the nation in average daily cases per 100k.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control says Rhode Island leads the nation for the number of average daily cases of the coronavirus per 100,000 people in the past seven days.

The CDC's COVID Data Tracker shows Rhode Island with 110.6 average daily cases per 100,000 people.

Minnesota and South Dakota are the only other states with rates above 100 average daily cases per 100,000.

The CDC said Connecticut's rate is 60.5 cases per 100,000 and that Massachusetts has a rate of 58.3 cases per 100,000.

Rhode Island on Monday entered the second week of a two-week "pause" that state officials hope will slow the spread of the coronavirus.

"It is not at all surprising, I have been up here warning week after week for a month and a half that this is what we were in for and, and therefore it's exactly what we expected. You shouldn't panic. You should take action. And that's exactly what I'm doing. That's exactly what we are doing. There's no purpose in panicking, this data is not good," Raimondo said Thursday at her weekly coronavirus briefing.

Rhode Island's daily positivity rate was 9.2% on Friday.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #672
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

It must be nice.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...FzadF5Zz7Jwmdo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #673
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Ellen Degeneres tested positive w/ coronavirus ~ she's taking a break till 2021 ~ good luck Ellen !
Old 12-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #674
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,162 Times in 5,132 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The boy and I are both feeling a little better. My friend/assistant has no symptoms except for feeling very tired. Hopefully that is all she will experience.

The boy's doctor told him that the severity of his symptoms is unlikely to get worse - that however a person experiences Covid symptoms, they are unlikely to add on more symptoms later.
My friend/assistant has developed a cough and headaches. The boy now has a mild case of pneumonia.

I guess his doctor was wrong.

I am the only one of us who is almost entirely better. I have a slight cough that won't quite go away.

Also, I don't quite understand the quarantine. I thought it was 14 days from the first day you experienced symptoms. But no, it seems they consider you positive until your symptoms are gone? Or maybe it's 14 days after your symptoms are over? I'll have to Google it.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #675
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,162 Times in 5,132 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't quite understand the quarantine . . . I'll have to Google it.
from the CDC website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...olation.html):

I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms
You can be around others after:

10 days since symptoms first appeared and
24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation​

Most people do not require testing to decide when they can be around others; however, if your healthcare provider recommends testing, they will let you know when you can resume being around others based on your test results.

Note that these recommendations do not apply to persons with severe COVID-19 or with severely weakened immune systems (immunocompromised). These persons should follow the guidance below for “I was severely ill with COVID-19 or have a severely weakened immune system (immunocompromised) due to a health condition or medication. When can I be around others?”

I was severely ill with COVID-19 or have a severely weakened immune system (immunocompromised) due to a health condition or medication. When can I be around others?
People who are severely ill with COVID-19 might need to stay home longer than 10 days and up to 20 days after symptoms first appeared. Persons who are severely immunocompromised may require testing to determine when they can be around others. Talk to your healthcare provider for more information. If testing is available in your community, it may be recommended by your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will let you know if you can resume being around other people based on the results of your testing.

Your doctor may work with an infectious disease expert or your local health department to determine whether testing will be necessary before you can be around others.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2020, 08:31 PM   #676
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Well, it's official. The smallest state has the biggest jerks and morons. Thanks to the cavalier idiots running amok here, Rhode Island leads the nation in average daily cases per 100k.

The CDC's COVID Data Tracker shows Rhode Island with 110.6 average daily cases per 100,000 people.

Rhode Island's daily positivity rate was 9.2% on Friday.
Well, we've gotten better at being the worst. It's now 123 positive cases per 100,000. We're followed by Indiana.

Also, more Americans died on Wednesday alone than in 9-11.

Think about that for a minute.

If Americans weren't so effin entitled, we could be like Australia or New Zealand and whip this thing but noooooo, stupid people have stupid parties and stupid people have big gatherings for the holidays and don't "like" wearing masks as if any of us do and governors and other political figures are caught breaking the oh, so basic rules themselves so of course their constituents aren't going to follow through and then there are the absolute idiotic morons that think it's a damn hoax or use their power and influence to push the irrational theory that it's really not all that bad. WTH, man. WTH.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #677
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

The richest country in the world still resists any kind of safety net for its most vulnerable, even providing the most basic things like food, healthcare, and shelter, things that people in other developed countries take for granted, are considered taboo in the US. God forbid we should help struggling human beings. The deeply held belief that people's misfortune is their own fault and they should have made better choices or decisions so they deserve what they get is entrenched in the collective psyche of the United States. I know it's a part of human nature and this kind of thinking is seen all over the world but it is the party line for Americans. It's a cruel place to stumble compared with other wealthy nations and because of the pandemic more people than ever are coming to grips with this reality.

The thing is people want to survive so they will find workarounds where they can.

https://jezebel.com/shoplifting-has-...sto-1845857621

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ifting-hunger/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #678
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Nancy Grace , her children (twins age 13 ) husband, and her mom , all have covid. Prayers for them all ~
Old 12-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #679
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default An Arizona doctor went viral decrying a lack of ICU beds. Then he says his hospital shut him out.

An Arizona doctor went viral decrying a lack of ICU beds. Then he says his hospital shut him out.

Cleavon Gilman, an emergency room doctor, moved in June from New York City to Yuma, Ariz., to help the rural community in its battle against the coronavirus. (Cleavon Gilman)

By Andrea Salcedo
Dec. 11, 2020 at 4:25 a.m. PST

Cleavon Gilman has worked through three coronavirus surges, but the emergency room doctor reached his breaking point on Nov. 22. The physician had just arrived at a Yuma, Ariz., hospital for a 12-hour shift, and soon realized the facility had nowhere to send three ICU patients.

So, he tweeted: “Just got to work and was notified there are no more ICU beds in the state of Arizona.”

The tweet swiftly went viral, helping to propel Gilman to such prominence that President-elect Joe Biden later called to thank him for his advocacy. The next day, though, he says the hospital told the third-party company that he works through that it didn’t want him to return. Gilman, 41, says he’s been kept out of work since Nov. 23.

“The hospital is intentionally hurting me financially for speaking out, and I’m not permitted to work,” Gilman told The Washington Post on Thursday.

The hospital, though, insists that Gilman hasn’t been fired and in fact is scheduled to return to the ER this weekend.

“It’s clear there has been a misunderstanding,” Shay Andres, a Yuma Regional Medical Center spokeswoman, said in an email statement early Friday. “While he is not speaking on behalf of YRMC, we respect Dr. Gilman’s right to share his personal perspective on the pandemic.”

Gilman, in response, said that is “news to me.”

The conflict in Yuma, first reported by the Arizona Republic, echoes claims by other health-care workers who say they’ve faced repercussions from employers for sounding alarms about the dire state of a pandemic that has killed more than 291,000 Americans.

In March, a Seattle hospital confirmed an emergency physician had been terminated for criticizing its ER precautions, which an official compared to “yelling fire in a crowded theater,” the Seattle Times reported. In May, a D.C. hospital employee filed a lawsuit alleging she lost her job after posting that the hospital did not have enough coronavirus safety precautions. The hospital said that the associate had not been terminated.

‘I have never felt so helpless’: Front-line workers confront loss
Gilman, an Iraq War veteran who served as a hospital corpsman with the U.S. Marine Corps in 2004, spent the first months of the pandemic treating patients as the chief ER resident at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He has given multiple interviews to national outlets including CNN and the New York Times, and was back in the spotlight last week when Biden called to tell him “how much he appreciates” the efforts of health-care workers like him.

During the months when New York City became the pandemic’s epicenter, Gilman spent up to three hours after his shifts documenting the disease in his blog. In June, Gilman, his fiancee and two children moved to Yuma to work at the hospital there.

Although Gilman had pushed through two coronavirus surges in New York and one peak in Arizona, the week before his Nov. 22 tweet, the physician says, the hospital had reached a dire point. He had intubated dozens of patients, and every shift, he said, he worried that at least two critically ill patients with covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, would die.

So when he got to the hospital the evening of Nov. 22 to find out it had run out of intensive care unit beds, Gilman took his frustrations to Twitter and posted the message in an act of “moral obligation,” he said. That night, the hospital was so full that he had to treat families infected with covid-19 in the waiting room. Back then, the Arizona Department of Health Services reported 90 percent of the state’s ICU beds were in use.

“I have a moral obligation to provide the general public with the truth,” he said. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I was sharing information.”

Gilman went to bed after finishing his shift at around 7 a.m. the next day. When he woke up, the physician, who has more than 85,000 followers on Twitter, said he received a call from Envision Healthcare, the medical group that hired him, telling him that the hospital was “upset” and “didn’t want me to come back,” Gilman told The Post.

Gilman said hospital administrators have not called or emailed him to tell him he cannot go back. “I let my company, Envision, try to negotiate with the hospital,” he added.

In a statement to The Post, Envision did not directly address Gilman’s claims, instead noting that the doctor has “continuously advocated for his patients and the health and safety of the Yuma community.” The company confirmed Gilman’s account to the Republic.

He has now missed five shifts at the hospital despite a shortage of health-care workers after several colleagues have tested positive for the virus since then, Gilman said. As of Friday, the state’s department of health services reported Yuma County had the highest rate of cases per 100,000 in the state. The hospital, which should have seen him as an ally, he said, has instead treated him as a threat.

But the hospital, in its statement, insisted it values Gilman’s role in the ER.
“This is an ‘all hands on deck’ moment, in our emergency department and thousands of others across the country,” Andres said. “We need good caregivers like Dr. Gilman here, serving patients at the bedside and providing the best care possible, and we are grateful for all of those who continue to do that on the frontline every day.”

Gilman is unsure now whether he will return to the hospital. In the meantime, he said he will continue tweeting and speaking to the media to raise awareness about the seriousness of the pandemic.

“People are still dying,” Gilman said. “I’m not going to be quiet because you have a problem with me telling the truth.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a-covid-fired/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #680
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's not just doctors and nurses and paramedical personnel who are on the front lines of Covid-19. There are people like Elsi Mabelica Campos (from El Salvador) who died from Covid-19, one week after contracting symptoms. She was the person in charge of keeping The Pew clean and free of any blemish or undiscovered germs on windows, glass panes, floors, any surface one might come into contact with.

Here is the story about her, which was published first in The Washington Post and then reposted on the MSN website news page:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/el...19/ar-BB1bOm8t

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: