Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default With My Own Two Hands

Reading the news this week - the state of things is getting to me. This song climbed into my head and kinda stuck there.

I am looking for some hope, I suppose. I want to believe in the words of this song.

Quote:
I can change the world with my own two hands
Make it a better place with my own two hands
Make it a kinder place with my own two hands

I can make peace on earth with my own two hands
I can clean up the earth with my own two hands
I can reach out to you with my own two hands

I'm gonna make it a brighter place with my own two hands
I'm gonna make it a safer place with my own two hands
I'm gonna make it a help the human race with my own two hands
What things do you do, what ideas do you have, what have you seen other individuals do (big or small) to affect the world in a positive way?

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Reading the news this week - the state of things is getting to me. This song climbed into my head and kinda stuck there.

I am looking for some hope, I suppose. I want to believe in the words of this song.

What things do you do, what ideas do you have, what have you seen other individuals do (big or small) to affect the world in a positive way?
I am an eternal optimist, glass half full kind of person. I wholeheartedly believe the words in that song. Being part of a faith based community is where I see and do a lot of what the song is talking about.

Just holding my child with my own two hands makes the world a brighter place.

My faith gives me a framework to act on things big and small that I see as problems in the world. As a Jew I have a whole list of mitzvahs or commandements that I must fufill every day, whenever I encounter the opportunity. That is what motivates me.

I don't think you need any kind of religious practice though. This is just what works for me.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
okieblu56

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

okieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputationokieblu56 Has the BEST Reputation

Love this song, by the way, thanks for posting it as I had no idea who it was by. I know it from the PBS adds.

I'm not really an optimist. I always expect the worst from people. BUT, I also truly believe that things can change for the better. Which is why I was an activist in the past. I took along time off, but have just very recently gotten active in my local lgbtq community. Lasting change requires all of us acting together to bring it about.

I hope that, once I'm back in good standing with my union-I kinda fell to the wayside on my dues-I can become active as an union organizer too. We need unions so badly here.
Leigh
okieblu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to okieblu56 For This Useful Post: