Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
Outlaw

How Do You Identify?:
Cocksure
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cotton Candy Swami
Relationship Status:
Loved and Loving

Outlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST ReputationOutlaw Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
since this is stumach surgery, no foods that will cause bloating should be eaten...

I am glad you all suggested a juicer. I will look for one.

Ensure? mmmm...when I was working with the HIV coalitions, we gave out ensure. It tasted like crap, they said. Has it changed any? Are there any flavors better than others?

Ensure tastes better with ice, lots and lots of ice, I would add crushed ice or even put a can in the freezer to make it as cold as possible without freezing!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,622 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I did get a blender/food processor from someone on freecycle!

Yeah my Dr said I will lose weight. And the tummy roll I have had for a couple years (that came on suddenly) will also disappear. Its caused by my hernia. No wonder now matter how much I exercised,I couldnt get rid of it. People kept telling me my body was changing because I was getting older. Not so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I had my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks (it's a good story....laughin.......) and I have to tell you............a blender and a juicer will save your life. Everything I ate had to be sucked through a straw. I actually had Thanksgiving dinner through a straw.......turkey, dressing, taters, cranberry sauce and gravy blended smoothly and sucked through a straw. It was tasty!!!!

I did loose about 25-30 lbs...which I did not have to loose. I could not get enough calories in my system.....I was 26yrs old, a jock and could eat enormous amounts of food (think 16 yr old boy) and never gain weight....and I'm still that way.

So get a blender and a juicer.........and remember you need protein every day.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #23
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

oh if you ever get a juicer get a breville ? is that right? its only 89.00 and I went through a few before finding this. It has a container to hold and cover but honestly you should drink juice as soon as its ready to get the benefits.

I'm sure you have tons of stuff you can juice in your garden. Green tomatoes are great juiced and healthy, juice sweet potatos, greens anything.

Honestly if I had to do this and wanted to heal I would not put any processed chemical based drinks in my mouth. If you can have more then clear liquids just make your shake, use soy milk, fresh raw organic eggs, fruit, black strap molasses, maybe hemp oil and hemp seed or protein, all stuff you can buy cheap, natural.

more later
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #24
ComparedToWhom

How Do You Identify?:
oh geez, a box... if I must, I"ll go with GeNdErQuEeR (100% all-natural, organic)
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care as long as it's said respectfully
Relationship Status:
Rolling solo

Location: On the road/trail (see pic)... refuel in the Valley of the Sun (AZ)
ComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST Reputation

I, too, had my jaws wired+additional surgeries due to an athletic injury when I was younger and lived off a liquid diet for over 4 months (and continued to compete in my sport at that!). You CAN eat a balanced diet as just about anything can be liquefied. Since I have the metabolism of a hummingbird I consume a significant amount of calories via shakes on a daily basis. In fact, I begin everyday with a shake that includes milk, fruit, protein powder, lots of steel cut oatmeal, sometimes even high fiber cereal thrown in if needed. As far as protein specifics, I'd suggest obtaining both Whey and Casein if your doc allows, as well as stocking your fridge with no-salt cottage cheese. I can't stand cc by itself but I eat cups of it everyday blended in my shakes (I know, sound gross, but blends & tastes great, especially with flavored protein powder). I say no-salt since regular CC is loaded with sodium. I'd also suggest adding Blackstrap Molasses (again, if doc allows) as it's loaded with vitamins, particularly iron, which is something that can be challenging to get on a liquid diet. Best of wishes to you and hope all goes well!
ComparedToWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComparedToWhom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #25
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
since this is stumach surgery, no foods that will cause bloating should be eaten...

I am glad you all suggested a juicer. I will look for one.

Ensure? mmmm...when I was working with the HIV coalitions, we gave out ensure. It tasted like crap, they said. Has it changed any? Are there any flavors better than others?

My Mom LOVED the strawberries and cream flavor, and I drink one when I wake up with low blood sugar and they aren't half bad. Buy the store brand though...less money, tastes the same.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #26
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I had surgery that required me to stay on liquids, then mushy stuff for a few weeks.

The blender didn't cut it for me - I missed having stuff I liked to taste.

So I eBay'd and found voila

Best 30.00 I ever spent. You can pulverize almost everything into mushy yummmmmmy goodness with this lol

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #27
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,622 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Iwill post it on freecycle and see if I can nab one! Thanks Abbie!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #28
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Softness,
Found this link for non solid food for post gastric bypass surgery, it's oretty detailed.

http://www.coastalobesity.com/redesi...ric_bypass.asp

Also for protein, when I was on a low carb diet, I drank slim-fast low-carb drinks (NOT the protein drink, the low carb drink) 20 grams of protein per drink which I personally found delicious.
Good luck and speedy recovery
Smooches,
Keri

PS Adkins also has a low carb drink with 15 grams of protein, but they caused me a lot of gas and other stomach distress (plus they have an after taste that stays with you all day) The slim fast caused me none of these problems.
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #29
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with White Tigress. If you can have yogurt then definitely go with the Greek yogurts made by Fage or Dannon. The Yoplait version is not the same - they added milk protein concentrate, kosher gelatin, vitamin A acetate and vitamin D3. Also it has 100 cal, 10g carbs and only 14g protein in a 6oz cup.

The Fage and Dannon are just the milk and cultures with no additives. Fage Total 0% Plain has 90 ca, 15g protein, 6.7g carbs in a 6oz cup. It's very good but pricey - about $1.59 - $1.99 each depending on the store (Target and Trader Joe's having the lowest prices). The Dannon Plain has 80 cal, 15 g protein and 6g carbs in a 5.3 oz cup. It runs between $1 and $1.29 each here - the lowest price found at WalMart.

Flavour wise - Fage is not as tart as the Dannon. Both are very good. The Dannon tastes pretty much like their regular plain yogurt. Both brands have flavoured versions too but watch out for the added sugars.

I have had a container for breakfast every morning since late October 2007. Doesn't sound like much but it really stays with me - I don't get hungry until right before lunch and my blood sugar doesn't crash like it used to.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote