Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #41
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Working in retail, I have found there will always be someone who is unhappy with something.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #42
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
What would you eat first?
A baby or a puppy?

It is truly amazing how far off topic these threads can go.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #43
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondrose View Post
Working in retail, I have found there will always be someone who is unhappy with something.
No shit.....
Old 04-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #44
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
What would you eat first?
A baby or a puppy?

<scarcasm/kidding> The kid. He's covered in chocolate and I hate coughing up hairballs

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #45
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I loved bringing dogs to work, until someone brought theirs in after hours and left it unsupervised....

The dog (they said it was a dog, I suspect a large horse) left a huge fecal deposit in the lobby which I did not see until after our General Manager stepped in it and tracked it down the hall. he was furious!

I ended up not only having to clean it up (since no one took responsibility till the next day), but I had to write a memo to entire company about the "unfortunate fecal incident in the lobby" which now meant no one could bring their pets in to work.

Generally though, I do prefer animals to people.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #46
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I just signed up to do foster care with a local non profit who takes the dogs out of our kill shelter/pound and socializes, vets and trains them, all ready for a family of their own.

This poor girl is one of their recent cases. If any of you can help, please do...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16261026
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #47
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I would draw the line at bringing pets to your place of employment, just like I don't think people should bring their children to work. It's distracting and makes you less productive.

If there was a Chocolate Lab in my office I would -never- get anything done because I'd be too busy giving headscratchies and saying things like "you've got nice armpits! you've got nice armpits! yes you do!"
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #48
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I say yes bring dogs ad long as you supervise them and leave the kids at HOME.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #49
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Adele needed to give three choices:

1. Babies
2. Puppies
3. Kittens <---June's choice for who would be eaten first.

Oh. Am I off topic?

</end Disingenuous Smile>
Nah. But I would expect a lesbian to be a bit more amenable to pussy. But, what do I know.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #50
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Wait. Are we eating the things we like most or least first?

I would eat all three at the same time in a stir-fry. But just the feet. I only want to eat the feet - since that is the cutest part of all babies (animal and human).
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #51
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Nah. But I would expect a lesbian to be a bit more amenable to pussy. But, what do I know.

Wow dude you are on a roll today

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #52
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
<scarcasm/kidding> The kid. He's covered in chocolate and I hate coughing up hairballs
yeah. so that is not chocolate.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #53
VuDu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a Wicked Twist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trouble Maker
Relationship Status:
My heart is my own

VuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST ReputationVuDu Has the BEST Reputation

An estimated 15% of the population is allergic to pet dander. Of that number, 1/3 have a pet in their household. (AHS)

As a "scentsative" person, I can understand the stance of keeping your pets at home due to allergies. Pet dander is one of the leading causes of chronic asthma. I am allergic to both cats and dogs yet I am owned by 4 beautiful dogs and 2 weird ass cats. I willingly take responsibility for waking up every morning with itchy eyes, a semi-closed airway, having to take pills, nasal spray, etc because my pets are my family. I will vacuum every day/wash bed sheets EOD, etc because that is what family does (insert heart smilie here).

That being said... I am a stickler about pet hair being in places that have food. I don't really want to see your dog in a restaurant or a grocery store that I frequent, but don't mind seeing one in Home Depot, Micheal's, B&N, etc. They make any number of people smile, crouch down and talk in baby talk as well as generally look silly. To me, they are people's children so yes, they will treat them much the same as human ones.

I know that I have an allergy. Knowing is half the battle. I say, take a wide bearth around the animal and bring your meds.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #54
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm one of those people who would rather work with a room full of Gracie's than the chip-cruncher, the lady with the REALLY loud and annoying cell phone jingle, and the "burper".

Oh, and my dog pees outside and not all over the seat in the women's bathroom.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #55
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I'm one of those people who would rather work with a room full of Gracie's than the chip-cruncher, the lady with the REALLY loud and annoying cell phone jingle, and the "burper".

Oh, and my dog pees outside and not all over the seat in the women's bathroom.
My dogs pee outside instead of all over the toilet seat and floor and perhaps a wall or 2 in the mens room at the warehouse ......

I love to bring My dogs to work One at a time of coarse
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #56
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Certified service dogs are coming to mind.... people that use them do like to eat out sometimes... I've trained and used therapy dogs in my practice. I also used one of my therapy boxers while coaching people going for their state board clinical oral exams. An amazing anti-anxiety, calming tool! But, the dog always got the thank you card after they passed and were licensed!

I'm a pet person and take responsibility for my pooch when out and about. He does need to have manners and if someone could have an asthma attack around him, I would leave him home.

However, I find that I just avoid non-pet people at this time of my life. I don't date anyone that dislikes animals (re: my profile). Why would I put myself through that? No one is that wonderful. Also, I was with a partner that didn't like dogs (she liked cats), and I never will be again. Too stressful. My dog is family and so are my cats. And I have a very clean and tidy home. Investing in a Sebo vacuum cleaner was one of the best things I have ever done!

OK, Kobi… I said oral exam up there…..

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:42 AM   #57
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

when my hylda was still alive, we went to several pet friendly places. i lived in chicago at the time...she went to the dog beach, several sidewalk cafes where we had brunch, and a couple of neighborhood bars that allowed dogs too. even at wrigley field...the cubs have an annual bring your dog to the park day. she sat in the seat next to me and watched the game with me. it was great.

chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #58
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

So strange. I guess it is because I know my son is grown, and responsible and makes a good living and able to take good care of himself and his family that my main concern is about things like "What to do with my fur-kids while I have joint replacement surgeries?" (long recovery times and I need four of them!). And I think about dying and making sure I have things written out about their placement and care (or the pets of my future).

LOL, you have no idea how many times I tell my son- "You have to promise you will take care of Ranocchio (my little Frog Dog, Frenchie) and take the cats to Linda (my niece who loves cats)". He gives me a bad time and says... "See, you love them more than me!" But, I know he will do these things. He is a dog lover and has 2 sweet Labs.

I am someone that has spent all of my working life in working with people and in education- all "people jobs and careers." Yet, at this time in my life, I honesly like fur-people over humans most of the time! I have less and less patience with people! Sure, my dearest friends and family, I adore. But, being with my fur-sons is best! There is no way that I will even date a woman that doesn't love both dogs and cats. Don't care how supa' she is! No pet adoration, no date!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #59
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Being from Chi-town, I have also been to the dogbeach, bark in the park, outside cafe's, pet parades, etc. Heh.. even at Cubs park where they let my dog Thor try out for outfielder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
when my hylda was still alive, we went to several pet friendly places. i lived in chicago at the time...she went to the dog beach, several sidewalk cafes where we had brunch, and a couple of neighborhood bars that allowed dogs too. even at wrigley field...the cubs have an annual bring your dog to the park day. she sat in the seat next to me and watched the game with me. it was great.

Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #60
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I live in NJ and we have some dog parks around but if you want to rent it is hard to find a pet friendly place. I have two dogs so I don't know where to move. I know that Flroida is pet friendly everywhere I looked took dogs apartments that is I don't know about houses yet. Still looking for jobs in florida before I move there!!

Hope everyone finds a good place for their pet to take along with!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post: