Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #241
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

the grand opening was more than I ever hoped for! We had tons of customers and sold lots of clothes and so many people made appts to bring in clothes to consign! People loved the shop, and promised to come back again and bring friends with them! From teens to eldery ladies, they all came. I was so proud of my store!

My sister and my niece came for support. Bless their hearts. I couldnt have done this without my family and friends who have been there for me. Including this forum! I will be posting photos later, of the incredible art work the Scrapbooking thread folks made for the store. It says "you are so beautiful" and I have it across the bannisters in the back, so that when people walk in, they see the sign greeting them. Its LOVELY!

I am home, feet up, relaxing. I am BEAT. LOL. But I am so tickled that my store is finally opened!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #242
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I ran across these.......thought they were sweet....but the name of the ad campaign caused me to post them here

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat...-campaign.html
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #243
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm starting to really embrace my size, its a slow process but I'm gonna get there no matter how long it takes me

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #244
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

it happened again. And older woman came into my store and after she had touched (and I mean that..touched, not gone through) three racks, she turned to me with tears in her eyes and said "I am so glad you are here"

this astounds me every time.

It also astounds me when I ask women what size they are, so i can help them look, sometimes their faces change, like I just insulted them. I asked them for a number. Not if they had masturbated that morning. But I might as well have! Fear, anger, shame, fierce self protectiveness from cruelty....man it all races across their face. I have learned to hold their eyes and smile...softly...not too much because then it becomes obscene. A soft smile with soft eyes, as tho to say "ease up missus, I mean you no harm"

and sure enough, they ease up. They realize they are safe to say that number out loud. No one is going to laugh. Or taunt. Or sneer. Nor shame.

I watch as people pass by my window display where it is written what sizes we carry. Women sometimes stop in, but sometimes, I see the look change from curious, to that innate sense of fight or flight and they run...women who are obviously plus size. These women, I figure, are so out of body, they cannot even conceive of being seen reading a plus size store window....I could be misreading them but I have seen this occur several times. They turn tail and run away...

I had a dog and her owner come into the store today. Her missus didnt want to come in but I beckoned her. I need to keep a treat bowl for pups in the store!

Some children came in with mom, and they were SO EXCITED I had a play area. And were so good..they picked up after themselves. Mom was SO EXCITED she could shop without kids whining they were bored. I did good!

I had a steady flow of customers all day. My biggest fear was I would create this shop and no one would come. And the people coming, are coming in from very little advertising. Just wait until I get more marketing out there!

Life...is good.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #245
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a lurker in this thread. I'm not considered fat, but like many women I just have body image issues. And this thread for me is more than just embracing the fact that you are fat and that there is nothing wrong with it. To me it inspires me to accept and embrace my own body, with it's many "flaws" whatever they may be. So thank you to all of you confident BBW.

Miss Tia, best of luck to you and your store. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and the community is happy to have you.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #246
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Thanks, Beloved! You and anyone, whether thin or fat or whatever size, are very welcome here to lurk or post! I just wanted to carve out a little space where someone could go to get some body positive energy and support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
I am a lurker in this thread. I'm not considered fat, but like many women I just have body image issues. And this thread for me is more than just embracing the fact that you are fat and that there is nothing wrong with it. To me it inspires me to accept and embrace my own body, with it's many "flaws" whatever they may be. So thank you to all of you confident BBW.

Miss Tia, best of luck to you and your store. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself and the community is happy to have you.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #247
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

One of my favorite artists is Jan Saudek. I love his unapologetic embrace of women's "flaws." Not sure if this image will work but:

In the same way that a scar can be seen as sexy, so too can a roll of fat or a body that has unusual proportions.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #248
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.starling-fitness.com/arch...and-beautiful/

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #249
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Okay the guy who writes this is just weird and supportive in that back handed arched eyebrow sort of way......

this is Beth Ditto .....not the author of Nibbly Pig

http://nibblypig.wordpress.com/2009/...-and-1-dd-cup/

Last edited by nycfem; 07-21-2012 at 08:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #250
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Default found this interesting, too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #251
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved

Welcome to the thread Beloved,

I truly don't think that this is just for celebrating people of size, but celebrating people as a whole. Far too often our society places beauty in the context of size, making alot of us think that being skinny/slim etc is the key to being beautiful ~ of course the rest of us know better, but when we are inundated with images of thin women and people believe that those pics are the end all be all of beauty it gets frustrating. Its about time that society begin to embrace all of its imperfections ~ if God wanted us all to be skinny then he'd have made us that way, but he didn't so I believe that we are all who we are for a very good reason ........... lets all remember to embrace ourselves, love ourselves however we look and know that we are worth being valued as human beings

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #252
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Wow, LWF, this was great! I would love to do roly poly kissagrams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #253
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Wow, LWF, this was great! I would love to do roly poly kissagrams

I am sure you would be great at it!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #254
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Love the main woman in this segment!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH1tlbAgE5U&feature=related"]Fat Acceptance Part 1 - YouTube[/nomedia]
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #255
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Love all the confidence, energy, and fun in this. It's all about not putting life on hold and learning to love oneself!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0fZvC581tc&feature=related"]Fox 11 Special Report: Done with Dieting - YouTube[/nomedia]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #256
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Default Have you all seen this? especially 2:15

Old 08-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #257
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Love this, LWF! OutKast sings another favorite mine: Ms. Jackson (can never get the tune out of my head!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #258
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Feminism, weight, and the Olympics!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fat-fit...HRlc3QD;_ylv=3
Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #259
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats Tia!

I had hurt my shoulder so I was mostly offline for a while.

I am back!

Thank you all so much. I am still trying to learn to love my size and feel sexy in this body, it's hard for me.

I appreciate you all.. and you all inspire me. Bless you.

Am watching the youtubes. *waves to everyone*

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #260
sharonsuburbia

How Do You Identify?:
femme

sharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputation

can a thinnish feme plop down here?
sharonsuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharonsuburbia For This Useful Post: