Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-17-2016, 01:46 AM   #2901
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I walked quite a bit today, for probably about 4 hours, before I went to my Al-anon meeting. I'm guessing that I walked about 3 or 4 miles, just sorting out things in my mind, kind of wandering, while window shopping, between lots of the downtown area at home.

As far as gym type of work outs, I've actually got a pass to work out at an gym that we have on campus. I go about three times a month, which isn't often, but when I do go, I usually sit in on a group yoga class, then do some additional stretches on my yoga mat. I tried the recumbent bicycle thingy and I didn't last too long. Mostly because I would rather just go for a long walk around town, like I did today, and stop off for treats at a bistro or cafe.

One thing I plan to work into my exercise rituals is to sign up for swimming yoga..... or is it called water ballet? I love to swim and I hope to add that kind of exercise to my cachet of activities, as soon as the weather improves.

I have been cautious with types of exercise lately because I gave not felt too good lately --- sometimes exercise helps me to deal with stressful life stuff and yet other times it stresses me out more if I exercise too much. I have noticed though that if I make a concentrated effort to breathe deeply while exercising that it helps with lowering my stress levels.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #2902
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I repeated the scenario from last week. My cat sitter/old college roommate/Hope came by after her pilates class, so thus I got up and got dressed, and we walked for an hour in Central Park. Then she wisely went on her way, while I stayed and got lost in a sleet storm (Well, that part didn't happen last week.). Story of my life!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #2903
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A good tug-o-war walk with the 100 lb dog.
4 miles rowing.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #2904
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Finally been back to the treadmill this week. Fourth time today of about 40 minutes. I've been putting it on a healthy incline too! I hope to keep it up now that I've gotten over the barrier of actually starting again!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2016, 06:05 AM   #2905
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

For those thinking about getting or updating their fitness trackers, here are 2016's best gadgets.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #2906
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Off work today so was able to get a nice work-out in: 1 hr 15 min on the stair master,level 3, 565 cal., 182 floors, 2.4 floors per minute. Then 15 minutes of weight lifting and ab/leg exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
For those thinking about getting or updating their fitness trackers, here are 2016's best gadgets.
So what does everyone use or recommend? I used a fitbit for about a week and while it was interesting to see how many steps I took, it just felt like another thing to charge. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2016, 07:07 PM   #2907
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got to shovel snow today.

wee

I also set a training appointment for 6 something tomorrow morning.

Why, oh why, did I do that?

My next appointment after that is for Saturday and we're scheduled for several inches of snow so I'm thinking that one won't happen. My lil car is a Southern car. Neither she nor I enjoy driving in the snow. People are stupid and careless here.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #2908
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Brrrr...it was chilly going this morning!

But I did it anyway.

I warmed up on an elliptical for a couple of minutes (16 cal, .09 mi) and then had a 30 minute torture session.....er, I mean I had a personal training session.

I did get him to stop with the damn cables for core work. I felt it was too easy for me to do it incorrectly plus I just don't like that exercise.

Medicine ball twists and planks are far more my style anyway.

After that, I spent some time on another elliptical and then stretched in the dark dance room. Sooo relaxing.

Precor EFX576i, total body program.

163.7 cal, 1.37 mi, 20:00 min

I've showered, eaten, did some chores and stretched some more but I can definitely feel my workout in my shoulders right now. I'm not going to bed without taking a couple of Aleve if I expect to move in the morning. I've got to haul some 50lb bags around tomorrow too.

yipee

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #2909
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Off work today so was able to get a nice work-out in: 1 hr 15 min on the stair master,level 3, 565 cal., 182 floors, 2.4 floors per minute. Then 15 minutes of weight lifting and ab/leg exercises.

So what does everyone use or recommend? I used a fitbit for about a week and while it was interesting to see how many steps I took, it just felt like another thing to charge. Maybe I'll go back to it at some point.
I've gone through a love/hate relationship with my fitbit Charge HR(I affectionately call it the fit-bitch or nit-wit). I like tracking the heart rate on my workouts and over time so I can see progress with peak and sustained workout HR. Not sure if that's worth a hill of beans, but I like tracking it. My mom and I have steps challenges and she kicks my butt in steps, but I walk more flights of stairs 10-fold. Overall, it's been a decent motivator for both of us. It also helped me make my sleep patterns more consistent for better energy and mood.

Just my .02. I'd love to hear about other gadgets, too and what folks like most about them.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #2910
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Turns out my local Sam's Club is closing for good soon. This is where I get my ice melt from so I picked some bags up today while I was there. That is to be known as workout #2 aka eat my shorts, you stupid bags of grainy crap.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #2911
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

what does it tell you about your sleep? how does that element work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I've gone through a love/hate relationship with my fitbit Charge HR(I affectionately call it the fit-bitch or nit-wit). I like tracking the heart rate on my workouts and over time so I can see progress with peak and sustained workout HR. Not sure if that's worth a hill of beans, but I like tracking it. My mom and I have steps challenges and she kicks my butt in steps, but I walk more flights of stairs 10-fold. Overall, it's been a decent motivator for both of us. It also helped me make my sleep patterns more consistent for better energy and mood.

Just my .02. I'd love to hear about other gadgets, too and what folks like most about them.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #2912
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I was sooo tired after work but made it into the gym: Stairmaster 45 minutes, level 3, 350 cal, 113 floors, 2.4 floors per minute. Followed by: 15 minutes stretching and light ab/leg exercises on the mat.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 08:53 PM   #2913
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

4 mile row. And I think I spent half the shivering. I'm considering that exercise. It's flippin' freezing and windy and crazy here!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #2914
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
what does it tell you about your sleep? how does that element work?
I think it's based on heart rate decrease and movement, but once I sync it with the app on my phone it shows a graph of what time I go to sleep, restless or awake periods throughout the night, how long I sleep, and when I wake. It's pretty generic information I think.

So based on that info, I've set a "bedtime" routine to be more consistent, and also tried to get in a consistent amount of sleep each night. Sometimes that's easier said than done. But I do notice a difference in my daily energy and mood when I'm more consistent with sleep.

Before this nit-wit I never would have suspected that that would have an impact.

The downside - is that when I roll over in bed, if the little light/sensor thingie is not firm on my wrist the darn thing shines in my eye and wakes me up.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:31 AM   #2915
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

There's a contraption that will monitor your sleeping patterns and will wake you at the lightest part of your REM, making you less groggy and more energetic during the day.

Sleep is definitely the first step to making it safely (and without committing any felonies) through the next day.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #2916
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna be stuck at home today.

So I'll be turning up some loud fast music and going to town on the punching bag.
Will do push-ups too.
And sit ups.

(Undecided what else)
Old 01-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #2917
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Upper body workout is still off limits, so today will be lower body and some core after PT. It will be a good day.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #2918
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone used a Bowflex Treadclimber or Max trainer? I'm debating buying one of them and just not sure which one I want. Thought I'd see if any of you had opinions.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #2919
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
Has anyone used a Bowflex Treadclimber or Max trainer? I'm debating buying one of them and just not sure which one I want. Thought I'd see if any of you had opinions.
Nope. Have you already compared reviews on Amazon, Google and Yelp?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #2920
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Nope. Have you already compared reviews on Amazon, Google and Yelp?
AND consumer reports if you have a membership?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights