Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #1101
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did 1 hr and 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer. I watched/listened to some Miley Cyrus videos (I think I have Wrecking Ball memorized.). I like good girls gone bad even if it only means lasciviously sticking your tongue out, cutting your hair short, and getting sexy with big stuffed animals. I also watched the reality show Shahs of Sunset which I kind of love: a gay guy, Reza, who I've become attached to and curvy dark Semetic women with big asses and fierce personalities.

Then I did 45 minutes of weight lifting, planks, and yoga in silence.

I socialized a bit with the less likable of my locker room girlfriends, Samantha. She's such a complainer. Today she said, "Don't you hate when people leave their stuff all over the floor?" Well, yes, I suppose I do hate it except when it's me.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 01-19-2014 at 05:40 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #1102
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today's events

Back at the gym, the Universe paid me to work out today. I found a cool quarter left in the drink holder of the same treadmill I was on yesterday. Score!

Two boys in their late teens to early 20s decided to jump off the treadmills next to me without wiping them off, which squicks me to no end.

When I was in WA and using the Y near me, I would go for a few weeks and then get sick and then get better and come back and work out for a couple of weeks and then get sick and then come back....rinse, lather, repeat....until I realized that there were quite a number of people that did not wipe the machines off when they were finished working out. Once I started wiping the machines off before and after my workouts, I fell ill far less. Lesson learned and easy enough to counter but it still sets my teeth on edge when people are not considerate of others in the gym.
So, I made sure to tell the lovely older couple who got on those machines shortly afterwards that they had not been wiped down and they did so before they worked out.

They proceeded to run me into the ground.

I love it when people surprise me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #1103
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Three hours of full court basketball games at the school I work at where some of us get together with the kids on the weekends now and then and come up with some fun physical activity. It was such a great time, moments to remember

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #1104
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

1 hr Arc Trainer / 30 minutes weight lifting and yoga

I'm getting over a pulled something in my back, so I had to take it all slow and make sure I didn't do anything at all that would further strain my back.

How do I... ?
Old 01-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #1105
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I'v been tracking my food again, thank goodness, and I've been getting to the gym for water fitness a few times a week.

My arms and legs and tush are sore almost all the time, but I'm feeling way less puffy and uncomfortable.

:waterlogged:
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #1106
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I watched a new episode of Mad Men with headphones while I used the exercycle in my apartment.

That's 55 minutes of alternating intense and less-intense pedaling. I'm drenched when I get off the bike. It's a great workout, a self-customized spin class.

I watch a digital clock and change the pace one or two minutes at a time. That's a great way to maximize the impact to the heart.

Also, I stand on the pedals at times, and since there are foot straps (wide leather ones with fake fur inside!—the bike was my dad's and it's about 50 years old if you can believe that!), I exert effort on the pull-up as well as the push-down motion.

Usually, afterwards I do some stretching, yoga and free weights, but I haven't been getting enough sleep this week and my energy wasn't as good as it usually is, so I skipped it last night.

Since I got back from my last visit to see my dad, who is in the last stages of his illness, and learned I have high cholesterol (a new development), I've really focused on exercise.

I've worked out every day for about two weeks straight. In a week I fly back down to see him again. I'll probably jog while I'm there, maybe go to the local gym if they'll cut me a deal for the week.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #1107
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Today my mom had another stroke. She's ambulatory, speaking, and making choices that are not in her best interest; refusing to get more care in place for my dad—though the long-term-care policy has been activated and all it would take is a phone call—insisting instead on rushing home tomorrow morning when they release her, to clean up after his night of vomiting, because his organs are shutting down.

I called and tried to strong-arm him over the phone to get someone there himself, and he argued that he didn't need help, then said he'd call me in half an hour and tell me what he'd decided.

He did call, in exactly half an hour, but hadn't gotten through to the agency. I think he was too confused to pull it off. I asked for the number but he wouldn't give it to me.

Anyway I have a ticket to fly out there on Saturday and my sister is probably going out there in the next few days.

And after the phone calls I got on my exercycle and watched the season 4 finale to Mad Men.

Fifty-five minutes of really pushing myself; heart-pounding, sweating cycling.

Then I did a little work with the free weights on a mat in my livingroom, and then I changed out of my sweaty clothes and put on a baby blue Lanz Christmas flannel night gown, and now I'm having a mug of hot chocolate and watching a movie.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #1108
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Ginger, really sad to hear of all the stress with your parents. I keep thinking how that bike was your dad's and how I hope it's meaningful to have that connection.

Today I did two hours on the Arc Trainer (level 10, strength program) and then an hour of weight lifting and yoga. I still have a pulled muscle in my back, so I have to pick only exercises that heal and strengthen and none that aggravate. I miss my routine but at the same time it's getting me to try out new things, to leave my comfort zone. There's a regular at the gym in a wheelchair and with one leg only, and he's an inspiration in that there is always a way to enjoy and benefit from movement.

How do I... ?
Old 02-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #1109
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation
Default *huff

One hour on stationary bike every day or the treadmill. As well as shoveling snow for an hour and a half. Bleeech!

When I was a bit younger, I ran 4 miles to work. Rode my bike to the gym at lunch where I lifted and swam for a couple of hours. As a younger gal, played tennis up to 6 hours a day and carried my bag for 18 holes of golf.

Youth is wasted on the young? Nah

Have a good workout everyone!
Happy_Go_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy_Go_Lucky For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #1110
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I wen't outside to enjoy the 70* day,then played some basket ball for an hour ,when I finely caught my breath I got a few tennis balls to play pitch with the fur kids.I promiss it gave me more exersise with all the running,throwing the ball not to mention the bending over a lot of time to get the ball.
I am back on the Adkins plan and have lost 2 1/2 pounds last week.I talked to a nutritionist then she said for me to get as high as 150 carbs a day,that's about right for three meals plus a snack,but I am keeping it at 62 to 75 carbs a day max so that is working for me just fine.Also I picked up a couple of boxes of the Adkins candy bars to snack on if I wan't something sweet,on the box it says 2net carbs on the front but on the back it says 18 carbs per bar...confusing... whatever the plan is working.I tried the zero plan but I just need more than a zero carb plan as I didn't feel well.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #1111
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Ginger, really sad to hear of all the stress with your parents. I keep thinking how that bike was your dad's and how I hope it's meaningful to have that connection.

Thanks for noticing that, nycfem. It's true, the bike is part of the legacy he's leaving me, and I think of him every time I use it.

Right now my priority is staying healthy, rested and sober. I had signed up for a Meetup for tomorrow night but I'm canceling because I want to stick with a few trusted old friends. New people feel like to much to handle now.

Working out every day is already making me more toned and stronger. I feel like I'm preparing for battle but really I'm getting through a battle. I tell myself I'm trying to be strong enough to care for the people who need me now but really I'm working out a lot because I'm afraid of being weak, myself, with no one to take care of me. This is all making me kind of scared.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #1112
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Today I ordered Shaun T's "Rockin' Body" dance dvds. I feel like I need something fun to look forward to. Hiking is pretty much going to come to an end between hunting season and winter...so I need something I can do indoors.
The plus side for me is that it teaches dance steps...I started taking dance lessons at age 4. I rather like the idea of dance and exercise combined...dancing is actually excellent brain work too!
I got expedited shipping, so hopefully I will let y'all know how it goes sooner than later...
I prefer to do my cardio like this too. I ordered the Hip Hop Abs and have yet to get it started! I think this week is looking good for that! How do you like your videos? I'll be starting this workout real soon after I research to combine it with some other workouts that include mountain climbers, planks, abs, push-ups, and a diet that is mostly protein, fresh fruits and veggies. That is what my exercise experience is gonna be this year. I'll also be doing stairs/steps and running preferably outside but some treadmill and fitness bike also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o222Good View Post
Here is a question for everybody!

What kind of music to you listen to, if you do,
when you're working out?

For me, it is different for cardio and lifting.

For cardio, I listen to Pandora. "A Medley of Irish Fiddle Tunes"
Really keeps me going!
For weight training it's Rock. A Jersey Shore station that is
also on the web Rat Radio!
This really keeps me in the mental zone!

Funny how different they are...!
I love my ipod when I'm working out in the gym and running. I like motivation type music like Eminem's Lose yourself, Kanye's Stronger, and personal type music for reflection like Phil Collins, Michael Buble, and Rock and Punk Rock for the fast beat. When I'm doing abs or planks I usually don't listen to anything.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #1113
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm in back Yoga every Monday and love it. Every Tuesday I'm back in beginner Tai Chi cuz it's been a while.
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #1114
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

How are you enjoying the Tai Chi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbean View Post
I'm in back Yoga every Monday and love it. Every Tuesday I'm back in beginner Tai Chi cuz it's been a while.

How do I... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #1115
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I took a personal day from work because my childhood friend Lisa from Ohio is visiting this weekend for her work, so I wanted to spend the day with her.

I suggested we go to the gym. She knows I'm somewhat (cough, cough) rigid or quirky in my interests, since we've been friends since kindergarten. She said that she'd take a class. She's flexible like that. She then said, "But then we should go get manicures." I said, "Can I stay at the gym while you get a manicure?" She rolled her eyes, and said, "Whatever."

I only have a few precious free guest passes, so she generously offered to sneak in to the gym, and it worked. She went off to take her class, and I did my Arc Trainer for an hour (Level 10, Strength Program), then 30 minutes of the Stair Master, and an hour of weight lifting and yoga. It was so much more relaxing than going to work.

Then I called her on my cell phone to see where she was at the gym, and she said, "I'm in the dress section at Century 21. Meet me there. Now it's payback time, and you have to come in the dressing room and watch me try on clothes." I think our friendship works because she doesn't get resentful of me. She gets even. I didn't dare disobey her orders.

Tomorrow morning we are going to play basketball with the students from my school.

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #1116
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
How are you enjoying the Tai Chi?
Well...I'm used to a combination of seated Chi Kung or Qigong. We would sit on the floor on our exercise mats for an hour and do seated moves, breathing and meditation. Then the next hour we'd work on the moves..which I think were short form.

I'm in long form and it's heavily focused on the 108(?) moves. We stand the entire time (2 hours) which is hard on me.

Comparing the two types is like comparing an apple to an orange. What I like about any Tai Chi is the mental release/relaxation I gain from just focusing in on one thing intensely.

The Yoga I'm in to strengthen my back is new to me. I've only had water Yoga before. It's been a delightful surprise.

Buttah
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #1117
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Mother Nature has given me quite the workout over the past few months with winter and all the snow and ice we've gotten. As I type this, my shoulder and back muscles are still a bit tender. I found a new tool for breaking up large chunks of frozen snow....a hammer.

Hammer, hammer, flip it over and use the claw, shovel, shovel, shovel.

Oy.

It's not fun but it definitely burns calories and vents frustration. I have one more day before a day off from work. Tomorrow makes 10 days in a row of this stuff. I'm so ready for Spring!

I did hear a lone bird chirping up a storm this afternoon, though. That gives me hope.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 03:07 AM   #1118
batennisboy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
In love with the fuzzy yellow objects of my affection.

batennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputationbatennisboy Has the BEST Reputation
Default This isn't working...new plan!

I give up. This new job and everything else is making it too difficult to continue to be able to do the 3-hr workouts. I've tried and tried and it's just too nuts. Have to adjust. Going to try splitting things up and see how it goes.
batennisboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to batennisboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #1119
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batennisboy View Post
I give up. This new job and everything else is making it too difficult to continue to be able to do the 3-hr workouts. I've tried and tried and it's just too nuts. Have to adjust. Going to try splitting things up and see how it goes.

The Mayo CLinic recommends 150 aerobic or 75 intense aerobic, and two sessions of strength training a week. Which makes like 30 minutes of exercise a day.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/exercise/e...s/faq-20057916

I don't know if people consider them a good source or what your fitness goals are, but I think if you check around, three hours a day is way over what most sources recommend.

It's so fun to exercise, and feels so good, I wish we all could do three hours a day. I wish I could too. I understand your frustration.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #1120
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My fiance Sharon gave me a Fitbit 1 for Christmas. I have been
using it to track my activity apart from my regular exercise.
So, I average 6,000 to 8,000 steps a day, and to my surprise,
I average walking UP 15 to 20 flights of stairs a day! Oh, but
this is while I am working and not on the weekends.
I can also see that I definitely do not sleep enough and I don't
drink enough water.
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights