Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 03-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #281
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I loved this helpful hint in the Globe and Mail ( our National newspaper ):

At his home in rural Manitoba, Dave MacDonald, president and lead survival instructor with the International Canadian School of Survival, has enough food stored to feed his family of four adults, four dogs and two cats throughout the winter.

Each fall, he fills his deep freezer with around 300 to 400 pounds of wild meat, some of which he slices thinly and preserves by drying. He keeps about 50 pounds of white rice and another 50 pounds of wild rice in grain bags, which he stores in high, dry areas around his house safe from pests. He also keeps onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots and other root vegetables covered in dry sand inside plastic tote containers."

He'll survive while they find my body lying in the grocery store aisle with my hand clutching the frozen veggie freezer door. Empty BTW.

I'm also trying to find "dry sand" here in Canada. I'm going to raid the construction site across the street once it gets dark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #282
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I'm also trying to find "dry sand" here in Canada. I'm going to raid the construction site across the street once it gets dark.
You can also try Home Depot or Lowe's or whatever the Canadian equivalent is.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #283
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
i like the Governor of NY...i think he's an Independant?...He's very conservative and obviously argumentative..but that doesn't bother me because he's honest...just gives it to you cold..i respect that even though i may not like what you're telling me..if only he were President, i'd feel a lot more confident things will eventually get better...
It's funny that you think Cuomo is very conservative. He calls himself a progressive! As Homoe wrote, he's a Democrat. I think he's more of a centrist within the democratic spectrum. He certainly likes to govern from the center by pitting the Republicans against the Democrats and holding the whole thing together by strength of will and, well, bullying everyone to get his way while they're distracted and fighting with the other team. He's known as a master manipulator.

Politics, especially in NY State, can be truly bizarre. Our NY State legislature has been consistently ranked as the least functional in the US. Until the last election, that is, when we voters finally had enough and threw most of the bums out. Now we're getting some really great things done, and Cuomo gets to claim credit even though he quietly abetted that gridlock for his first two terms while it suited his needs.

Those of us who have tangled with Cuomo's administration know him as a difficult control freak. He's well respected for the way he knows how to get 'er done, but not at all respected by good government groups. Even those who respect him the most don't particularly like him.

But all off the above made Cuomo THE IDEAL leader for NY during this crisis! Even those of us who wanted to pillory him just last month LOVE Andrew Cuomo right now. He's decisive, forceful, and he isn't afraid to make tough choices. He knows how to use the media, and he doesn't hold back. We see him fighting for us, and it's glorious. So, yeah. Politics and politicians are always complicated.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #284
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

President Donald Trump on Thursday once again said the nation’s governors should be “doing more” to combat the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and not rely so heavily on the federal government for help.

He claimed most governors “have been fantastic,” but then took a few potshots at Washington’s Jay Inslee (D) and Michigan’s Gretchen Whitmer (D), whose name he either forgot or simply didn’t want to mention.

I'm betting he doesn't even know her name!

As for our Governor Inslee, I think he's shot himself in the foot! When dealing with such a petty and vindictive personality like Trump, perhaps it's best to suck it up, as hard as that might be, and keep quiet! Remember you catch more bees with honey than vinegar!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 09:48 AM   #285
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

I feel like i am in the twilight zone. I wanna say that i cant believe trump is acting so oblivious to this outbreak, then I remember its trump. A zebra doesn't change its stripes. Then I hear Lt. Gov of Texas Dan Patrick say that he and other elderly are willing to die to save this economy. WTF!? Is he volunteering his parents? My mom is 83 and I can tell you this...she doesn't want to die of this virus. It took some time and talking, but she has finally grasped the severity of this virus and is staying home. What I do find interesting is...her views of trump and fox news. She no longer watches Fox News to get her info..she now watches CNN...she listens to trump ( she also voted for trump) BUT to get the real info she watches Gov. Cuomo and has stated that he does such a better job than trump at getting out the info. Trump's glaring shortcomings are so much more obvious in his lack of handling of this disaster. How anyone can say he is doing a good job is beyond me. Thank god for Dr Fousi!!!
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 10:20 AM   #286
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #287
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Governor of Michigan tweet reply........

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
President Donald Trump on Thursday once again said the nation’s governors should be “doing more” to combat the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and not rely so heavily on the federal government for help.

He claimed most governors “have been fantastic,” but then took a few potshots at Washington’s Jay Inslee (D) and Michigan’s Gretchen Whitmer (D), whose name he either forgot or simply didn’t want to mention.

I'm betting he doesn't even know her name!

As for our Governor Inslee, I think he's shot himself in the foot! When dealing with such a petty and vindictive personality like Trump, perhaps it's best to suck it up, as hard as that might be, and keep quiet! Remember you catch more bees with honey than vinegar!
Hi, my name is Gretchen Whitmer, and that governor is me ��

"I've asked repeatedly and respectfully for help. We need it. No more political attacks, just PPEs, ventilators, N95 masks, test kits. You said you stand with Michigan — prove it".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #288
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If you're one of the many that lost your job and are depending on help..

Meet the congressman who tried to derail the coronavirus bill.

Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky

PLEASE remember his name when he's up for re-election
Old 03-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #289
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Hi, my name is Gretchen Whitmer, and that governor is me ��

"I've asked repeatedly and respectfully for help. We need it. No more political attacks, just PPEs, ventilators, N95 masks, test kits. You said you stand with Michigan — prove it".
Trump’s willingness to punish a state’s residents amid a pandemic over a feud with a governor appeared evident in a statement at his press briefing Friday. The president said he had instructed Vice President Mike Pence, who heads up the president’s coronavirus task force, not to call the governors of Washington or Michigan. The two states have among the highest number of coronavirus cases in the nation, and Michigan is experiencing a dramatic spike in cases from 350 a week ago to nearly 3,000 Friday.

“I say, ‘Mike, don’t call ... the woman in Michigan. It doesn’t make any difference what happens,’” Trump said.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #290
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

What is it about Kentucky?! They need to stop tipping the bourbon. Mitch McConnell, Paul Rand, Thomas Massie....gives a whole new meaning to drinking the Kool-Aid.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 10:10 AM   #291
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

don't forget Rosemary Clooney.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #292
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
don't forget Rosemary Clooney.
LOL I can deal with a drunk singer....but those laying down the law need to sober up.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #293
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Next time you're wondering if you can get hold of hydroxychloroquine, see if a double gin and tonic might work.

The Brits figured that quinine water (tonic) would help agst malaria in "the Colonies".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #294
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

8 months.......8 months.

We've got 8 months until we can get a new LEADER/POTUS in the White House to take the wheel of this car that is careening towards the ditch.

Until then.....

~Theo~
Old 03-28-2020, 02:04 PM   #295
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

It's a mystery:
Seems recent "polls" show Trump's "approval ratings " going up...particularly his handing of the pandemic. One of the polls showed he had a 97% approval rating amongst Republicans. Only thing I can imagine is that a lot of Republicans have switched parties ( but probably not ).

BTW, I'm going to remove that "signature" below. It just isn't true. There are some men that you just can't help but despise completely.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #296
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
What is it about Kentucky?! They need to stop tipping the bourbon. Mitch McConnell, Paul Rand, Thomas Massie....gives a whole new meaning to drinking the Kool-Aid.

....AMEN!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #297
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump approves Michigan disaster declaration after war of words with governor

Quote:

The White House approved Michigan’s request for an emergency declaration Saturday, after a week of contentious public feuding between President Donald Trump and the state's governor over measures to combat the coronavirus.

The squabble between Trump and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, which has played out across Twitter, cable news and radio airwaves, has been one of several conflicts simmering between Trump and governors who have criticized the federal response to the pandemic — and then seen Trump return fire online or in his press briefings.

I wonder if he'd approve Washington's should we need it?
When it came to Michigan, Trumped only refereed to Whitmer as "that woman" but he's came right out and called Inslee a snake!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #298
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
The White House approved Michigan’s request for an emergency declaration Saturday, after a week of contentious public feuding between President Donald Trump and the state's governor over measures to combat the coronavirus.

The squabble between Trump and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, which has played out across Twitter, cable news and radio airwaves, has been one of several conflicts simmering between Trump and governors who have criticized the federal response to the pandemic — and then seen Trump return fire online or in his press briefings.

I wonder if he'd approve Washington's should we need it?
When it came to Michigan, Trumped only refereed to Whitmer as "that woman" but he's came right out and called Inslee a snake!
They just need to remember that they're dealing with a "malignant narcissist".

He was allowed to walk away, scot free, from being held accountable for his inexcusable, anti-American, treasonous, illegal and contemptuous actions following impeachment. Now there's nothing we can do to try to contain the damage that has been done and continues, other than to bide our time until we, The People, can remove him in November (although his stupid ass will be able to sit in the Oval Office until January 20, 2021).

I put this ALL squarely at the doorstep of Mitch McConnell and the Senate GOP members.

Every. Stinkin'. Last. Bit. Of. It.

As for tRump's followers, I found this. It's interesting.

~Theo~
Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #299
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

White House COVID-19 Briefings Are Beating ‘The Bachelor’ In Ratings, President Trump Boasts

There was good news and bad news emanating from the White House on Sunday. First, the bad news: a deadly pandemic is apparently gaining steam and killing more Americans. The good news? The ratings for President Donald Trump’s near-daily briefings are beating The Bachelor and Monday Night Football, at least according to a boastful series of tweets from the Commander-in-Chief. “Because the “‘ratings’ of my News Conferences etc. are so high, ‘Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers’ according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY,” Trump tweeted. He added, “Numbers are continuing to rise…” but didn’t clarify if he meant deaths or his ratings.

What President in their right mind would bring up ratings at a time like this!?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 04:11 PM   #300
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

If I heard him right tonight during his address, Trump just learned that there are 151 countries in the world. How in Hell did this ignorant ignorant person become President of the United States.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote