Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #281
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Yes it’s really great. Also see the keepers if you haven’t.
Keepers is great. Medusa thanks for mentioning Wild, Wild Country. All I pretty much watch is docs. I start on a series and then find myself jumping back to docs.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2018, 11:16 PM   #282
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

306 Hollywood (2018)

When two siblings undertake an archaeological excavation of their late grandmother's house, they embark on a magical-realist journey in search of what life remains in the objects we leave behind.

I really can't claim this is my favorite documentary as its not been released yet nor have i saw it but I do love the concept!

The "going through" possessions of the dearly departed always creeps me out a bit! When I "go" I don't want anyone digging through my stuff or god forbid fighting over it! Perhaps that is why I have always and will always remain a minimalist!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #283
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,924 Times in 9,906 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ray Charles | Royal Festival Hall (London, England -1986)

This documentary is an interview with Ray Charles and the concert he performed in London, England. He talks about his life and career as an artist.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 04:11 PM   #284
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Everyone at work is talking about the Netflix documentary "Wild Wild Country" about the utopian cult in Oregon from years ago.
I'm not much for tv but it's been a while since I turned mine on and this looks like a decent doc!
Has anyone else seen it yet?
i saw it, and WOW. Just wow.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #285
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Favy depends on topic. The one that I saw recently and still has me going... damn ... is...

Saving Capitalism ... based on Robert Reich's book of the same name.

"Robert Reich, the Former Secretary of Labor of the United States, examines America’s fragile democracy and its fight for survival; as income and wealth go to the top, more Americans are left behind. Now it’s up to those ordinary Americans to change the rules."

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #286
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I watched this on HBO last night. It's powerful to say the least!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #287
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I have not yet seen this personally but this is going to be closing the Tribeca Film Festival this year. The 2018 Tribeca Film Festival will begin on Wednesday, April 18 and ends on Sunday, April 29. The film-fest opens with the documentary Love, Gilda based on the life of Gilda Radner.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 AM   #288
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 04-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #289
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Here lately I have been studying Russian history. In order to better understand world happenings and the impact history has had on our national and international dynamics, my focus has been on the Russian Revolution of 1917-18 and the overthrow of the last Tsar and European autocracy.

There are, quite literally, dozens of great documentaries on YouTube regarding not only the Revolution, but also the lives of the family and executions/murders of the last of the Romanov dynasty. I would heartily recommend these to anyone who, like me, is curious about Russian culture and politics.

~Theo~
Old 04-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #290
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up One Strange Rock 2018

Just finished watching first episode called "Gasp" of this National Geographic documentary series, most excellent - awesome, beautiful and really interesting.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #291
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Rotten on Netflix.............

Rotten, a new documentary series about corruption in the food world, is sure to spark some strong reactions. Created by Zero Point Zero Production, the team that works with Anthony Bourdain on Parts Unknown, these six hour-long episodes feature a number of farmers, fishermen, scientists, and doctors shedding light on the surprising and at times downright disgusting ways that common foodstuffs are brought to market.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #292
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sicko by Michael Moore

This medical documentary has to be on of my favorites. Moore has done a few others that are well worth seeing.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #293
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #294
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stacey Dooley

I`m not sure how accessible world wide these documentaries are, most have been aired on BBC channels but they are definitely worth a look if you are able. I will give you a warning many are not for the faint hearted so please check out the subject topics to avoid triggers. Stacey is an investigative journalist, 31 years old, fresh faced and slight built who is by no means afraid to question and challenge people on their activities and beliefs often to a level where you can be quite afraid for her, she is quite fearless. She champions women and children's causes around the world covering subjects such as former women captives fighting ISIS, child sexual exploitation in Japan and disappearances of indigenous women in Canada. Powerful, informative and thought provoking. Highly recommended.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #295
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 04-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #296
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

"What the Health?", got me back on my vegan diet + no processed foods this week and I feel so much better. More energy, no more fatigue, no more achiness.

A great film.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #297
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Can't believe I forgot this one... it's excellent! It's a Sundance film festival winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i saw it, and WOW. Just wow.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 04:00 PM   #298
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

I have not yet seen this personally but this is going to be closing the Tribeca Film Festival this year. The 2018 Tribeca Film Festival will begin on Wednesday, April 18 and ends on Sunday, April 29. The film-fest opens with the documentary Love, Gilda based on the life of Gilda Radner.
This starts on Showtime May 27th as a 4-Episode Docuseries From Oscar® Nominated Filmmaker Liz Garbus.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #299
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
This starts on Showtime May 27th as a 4-Episode Docuseries From Oscar® Nominated Filmmaker Liz Garbus.
Thanks for the reminder. I really wanted to watch it but forgot to schedule it.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #300
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Is anyone watching The Final Year?

It is an account of the foreign policy team and the State Department staff inner workings in Obama's last year in office and it choked me up watching Obama and his staff.

I saw it on Monday the 21st on HBO. I checked and there are multiple showings this week.

HBO also has an upcoming documentary next Monday night on the life of John McCain.

I don't mind saying that watching the previews choked me up, too.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: