Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
This one is cooking now, thanks for the recipe
You're welcome.....tell me how it comes out. It'll be like a review to the recipe.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
it's tasty too. Here's a fav of mine

Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients 6 green sweet peppers
1/2 medium onion
1 pound lean ground sirloin
1 cup minute rice uncooked
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (low moisture, part skim) (4 ounces)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 16-oz can tomato sauce

Method
Wash green peppers and cut tops off. Clean out seeds from inside of peppers. In medium bowl combine beef, rice, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper,8oz of the tomato sauce, and cheese. Mix well. Scoop mixture evenly into the six peppers. Lightly coat the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray for easy cleanup. Place the filled peppers in the slow cooker. Pour the remainder of the tomato sauce evenly over the peppers. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low-heat setting or 3 to 4 hours on

Sounds great, but I can't try it because bell peppers and my stomach fight each other.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 01-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #23
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Okay..as the non-cook of this group, I do own a crock pot. As da friend WolfyOne knows I do not cook....so, I must share a bachelor story.

I was told by a femme with great intentions that crock pot cooking is easy...I could put stuff in before going to work and come home to a wonderful meal.

I bought a crock pot during football season several years ago.

I personally have used it ONCE.. On a Sunday during football, I I put a corned beef brisket in the thing.
I looked in on it and saw boiling blood.. *** and ..well, it has been in the way back of the cupboard ever since...

I can say that the above are making me want to reach in and give it one more try.
Tommi, my buddy, as long as you learn when to use high and when to use low, you'll do fine. I personally have faith in your ability to follow directions. Just don't do it during a football game. Start with what's easiest and go from there. Once you've turned the cooker down to low, you're good to go for many hours.....just don't forget it.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #24
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Ok, I'm going to sound like a freak, but eh...

When I was 15, our house burned down. So, now I'm kind of afraid to leave stuff just cooking in my house while I'm not there. Are crock pots safe? What if you don't put enough water/liquid in? Will it get too hot and catch the house on fire? Do they shut themselves off if they get too hot or something?

I mean, I would hate it if a pot roast burned my house down.

Do I Need To Get Renter's Insurance Before I Get A Crock Pot?,
Dylan
crockpots are really safe--but i can understand the fear, *not* having lived through that experience. what i would do is use your pot during the day while you're around--tile counter, nothing around it and no dogs/animals can get to it--first be around to see just how hot it gets, the outside does get warm but usually the pot will have 'feet' on it so that no heat touches any surface, ever... plus, the way that pots cook, they don't 'dry' up or you'd have to leave it on for a couple of days before you'd get something 'burned', that's my guess anyway, i've never had a pot burn anything and i've left it alone at least 10 hours, probably more--the only time it ever *dried* more than i liked was once when i made beans/chili and i didn't add enough water, so the bottom was 'good' while the top/surface had a crust of hard/uncooked beans--but still, no danger or house fire. --you're not the only one with this concern so i had to speak to this.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #25
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:

When I was 15, our house burned down. So, now I'm kind of afraid to leave stuff just cooking in my house while I'm not there. Are crock pots safe? What if you don't put enough water/liquid in? Will it get too hot and catch the house on fire? Do they shut themselves off if they get too hot or something?

Dylan

I've never had a cooker run out of liquid. I really don't know how hot they get, but I've never had one catch fire. I don't even know if they have a shut off if they get too hot. I usually use mine on weekends when I'm home doing other chores and am too lazy to cook. You know like football season. I'm hoping someone else will come and post and be able to set you at ease.....I know, I know, I'm a bad friend without answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #26
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Sounds great, but I can't try it because bell peppers and my stomach fight each other.
try using yellow or orange peppers, seriously. The green ones mess me up too. I don't know why
Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #27
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
You're welcome.....tell me how it comes out. It'll be like a review to the recipe.
pulled pork turned out wonderful it's tender and tasty two thumbs up.
Side note to Dylan
most new crocks have timers and a overheat shut off, my new one does.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #28
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
pulled pork turned out wonderful it's tender and tasty two thumbs up.
Side note to Dylan
most new crocks have timers and a overheat shut off, my new one does.

Must go run into the kitchen and look at my cooker.....never noticed timers or shut offs, but then again, I wasn't looking for any.

Thanks for the 2 thumbs up on the pulled pork recipe.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #29
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

Update: the pot roast was delicious, the potatoes and carrots were perfect. Definitely will get something other than a chuck roast next time...I swear this one was half fat.
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #30
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDivina View Post
Update: the pot roast was delicious, the potatoes and carrots were perfect. Definitely will get something other than a chuck roast next time...I swear this one was half fat.

I usually buy chuck roast for the crock, but I trim off excess fat before cooking because I want to use the gravy with my meal. I never put veggies in with my roast. I think it takes longer to cook. I do, however, make mashed potatoes to go with it. When I'm peeling potatoes, I always peel one sweet potato to add to the white. Gives a whole new flavor to mashed taters

Old 01-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #31
Ursy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Ursy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST ReputationUrsy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Dylan
I'm kinda paranoid too. I never used to be, but I caught it off my sweetie (who never leaves *anything* going when he leaves the house, and in fact makes a point of unplugging the kettle every time we go out)

I still use my crock pot when I'm home, but when I'm not, I use my thermal cookers - they are like really big, really effective thermoses (what's the plural? I don't know) and still work on the slow cooking principle but they aren't plugged in, they just cook the food with retained heat, which is wonderfully environmentally friendly and energy effiicent.

I loved it so much I started a livejournal community about it. It's mostly deaded, but there's some good introductory info there if you're interested in the concept.

http://community.livejournal.com/thermal_cooking/
Ursy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ursy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Dylan
Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
crockpots are really safe--but i can understand the fear, *not* having lived through that experience. what i would do is use your pot during the day while you're around--tile counter, nothing around it and no dogs/animals can get to it--first be around to see just how hot it gets, the outside does get warm but usually the pot will have 'feet' on it so that no heat touches any surface, ever... plus, the way that pots cook, they don't 'dry' up or you'd have to leave it on for a couple of days before you'd get something 'burned', that's my guess anyway, i've never had a pot burn anything and i've left it alone at least 10 hours, probably more--the only time it ever *dried* more than i liked was once when i made beans/chili and i didn't add enough water, so the bottom was 'good' while the top/surface had a crust of hard/uncooked beans--but still, no danger or house fire. --you're not the only one with this concern so i had to speak to this.
Hey, Dylan.

No worries. Apretty's right. Every one I've seen has 'feet' or knobs or something that keeps it off of the surface of what you have it on. You leave the lid on, so as it cooks, condensation builds up and trickles down onto the food (making it less likely to dry out, although you do have add some sort of liquid at some point). As for shutting itself off, some do and some don't. Look for one with an 'auto' feature. Most have a simple off, low, and high button or switch or knob.

Soups are super easy and a good way to get your 'crockpot' feet under you and clean out your fridge in the process! I just made one today with turkey bacon, navy and pinto beans, onions, potatoes, garlic, celery, radishes, peppers, and spices. I heated the bacon with half the onion in a pan on the stove to get some carmelization (read: extra yummy flavor) going on. I let the beans soak in the pot overnight and then dumped the water and any floating beans before adding the rest. I added just enough water to cover the top of everything and that was it. It was cooked on high for almost 5 hours and smells divine. It will be supper tonight.

Also, most pots come with good directions and sometimes even a few recipes to get you going. Happy crockpotting!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #33
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tonight we had

Beef Stroganoff

2 pounds beef stew meat
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of golden mushroom soup
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup
1 jar (6 ounces) Green Giant sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
6 cups hot cooked noodles or rice

1. In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
3. Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #34
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Here's one that will satisfy the laziest of cooks. It was passed on to us by hubby's Mom and is a family favorite of ours. All four of my kids love it.

My crock pot sits on top of the stand and can be used also as a pan on the stove, so heres what I do.

1)Take out enough frozen chicken pieces to satisfy your brood. Put them in the crock pot. (turn the base on so it gets hot)
2)Add one or two TBS of whatever oil you prefer.
3)On the stove, sear till somewhat browned (with some cut up onions.)
4)Sprinkle on garlic and whatever spices you like.
5)Put the pot back on the base and dump a can of tomato sauce, or two cups of your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce, plus one cup water over the chicken.
(NOTE: If you are really pressed for time, just throw the chicken in the pan frozen, add the cut up onions, spices and sauce, turn it on high, put the lid on and run out the door - it still tastes great when you get home.)
6)Cover and cook on low all day while you are gone to work (or on high for 3-4 hours while you are home)
7)Ten minutes before you are ready to eat, drain a can of peas and dump them in the pot, stir it up a little and put the lid back on.
8)Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.

Yumm!
Smooches
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #35
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default the best mashed potatoes in the world

1 potato for each person you are cooking for, plus one more "for the pot." Wash the potatoes before boiling.

1) Cover potatoes with water (one inch over the top of the potatoes) and boil in pot with lid on until well done (a fork goes easily 1/2 way in to the potato.)
Note: Don't turn the heat off until you are ready to mash them because they get "funny" if you allow them to cool much before mashing.
2) Drain the potatoes. If you are going to mash them in the cooking pot (like I do), make sure there is not a bunch of residue on the sides of the pan. If there is, wipe it out before you mash.
3) add 1 TB butter/margarine for each potato (I said the best, not the lowest calorie, LOL)
4) Whip with a hand or stand mixer set very low till potatoes are pretty well mashed and stuff has stopped flying around. Gradually turn up speed till they are well whipped.
5) Turn speed down to very low and gradually add evaporated milk. (regular milk will work, but I like evap milk for anythin I want creamy.) Add mile till you have reached the consistency you like.
6) Put in a bowl, put a pat of butter/margarine on top, and serve.

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #36
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is also easy......have a good can opener!

VEGETARIAN CHILI

2 cans chopped, diced tomatoes (canned for chili)
1 small can tomato sauce + 1 small can water
1 can kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 T. chili powder (or to taste)
1 tsp. cumin
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and sliced (You may question that in chili, but it sure is purdy!)

Saute shallots garlic in olive oil and throw in a warmed crock pot. Add other ingredients, stir well and cook at least 6 hours on low, stirring (and tasting) often. You may need to add more water throughout the course of the 6 hours.

It is pure yumminess......and if You're not vegetarian, then brown a lb of ground sirloin and throw it in there.

Top with shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream & serve with a tossed salad and cornbread.

You will be ever so popular!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #37
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
This is also easy......have a good can opener!

VEGETARIAN CHILI

2 cans chopped, diced tomatoes (canned for chili)
1 small can tomato sauce + 1 small can water
1 can kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 T. chili powder (or to taste)
1 tsp. cumin
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and sliced (You may question that in chili, but it sure is purdy!)

Saute shallots garlic in olive oil and throw in a warmed crock pot. Add other ingredients, stir well and cook at least 6 hours on low, stirring (and tasting) often. You may need to add more water throughout the course of the 6 hours.

It is pure yumminess......and if You're not vegetarian, then brown a lb of ground sirloin and throw it in there.

Top with shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream & serve with a tossed salad and cornbread.

You will be ever so popular!

I'm only missing the shallots. All the other items are staples in my house, so must try soon......must go out and get good electric can opener, too.

Thank you for sharing

Old 01-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #38
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Tip for Dylan. Turn it on when you get home and if necessary let it cook all night. Stick it in the fridge before you go to work or if you wake in the night check it and if it is finished cooking turn it off and it will be cooled down by morning and you can put it in the fridge. However I will leave mine on low while I'm gone to work and I am terrified of fire.

I actually got a slow cooker cookbook for Christmas but haven't used it yet.

Turkey Breast or Whole chicken breast face down.
Season with whatever tastes you like
Pour in a can of COKE
Cook on high
YUMMY and MOIST

Mom does a crock pot cake I'll have to check on that
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #39
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

This is something from my personal website. I first made it in 1998. Here's what I said about it on my site:

"This is something I threw together one morning when I was rushed for time. I had to get to work and start dinner in the crockpot. I had just bought a new bottle of V-8 Spicey Hot{tm} so it was on my mind when I opened the fridge. This is what happened next!"

Arwen's Bloody Mary Chicken

• 2 chicken breasts (huge suckers)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup V-8 juice (spicy)
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • dash celery seed
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 dashes Tabasco
  • 1 sm can mushrooms, drained
Put it all in the crockpot and stirred it. Set it on low for 6-8 hours. The chicken was incredible! Have rice with it for the gravy this makes! I use breasts on the bone. You can throw a few more in but you will want to increase the V-8 by 1/2 cup per 2 chicken breasts. If you do boneless, skinless, then I'd probably do 2-4 chicken breasts with 1/2 cup of V-8.

And you do need the spicy in my opinion. To complete this, just have a green salad and maybe some cornbread or biscuits.

Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #40
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post

Mom does a crock pot cake I'll have to check on that

I'll look forward to seeing this recipe.