Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #41
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Default hurry up they are going fast!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hostess-Twin...item484bb2703f
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #42
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow RIP MOTHER FUCKER!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #43
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
That is the funniest thing ever!!!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #44
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey.. if I rob that grave, I may be able to live on that twinkie for years.... just trying to be practical here lol.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #45
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
People don't bake anymore.

I think that's sadder than losing a bunch of crap that's chock full or corn syrup, preservatives and dyes.
Just invalidate our feelings of loss why don't ya.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #46
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Just invalidate our feelings of loss why don't ya.
Really though, I haven't had any of these baked goods in years since they are so horrible for you. I just am sad about the end of an era. Plus, my childhood dog was named Twinkie (actually she wasn't named AFTER the Twinkie, but it still was her name).

I have had one or two Kandy Kakes in the last 5 years or so, and fortunately they are made by TastyKakes.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #47
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Mexicans eat Marinela, we don't need the Hostess

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #48
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
I said the same thing......
Moonpies?? Really??? The world will NEVER be the same......
MoonPies are made by Chattanooga Bakery and as far I can tell from my Google search Hostess is not their owner just a competitor...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #49
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Even tho it's been a while since I had a twinke,and longer still it looks like,a twinkie I will shurley miss.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #50
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
MoonPies are made by Chattanooga Bakery and as far I can tell from my Google search Hostess is not their owner just a competitor...

Tis true, although their Distributorship was entangled along with many
other smaller brand names in order to beef the deliveries and in
turn...the Outlets were then delivered those products by the
drivers once those products rendered the end of their
'grocery store' shelf life and will get their last chance
to be eaten thru the Outlets.

Some of those smaller brands will suffer without
the distribution center powers of the late Hostess brand.

I wanted to add that I do not condone the practices of Big Company
mentality, not at all. If you're gonna run an American icon
Company like a buncha cream filled Asshats, eventually
you're going to be exposed for it and your shelf life
will...expire. There are still many good people
with the monetary means to pick up where
they expired and renew the Brands
and run the Company all proper.

I'm a Dreamer like that.

I was reading something yesterday that pointed towards conversation
the Ladies of the Outlet were having over the inner company
animosity toward 'some' of the employees who they said
would not '...just back off a bit'. That made sense to
me when I read this part from CNN Money pages:

Quote:
At least 5,000 of the laid-off workers worked in food production and were represented by the Bakers Union.
Related: The end of Hostess
Nationwide, the entire food manufacturing industry has yet to gain back all the jobs lost in the recession, but the industry has been adding about 1,400 jobs a month over the last year.
Another 6,700 Hostess workers were represented by the Teamsters, a union that was sharply critical of the Bakers' decision to strike. Those jobs largely include truckers, many who both transported and sold Hostess products.
It's just sad, but I do believe this Brand may be strong enough to
garner the sympathies of some Philanthropic genius who grew
up on Zingers and still secretly bought and stashed
Twinkies for the Zombiepocalypse.

u huh.

"Sometimes it doesn’t matter who started the fire, what matters
is…that we all take part in putting it out."

~ DW ~

Last edited by Daywalker; 11-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daywalker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #51
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Oh, and this cracked me the fuck up
in a sad sick twisted kinda way.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #52
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Talking I bet the GOP blames Gansito

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #53
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #54
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post

Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #55
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post

I shared this on Facebbok and mah Mommy
was the first one to click like.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Rise and Fall of The Twinkie

They started out back in 1930, an era when people actually paid attention to seasonality in foods.

James A. Dewar, who worked at Hostess predecessor Continental Baking Company in Schiller, Ill., wanted to find a way to use the bakery's shortbread pans year round. The shortbread was filled with strawberries, but strawberries were only available for a few weeks a year.

So he used the oblong pans to bake spongecakes, which he then filled with banana cream. Bananas were a more regular crop.

Twinkies once contained real fruit. Twinkies were created because of seasonality.

Then, World War II hit and rationing meant — say it with me — Yes! We have no bananas. And so was born the vanilla cream Twinkie, which was vastly more popular anyway.

Even then, there was a crafted element to these treats. The filling was added by hand using a foot pedal-powered pump. Pump too hard and the Twinkies exploded.

It was around this time that American food culture did an about face. It was an era when the industrialization and processing of cheap food wasn't just desired, it was glorified. Cans and chemicals could set you free.

Twinkies are the prototypical indestructible junk food. It was the sort of height to which American technological ingenuity could go to create a product that was almost entirely artificial, but gave the appearance of eclairs."

When Twinkies signed on as a sponsor of the "Howdy Doody" show during the 1950s, their cultural legacy was sealed. Taglines such as "The snacks with a snack in the middle" began etching themselves into generations of young minds and it was considered perfectly fine that Twinkie the Kid would lasso and drag children before stuffing his sugar bombs in their faces.

Sure, not all the attention was positive. Somewhere along the line, Twinkies became the butt of jokes, mostly about their perceived longevity (though Hostess staunchly maintains 25 days is the max). And not all associations were great. The so-called "Twinkie defense" came out of the 1979 murder trial of Dan White, whose lawyers included his junk food obsession among the evidence of his supposed altered state of mind.

Then something happened. Suddenly, Americans who for decades had been tone deaf to how food was produced suddenly started paying attention. Suddenly, products, that had so prospered by their artificiality, lost their allure. Even Hostess, has acknowledged that consumer concern about health and food quality changed the game.

http://news.yahoo.com/happens-twinki...--finance.html

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #57
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Ok I just realized this means my hostess lemon pie is in jeopardy.
This is not acceptable. Lemon pies are not that easy to find.

Anyone know how to make a lemon pie?

Koby..try copycat.com.. I know they have a recipe for twinkies... maybe they have one for the lemon pies... worth a try.
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #58
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #59
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Angry

Well, yanno, eventually, the truth comes out. Always blaming the little guy when it's the ones making the most money that are sending it into the pit. Very interesting article... sad and disturbing trend!

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...esss-downfall/

sigh..
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruthie14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #60
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie14 View Post
Well, yanno, eventually, the truth comes out. Always blaming the little guy when it's the ones making the most money that are sending it into the pit. Very interesting article... sad and disturbing trend!

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...esss-downfall/

sigh..

But I think this is an old trend.

No big surprise

The last minute scramble to stock the nest eggs of
those at the top before shutting the lights down.

But again, I personally just wanna see a Ho-Ho Hero
put the light back on properly now.

And give those folks their jobs back.