Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #101
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

For anyone that loves "Broadway" one of the best experiences, next to actually going to the theatre, is to visit Maria's Crisis, a tiny little piano bar on Grove St in the West Village.

You'll get to sing-a-long with any ( and I do mean ANY) show tune you can come up with. I don't think anyone has ever stumped the piano player. The place is super friendly and unpretentious.

As one review says:
“But, oh, it's heaven on earth in a dingy basement piano bar.”

Next to taking in the "East Side Tenement Tour" this is the best thing to do in NYC (after going to the theatre , of course)
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #102
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I recently read an excellent review of the re-vamped version of The Color Purple in the New Yorker Magazine! They couldn't say enough good things about it AND if that wasn't enough, yesterday on the View even Whoopie gave it a rave!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #103
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago View Post
bumping this thread
I grew up in NYC and have in my collection a little over 200 playbills. That's one thing I miss since moving from my native land.

Soooo, just bumping this conversation so I can live vicariously through you all again
I lived in NYC for 5 years, and then NJ for 4, and I sure do miss the theatre as well!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #104
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I recently saw both Motown, The Musical, and Matilda. Both were the Broadway cast who had traveled to a theater closer to me. Both were phenomenal. During Matilda, at one point, I felt like I was in a scene from The Wall. The lighting made everything grey and the kids were standing up on their desks on stage, fists raised in protest. I was sitting near a group of school kids in the audience who all put their fists up in air and loudly raged with them. It was *awesome*.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broadway, live theater, musicals