Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I feel like a bit of a philistine coming into this thread now, but for Me, as a Brit, we usually drink tea with milk and sometimes sugar ...
The common brands are Twinings, who do a great range of all kinds of tea, but I prefer their Breakfast Tea, and a brand called PG Tips.
I don't actually know many other Brits who don't drink anything other than the type that they have with milk, I do like Twinings range of fruit teas and have a real thing for rose-hip tea, but I rarely find it these days, it's a childhood memory thing for me!
Anyway, I would recommend Twinings tea now, they've got very good over the past few years!
*waves over the pond*
Old 06-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
I feel like a bit of a philistine coming into this thread now, but for Me, as a Brit, we usually drink tea with milk and sometimes sugar ...
The common brands are Twinings, who do a great range of all kinds of tea, but I prefer their Breakfast Tea, and a brand called PG Tips.
I don't actually know many other Brits who don't drink anything other than the type that they have with milk, I do like Twinings range of fruit teas and have a real thing for rose-hip tea, but I rarely find it these days, it's a childhood memory thing for me!
Anyway, I would recommend Twinings tea now, they've got very good over the past few years!
*waves over the pond*

I LOVE Twinings Earl Grey!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

We get PG Tips here, its good ..and for me, Tea mostly has milk and mild sweetener ( I prefer honey )
But for White and Green tea, I prefer no milk .. rarely a sweetener, Agave is good though. Anyone do any cooking with Matcha btw? Green Tea Cup Cakes..Yummm
Medusa, I have a ton of lovely Tea Cups, well at least several different patterns Yep, out grew the mugs
But I also like drinking Tea in glass glasses..!
Smoked Teas, which remind me of Russian Teas..as well as White Tea..
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Someone mentioned teas that are naturally sweet, and it instantly made me think of Good Earth's brand Sweet and Spicy. It has an amazing flavor that just doesn't need any sweetener.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I LOVE Twinings Earl Grey!
NOTHING tastes as scrumptious as Twinings Early Grey tea in London. Getting the tea in the US just doesn't taste the same (okay it's good, but not ecstasy-producing delicious).

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post
NOTHING tastes as scrumptious as Twinings Early Grey tea in London. Getting the tea in the US just doesn't taste the same (okay it's good, but not ecstasy-producing delicious).
Ok, so you are the second person who has told me this!!!!! This makes me want to go to London now (although flying over the water for that long would require more Xanax than I currently have a prescription for)
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,952 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Just wanted to share the link
for the native american tea company
http://www.nativeamericantea.com/cgi...&category=TEAS
I adore warriors brew and teepee dreams
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Ok, so you are the second person who has told me this!!!!! This makes me want to go to London now (although flying over the water for that long would require more Xanax than I currently have a prescription for)

Incidentally, I checked flights to London last night and 2 round-trip first class tickets ( I am NOT flying coach for that long over the water) from Little Rock, Arkansas to London Heathrow is a little over $17,000
Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Incidentally, I checked flights to London last night and 2 round-trip first class tickets ( I am NOT flying coach for that long over the water) from Little Rock, Arkansas to London Heathrow is a little over $17,000
Medusa - if you don't like flying or being on a plane try the Cunard transatlantic sailing trip. http://www.cunard.com/ They have afternoon tea everyday on board! It is a lot cheaper then flying first class. It also takes longer. About 6 days from NY to Southhampton. Rufusboi has arthritis and can't sit on a plane longer then 3 hours. Even that length of time makes him limp getting off the flight. So we are thinking of the Cunard option.

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puplove View Post
Part of the problem, I suspect..is that in the US, people tend to use Tea bags
Which are NOT at all the same as using loose Tea . Very different in taste and quality. The Tea put in bags, is cut very fine, and loses taste very quickly..
Not these days, there are company's changing the bags, and putting real loose tea in them, but those are the ones you have probably thought to yourself..Why would anyone pay that much for those !
Old 06-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMerrick View Post
Part of the problem, I suspect..is that in the US, people tend to use Tea bags
Which are NOT at all the same as using loose Tea . Very different in taste and quality. The Tea put in bags, is cut very fine, and loses taste very quickly..
Not these days, there are company's changing the bags, and putting real loose tea in them, but those are the ones you have probably thought to yourself..Why would anyone pay that much for those !

The tea merchant I use has T-Sacs that I use when I only want a cup of tea for traveling. Just like tea bags, but you can put your loose tea in them. I think it's the next best thing to a tea bag if you don't like tea floating in your cup from a tea ball or infuser. Personally at home, I have a tea spoon I fill with tea when only wanting a cup. So, for those that like tea bags and also like loose tea, use a T-Sac.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #12
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
The tea merchant I use has T-Sacs that I use when I only want a cup of tea for traveling. Just like tea bags, but you can put your loose tea in them. I think it's the next best thing to a tea bag if you don't like tea floating in your cup from a tea ball or infuser. Personally at home, I have a tea spoon I fill with tea when only wanting a cup. So, for those that like tea bags and also like loose tea, use a T-Sac.
Absolutely, although i was referring to a lot of new companies, with.. Infuser bags.. I think that is more what they get called. Much improved and contain already measured loose Tea.. : )
Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post

I need to try these tea sacs. Then I won't have to bring my rig when I travel. Are these the unbleached paper kind? Are they reusable? They have those for to go loose tea at Peet's.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I need to try these tea sacs. Then I won't have to bring my rig when I travel. Are these the unbleached paper kind? Are they reusable? They have those for to go loose tea at Peet's.

If you go to the link Medusa put up in her first post for Todd & Holland and check the accessories, you'll see they come in 3 sizes. haven't really read what they're made of, but they are great for traveling. We usually buy the #2 because after we add tea, we can twist and knot it then toss it in a cup for steeping. Perhaps reusable if you don't knot it, but they come 100 to a pack, so cheap enough not to have to reuse.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote