Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-11-2015, 08:19 PM   #2441
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday: 65 minutes on the stair master and 55 minutes doing weightlifting, ab exercises, and stretching. I went to a lower level on the stair master and didn't have back issues. Whew!

Today: 1 hour on the stair master (at same lower level) and 1 hour of weight lifting, stretching, tai chi, and yoga.

I did both my workouts in the evening. Really because it's the end of my spring break and I have much puttering around to be done at home.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #2442
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

3.1 mile run outside.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #2443
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Now that the weather is Ah-mazing, I am spending more time outside. Going for walks anywhere and everywhere. The past two weeks I've been hiking and taking photos of the beautiful scenery. I forget how pretty Pennsylvania can be. Feel so much better when I am active.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #2444
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I worked out this morning....early but later than usual. The gym didn't have as many people, which was nice.

I hopped on the elliptical for 40 minutes. Random program. Level 5.
Stats: 420 cal, 3.64 mi

Then I stretched for about 15 minutes.

All in all, it was a nice start to the day.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #2445
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

My most recent exercise was Sunday: 1 hour on the stair master.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #2446
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Window shopping downtown--it's the new workout.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 05:31 AM   #2447
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Window shopping downtown--it's the new workout.
Lol...you never disappoint....if you ever post you did the insanity workout, I might fall out of my chair.

For myself...I need to start stepping it up...cleaning doesn't cut it any more. I'm being hindered by not having a dvd player atm...that must be remedied soonly...
Old 04-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #2448
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I used bringing back my Redbox movie as an excuse to get a quickie in. I did half an hour on the recumbent bike.

B6, random program, level 5
Stats: 186 cal, 7.22 mil

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #2449
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I parked at the wrong building when I went to the college today. Ended up walking forever and a day....LOTS of stairs...it was good accidental exercise
Old 04-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #2450
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had errands to do this morning so I got up and out pretty quickly and was at the gym before 8am.

Elliptical: E21, random program, level 5
Stats: 327 cal, 2.84 mi, 35:00 min

Recumbent: B6, random program, levels 5-7
I started with level 5 and increased a level every 10 minutes.
Stats: 226 cal, 8.20 mi, 35:00 min
Level 6 was the hardest of all. That's the beauty of the random program; you never know what it's going to give you.

I stretched for about 10 minutes after that and made a new orientation appointment for Monday morning with their new trainer. Every time they switch trainers you have to do a new orientation. The last time I did an orientation, I had my first sciatic attack soon afterwards. I hope history does not repeat itself. That was NOT fun and I'm still dealing with the repercussions of this condition.

It's a beautiful weekend and if I were a runner, I'd be pounding the pavement. Tons of sun and a high of 72 today. Sweet!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #2451
Sweeet2th

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Sweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST Reputation
Default The weekend usual

I had a four-mile run today. Probably will run 6-8 miles tomorrow. I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon in my vegetable garden and head out to do some grocery shopping this evening. And then I do 45 minutes of yoga in the evening before bed. A fairly busy day, I suppose. But I like it that way.
Sweeet2th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sweeet2th For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2015, 11:55 AM   #2452
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I've been quite the slacker in the exercise department lately ever since I did my 5k run. I have only been walking about 2 miles per day. Although yesterday I got out and threw the football around with my sister and nephew for an hour.

I am struggling with getting home so late from work (I am gone from 7am to 7:30pm generally during the week), and then convincing myself to go to the gym, and cook a healthy meal. I want to be in the gym, but I also want to have time to relax and do other things I enjoy.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #2453
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I changed things up just a smidge today.

I started with the Matrix (stair master). I started with the manual program at level one and then bumped up the speed as I went. Eventually, it automatically bumped up a level after I went up a couple notches in speed.

Stats: 101 cal, 556 steps, 18:00 min

E21, random program, level 6
Stats: 288 cal, 2.55 mi, 30:00 min

As I was finishing up, the lady that tried to chat me up a while ago hopped on the recumbent bike next to the one I usually hop on. Someone tried to hop on another one two bikes down but she made them get on the one next to her.

To avoid ANY issues, I hopped on the one alllllllll the way on the end. It's so old, it didn't even have a number on it. Maybe it's the momma of all the recumbent bikes.

Stats: 81 cal, 2.77 mi, 13:00 min

I finished up with about 10 minutes of stretching and ab work.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #2454
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

With my disabilities I am nowhere near the level of sportsmanship y'all are with going to the gym and getting on the fancy equipment. Those days have been entirely too long ago for me. I remember the days of lifting weights, playing basketball, being on swim team and even taking gymnastics in my much younger years. However, over the years things changed. I will say now that I am determined to make changes to accomplish those things again. I have cut the carbs way back and started to move around more. As the weight is coming off the pressure on the joints and muscles is decreasing. It may not seem by much to everyone elses standards but to me those are huge. I have dropped a total of 54 lbs in a matter of a year...maybe a little more. I am going to continue by getting help from someone to till my garden plot so I can get outside and start working that dirt and moving around even more. Good health will be mine one day. I vow it even if it is said again with my last dying breath. I miss the things I used to do...including going to the gym. So first things first and Iwill eventually be back at it.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #2455
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I started out early today because I wanted to enjoy the sunshine. But I went to a favorite place, where you can see at least 4 other volcanoes in the Cascade mountain range.

Total miles walked is somewhere near 10 miles.
I have a few blisters on my right foot, but I'll be good as new after a long foot soak. I definitely can feel my muscles burning.

Oh, and I have been able to increase my water intake.
I drank 4 liters of water on my walk/hike, today.

I'm not a big water drinker because I prefer milk or juice, so it's a challenge for me to drink enough water.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 05:51 PM   #2456
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yesterday we ran our first 10k.

I finished at 1:07:45 and placed 1955 out of 3474.

Feeling proud and so good afterwards!

Next up is a 5k out in CO this May while on our vacation.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #2457
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hit the gym for the first time in two weeks. It felt good although it was just the usual of 90 mins on the bike. I really need to get back into some of my PT basics.

Maybe tomorrow...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #2458
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Up at 6am. At gym by 6:30. Orientation with new trainer at 6:40am. I am advised to keep my heart rate much lower to increase fat burn.

7-7:30am cardio
E21, random program, level 5
Stats: 151 cal, .97 mi, 18:00 min

7:30-8am arms
Small class of 5 doing arms training with free weights, bars and cable machines

8-8:30am legs
Small class of 5 (some from arms class, some new) doing legs training with free weights, body weight, gravity and my trainer's sadist mind. We were all shaking by the end.

I. hate. wall. squats.

...especially when they immediately follow traveling squats.

Oy.

I would have stayed for the next class, abs, but I had an appointment. It wound up being delayed so that annoyed me. I really wanted to do the abs.

Next Monday!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2015, 07:51 AM   #2459
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Gemme, what do you usually keep your heart rate at? How about others on this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Up at 6am. At gym by 6:30. Orientation with new trainer at 6:40am. I am advised to keep my heart rate much lower to increase fat burn.
Sunday, two hour walk in the park (leisurely). Yesterday, Monday, 45 minutes on a recumbent bike at a hotel where I'm at a conference at through Saturday, followed by 15 minutes tai chi in my hotel room. The place where the back support of the bike is supposed to click in was partially broken, so it hurt my back a bit, not terrible though.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #2460
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Finally...yoga!

I found a video with a practice specifically for opening up the hips...which is my greatest issue...

By the end of the 30 min practice, I already had gained flexibility and range of motion. Amazing. It also loosened a lot of tension in my lower back. Yoga truly is a wondrous thing...and anyone who thinks they can't do it really needs to try. You can always modify it to suit your needs and ability. And what it does for the mind is worth giving it a shot I find it very soothing and centering...

Tags
exercise, weights