Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #161
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I am a little late to this thread but you both are in my prayers and I am happy the surgery went well. Healing thoughts and energy to you both
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #162
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Thanked 1,100 Times in 288 Posts
girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation

Doe this mean we can make him laugh again?
girllikeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #163
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Everyone, thank you all so much for your support. I am home now and very tired. I could not thank every post individually. I am really tired and so happy to be home. The nurses and staff were over all great. There were many "teachable moments" and I think maybe a few people have moved forward in their thinking about LGBTQ people.

That's it for now. Again, thanks so much for all the love and support of both me and Julie. Julie has gone above and beyond. I have to tell you, to be loved so much by her really changes my perspective on so many things.

Namaste.

Greyson
Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #164
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Take good care...rest, rest and more rest....from one heart patient to another.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #165
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation

I am still stunned and awed that you are upish and about a week after surgery. Go ahead rock star!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #166
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default How Could I Forget?

Sorry, I forgot to thank Princessbelle. This community is very fortunate to have her and I am grateful for belle's long friendship. Belle, thank you for starting this thread and giving moral support to Julie. You are a compassionate woman, intelligent and a Nurse that shares so much of your knowledge.

BTW, Happy Nurses Day. I know if you were my nurse, I would make a point of letting your supervisor know, buy you a token of my appreciation, and yes flirt with you a bit.

Grey
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #167
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

So glad your surgery went well and it seems that you are up and about ^5!

ok, well ^5 at waist level anyway *supa-stahhh

torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #168
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

They will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

Psalm~91:11-12
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #169
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,691 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Greyson & Julie...I have been "away" awhile, and am just seeing this thread.
Know you both are in my heart & healing thoughts.
Take care my beautiful friends....godpseed your recovery....love and hugs..Clay
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #170
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ....I

No more updates...he must be keeping Julie busy....wink wink!

Hugs
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #171
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Very busy. He is doing really well! Walks around the block and lots of napping. Many doctor appointments this week. I am a little stir crazy but so blessed to be able to be home with him.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #172
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Sorry, I forgot to thank Princessbelle. This community is very fortunate to have her and I am grateful for belle's long friendship. Belle, thank you for starting this thread and giving moral support to Julie. You are a compassionate woman, intelligent and a Nurse that shares so much of your knowledge.

BTW, Happy Nurses Day. I know if you were my nurse, I would make a point of letting your supervisor know, buy you a token of my appreciation, and yes flirt with you a bit.

Grey
Thank you Greyson, that was mighty sweet and kind of you.

So many times online we (general) play together, fight, disagree, laugh and cry together. I love finding opportunities to praise one another as well. I'm gonna take that opportunity right now.

So, all, indulge me, will you?

When i found the dash site, some 5 years ago, you talk about being a lost puppy. Green doesn't even begin to describe who i was. One of the first people i met was Greyson in chat and i think he could tell right away i was way out of my league and comfort zone. He befriended me and sorta took me under his wing. He taught me so much about our community, about gay life, about how things work online and most importantly he taught me about friendship. True, raw, real, unconditional friendship.

We've been through a lot haven't we Greyson? I've heard your fears and you've heard mine. I remember when you got your first T injection, how nervous you were. Each and every step on our paths we have known the other is not far away, to dry a tear, to hear a rant, to be genuinely happy of each other's lives. Now we don't always agree, but no matter, we are still there for each other...that's family.

I want to speak about Julie. When she came along i honestly had thought Greyson would live/die alone out there in big ole Cali. Not because he couldn't capture a girl's attention, cause he sure could, but because he was so freaking picky about who he developed relationships with. The first time i saw Julie and Greyson together in a picture, i could tell on both of their faces....this was it. They are perfect for each other. Both are smart, outstanding, and to me, almost regal in a way and the two of them together are one hell of a team. Nothing has made me happier than to see them date and eventually marry. What an amazing couple.

When i talked to Julie on the phone when Greyson was in ICU, the love she has for him traveled through those airways and touched my heart. The thing is, and i know it sounds simple, but they honestly, truly love each other. It is an energy felt by anyone around them, who knows them. It is simply beautiful.

You are both amazing people and i am honored to know you both and to call you both family.

Keep healing dear Greyson, you still have a lot to do in this community. Your journey is just beginning.

Anddddddd who knows what shy little girl or boi/boy is just signing in here and needs a mentor. I, for one, know just who to send them to.

princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #173
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Grey
Oh Geez well we can all see Greyson is getting back to his old self again. (rolling eyes) hahahah Just ribbing ya buddy somebody has to give you a hard time so I picked me.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #174
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Lord, i just saw this thread . I need to browse more!!!!
Im glad youre feeling much better and your procedure went well !!!
If i were your nurse id keep ya pain and nausea Free
Old 05-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #175
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

I had my first follow up doctor appointment today with the surgeon. I felt like I was on a field trip on a beautiful California Spring day. Julie and I had lunch at the hospital cafeteria. When I was in the hospital Julie ate there a lot. She had nothing but kudos for the hospital cafeteria. The food is good, nutritional and reasonably priced. For Julie to like cafeteria food was amazing. She is a bit of a foodie. Me, I will eat almost anything. Maybe not so much anymore. Although I did not have heart disease, I am changing my diet. More veggies and fruit, less red meat and carbs.

You know, I did not even realize I had a malfunctioning heart valve and an enlarged heart. No heart attack, no chest pain, no shortness of breath. The heart condition was found by chance because I had a chest xray done for something unrelated to heart health.

I am very physically strong, good genes but this has also kept me in some denial about how I take care of myself, or lack there of. For me, losing weight is no longer just about how I look. This has really opened my eyes to yet another layer in my life onion. I appreciate the love and support of many here. How could it not feel inspiring to know people out there really do care?

Tomorrow I have another follow up appointment but with the cardiologist. Well really with his P.A. The P.A. is a white straight man and has treated me with nothing but professionalism, great bed side manner and respect.

There is much for me to learn, evaluate, consider and give back in this entire experience. Did I have fear? You bet. It did cross my mind that I may not wake up from surgery. I am not afraid of dying but I was afraid of not having lived some of my dreams, goals and leaving many people behind that I love.

I will say this, do not put off your life, your hopes, dreams and forgiving others and Yourself.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #176
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I will say this, do not put off your life, your hopes, dreams and forgiving others and Yourself.
Truer words were never spoken.....

Also, so glad the both of you are doing well......

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #177
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hello everyone! Greyson is still healing but is hurting a lot. We have heard this is common when the sternum starts to mend. He will be five weeks post surgery on Wednesday. Any words of encouragement from those of you who have experienced this would be great. He says he feelis like a truck ran over him. The last few days have been almost as bad as when he first got home. He is taking Tylenol and that helps. It makes it hard for him to get his exercise. He's feeling a little blue and hopes the healing will be done soon.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #178
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Hello everyone! Greyson is still healing but is hurting a lot. We have heard this is common when the sternum starts to mend. He will be five weeks post surgery on Wednesday. Any words of encouragement from those of you who have experienced this would be great. He says he feelis like a truck ran over him. The last few days have been almost as bad as when he first got home. He is taking Tylenol and that helps. It makes it hard for him to get his exercise. He's feeling a little blue and hopes the healing will be done soon.
Ooooo goodie I get to give advice! LOL

I am post surgery 2007, and my sternum is still an issue. That being said, it is more annoying than anything.

My sternam is wired together, as I imagine yours is? I still feel pulling when I try to lift a heavy object, and for the longest time because of the healing process the area itched like the dickens!

One thing I have noticed is that I now have to "stretch" the area by tilting my head back slowly and letting the muscles lengthen. There was so much pain involved for a while that I kept my chin close to my chest, causing the area to contract and not feel as "free in movement" as it once was.

Be careful to stay sitting, standing or exercising as much as posssible...I gave into the pain and laid around just long enough to wind up back at the Hospital with Pneumonia.

My pain level got better around the 3 month mark...it truely takes a full year for everything to heal and mend on the inside, just as with most major surgeries.

Take care of yourselves!

Many Blessings,

Cindy
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #179
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Member Photo Albums

Ok! Very helpful! Yes he is wired together. The chin thing sounds very helpful. I know his muscles are all bunched up because he is protecting his sternum. He is getting out more after two days of really resting a lot. It is hard to hear that he will be hurting for awhile more. Luckily he is off work long enough to fully recover and get stronger. Thank you so much for posting. It helps a lot to hear from someone who knows what it feels like!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #180
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
Ok! Very helpful! Yes he is wired together. The chin thing sounds very helpful. I know his muscles are all bunched up because he is protecting his sternum. He is getting out more after two days of really resting a lot. It is hard to hear that he will be hurting for awhile more. Luckily he is off work long enough to fully recover and get stronger. Thank you so much for posting. It helps a lot to hear from someone who knows what it feels like!
Good news is that thirtysomething years after my surgery I have almost no problems with the surgical site. Every so often I will get a sharp stab pain near the top of the scar where I have a little bone fragment protruding. That smarts when I knock it but otherwise I have no residual pain from it. I was a toddler when my sternum got into a fight with a surgeon's saw so not sure if my age at the time has any baring on the healing. When I was a child (probably 2 or 3 years post surgical) I know I had some pain there with deep breaths. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post: