Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #81
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Does anyone here make their own capsules? I've got questions about dosages for turmeric and some other stuff.
You can take really large amounts of Curcumin, so don't be too concerned about getting the wrong number on that one. I take 2000mg per day, but that is also the recommended dose by my oncologist for past cancer (he has been doing western/holistic oncologist 30+ years). He makes his own supplements. On the bottle it recommends 500mg per day (for the average person).

The most important thing to remember about supplements is to get the highest quality you can. You can take a crapload of Curcumin, but if it isn't good quality, it really won't "do it's thing" in the same way/as much as quality stuff will.

I would also check into the importance of the quality of the capsule and if that can effect the way the supplement is absorbed into one's system. I don't know anything about that, but I know that for coated tablets (such as vitamins), that is important. I wonder if that would be less of a concern for capsules however (when it comes to supplements such as Curcumin), since that is something that we eat. I would do a quick google search on that, but perhaps you have already researched this.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #82
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Making my own herbal teas of late with loose herbs. I've enjoyed a peppermint, a cinnamon, and a good chamomile with lavender blend.

What's your favorite herbal drink or tea?

I've seen online where some folks have talked about infusing water with dried herbs and I'm thinking of trying it. Maybe roses, lavender, or other fragrant flowers. I've used lavender infused water to make white cocoa and it was divine!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 08:26 PM   #83
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Just made myself a tea with dried hibiscus flower, dried roses, lotus leaf, and lemon.

Delicious!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #84
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ok, so cinnamon?

I’ve read that dosing with (Ceylon) cinnamon is great for helping regulate blood sugar and inflammation. Anyone here take it on the daily? Have you noticed any positive side effects?
Old 02-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #85
Tucker

How Do You Identify?:
A pretty little thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fatale
Relationship Status:
Independently owned and operated

Thanked 1,295 Times in 486 Posts
Tucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST Reputation

My pitbull is getting cinnamon daily for the last few years, it is amazing. It helps him look and feel better. its almost like a pain reliever. We notice the effects if he doesnt get his cinnamon for a few days.
Quote:
Ok, so cinnamon?

I’ve read that dosing with (Ceylon) cinnamon is great for helping regulate blood sugar and inflammation. Anyone here take it on the daily? Have you noticed any positive side effects?
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tucker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #86
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
My pitbull is getting cinnamon daily for the last few years, it is amazing. It helps him look and feel better. its almost like a pain reliever. We notice the effects if he doesnt get his cinnamon for a few days.
Thank you!

Someone said in private that they did get some blood sugar regulation effects (thank you!) and the anti-inflammatory properties are also super attractive to me. I am not a fan of taking pain relievers but my knees and hips are kinda crunchy some days and need to do something as a maintenance plan.

I have had good results with turmeric as well!
Old 02-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #87
Tucker

How Do You Identify?:
A pretty little thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fatale
Relationship Status:
Independently owned and operated

Thanked 1,295 Times in 486 Posts
Tucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST Reputation

My boy has cancer and i have noticed that the cinnamon is great at making his joints a little more limber. It also helps with the allergies that cancer causes. I am a firm believer in the holistic approach above taking pills for everything.
Quote:
Thank you!

Someone said in private that they did get some blood sugar regulation effects (thank you!) and the anti-inflammatory properties are also super attractive to me. I am not a fan of taking pain relievers but my knees and hips are kinda crunchy some days and need to do something as a maintenance plan.

Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tucker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #88
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you!

I take 2000mg of tumeric on a daily basis for general reduction of inflammation in the body. There is great body of literature that has established this as a great anti inflammatory agent.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #89
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I take 2000mg of tumeric on a daily basis for general reduction of inflammation in the body. There is great body of literature that has established this as a great anti inflammatory agent.
Agreed! I *really* notice a difference when I stop taking it. I go from not taking any Naproxen for weeks to waking up wanting one so that my joints don't feel like they are full of sand.
Losing weight has helped my joint pain tremendously but some of this is just residual for carrying so much weight for so long. Exercise helps too though, thank Goddess!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 11:57 PM   #90
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Agreed! I *really* notice a difference when I stop taking it. I go from not taking any Naproxen for weeks to waking up wanting one so that my joints don't feel like they are full of sand.
Losing weight has helped my joint pain tremendously but some of this is just residual for carrying so much weight for so long. Exercise helps too though, thank Goddess!
I LOLed after I posted. At the top of the page you and I discussed tumeric in 2014!

Old 03-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #91
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default A caution regarding lavender and tea tree oils

I've just spotted an interesting item on the Science Daily webiste about the oestrogenic/androgen antagonist effects of lavender oil and tea tree oil, which apparently has had feminising effects on pre-pubertal boys in a number of cases: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0318144856.htm
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 03:15 PM   #92
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
I've just spotted an interesting item on the Science Daily webiste about the oestrogenic/androgen antagonist effects of lavender oil and tea tree oil, which apparently has had feminising effects on pre-pubertal boys in a number of cases: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0318144856.htm

I saw that and it totally made me remember a conversation with a friend who was transitioning several years ago.
She SWORE by lavender oil as a supplement for her transition! She said that she mixed the essential oil of lavender with her nightly moisturizing routine and rubbed it basically everywhere and that it helped soften her skin.

She also said that before she ever started hormones that an older friend who had already transitioned advised her that lavender would enhance her breasts if she used the essential oil in her lotion and also put it in her aromatherapy machine. I thought it was bullshit but I will fully admit that she had gorgeous, luminous skin so you know, maybe?! She also said she felt like she had gained breast tissue from it before ever starting hormones.

Might have been psychosomatic or whatever but hey, she always smelled delicious as a result of using it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 04:35 PM   #93
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yes it's true a good Lavender oil added to your organic skin and face products can do wonders. The only problem is not all Lavender oil is created equal. It has to be organic and i would definitely go to the Lavender farm to see how they take care of their Lavender and process it. My sister has a Lavender farm and produces a beautiful Lavender oil but she doesn't sell it. However, there is a very excellent lavender farm on the peninsula called Purple Haze which produces a high quality lavender oil. I trust it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #94
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Yes it's true a good Lavender oil added to your organic skin and face products can do wonders. The only problem is not all Lavender oil is created equal. It has to be organic and i would definitely go to the Lavender farm to see how they take care of their Lavender and process it. My sister has a Lavender farm and produces a beautiful Lavender oil but she doesn't sell it. However, there is a very excellent lavender farm on the peninsula called Purple Haze which produces a high quality lavender oil. I trust it.

OH MY GODDESS!!!!!

Someone actually sent me a bundle of the best lavender I have ever held in my life and it came from Purple Haze!!!!!
It was the royal velvet bundle and that shit was AMAZING.

Small world!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #95
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
You and your Science Daily.

I saw that article somewhere, too. It was probably posted in a trans FB group I am in.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #96
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Up for sale

This says the farm was up for sale in 6/2018. I wonder if it has been sold yet?

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ne...retire-travel/

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Quote:
OH MY GODDESS!!!!!

Someone actually sent me a bundle of the best lavender I have ever held in my life and it came from Purple Haze!!!!!

Small world!

Old 03-28-2018, 06:11 PM   #97
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
This says the farm was up for sale in 6/2018. I wonder if it has been sold yet?

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ne...retire-travel/
This is where I send a prayer into the ether that whoever buys it keeps it as a lavender farm and doesn’t do something awful like put up a Burger King...or a Republican headquarters. 🧐
Old 03-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #98
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
OH MY GODDESS!!!!!

Small world!
small world Medusa...a very pretty visit...i asked the owners if it was really for sale and they said yes, for about a year..they told me not to worry, they didn't think much would change..i wish i was naive enough to believe it, i hate having my bubbles burst
Old 03-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #99
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone have a recommendation for pulled muscles?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:50 AM   #100
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You and your Science Daily.

I saw that article somewhere, too. It was probably posted in a trans FB group I am in.
It's a good site. And I'm a science geek. (shrugs) :-} I'd never jeard of anyone using anything herbal to help transitioning before, and didnt know whether anyone here would have heard of that before. I posted here in case anyone with youngsters tended to use the the stuff, as unintentional messing with anyones hormones is obviously NOT a good idea.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote