Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #2801
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

yesterday did the zombie run 5k
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #2802
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Today I started my 30 Day Challenge of A Mile A Day. I got to 1.83 miles before I gave in. My goal is to drop weight to control my PCOS. My endurance is pretty good, but my motivation goes up and down. I'm going to make it to 30 days, I am set on it.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 AM   #2803
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Tuesday I had a work over of shots on the left side of my back, its been about
12 hours since I had he work done ( late in the afternoon) and I'm still feeling all the shots I had. I feel like a pin cushion at the moment but am glad I got it done finally but wish it had happened sooner cause it took out the whole left leg from my lower back to my feet and had me on a cane or crutches, my office chair has wheels so you can bet I made good use of it. I do feel better but it will be a few days then I hope I can start back to working out again after not being able to do anything without pain.
I was worried my diabetic numbers would get bad but I really watched my calories and carbs, I an glad I kept all my Dr. Adkins low to O carb cook books that helped me with it all...I mean food should taste good even if it needs to be very lo in carbs.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #2804
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a bad, bad girl.

I haven't made it to the gym since my consultation workout.

In my defense, I DID clean house and move boxes and plastic bins around for 4 hours today so I did get some movement with intent. I even wore my workout gear to do it since I knew I'd get sweaty.

I do need to get there tomorrow though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #2805
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Saw my doctor today for my first post-op follow up. I am making good recovery and can start PT and general range of motion exercises. Still no weight bearing, above a shampoo bottle. I can also come off the pain meds but should remain on the muscle relaxers while I'm still experiencing spasms.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #2806
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did a 2 hour walk in Riverside Park. It was actually from 12:15 to 4 but as usual I did a LOT of photo taking and meandering, even a little laying in the leaves

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #2807
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've still been at it a good hour+ per day on the recumbent level 8-9 So... I decided to graduate to the elliptical. I really needed to get upright and start doing some load bearing stuff now that my wind is back.

Sadly, it seems an 8 on the bike is a 3 on the elliptical.

Oh well, I'll just start working my way up to an 8 on this.

Stubborn like that.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 05:20 AM   #2808
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

That's the way to do it, Kelt!

I, sadly, have not officially worked out in a while although I've done plenty of manual labor and movement with intent. These 12 hour days are getting to me and it doesn't help when Oliver decides I've had enough sleep and it's time to get up.

He's 8! He and I are both middle aged. It's all those afternoon naps he gets.

Jerk.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #2809
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
That's the way to do it, Kelt!

I, sadly, have not officially worked out in a while although I've done plenty of manual labor and movement with intent. These 12 hour days are getting to me and it doesn't help when Oliver decides I've had enough sleep and it's time to get up.

He's 8! He and I are both middle aged. It's all those afternoon naps he gets.

Jerk.
12 hour days with significant physical labor totally counts!

It's just a seasonally adjusted workout.

It's Oliver's job to be nocturnal. The sooner you recognize the new hierarchy in your home the sooner you'll be able to adapt to his schedule.

It's the rulez.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #2810
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

He is the weirdest cat.

This is totally off topic, but maybe I can relate it somehow.

He doesn't like the cheapy pressies....plastic bags, tp rolls, aluminum foil and paper balls.....or the store bought stuff....toys, wands, scratching posts and a giant perch lookout that's almost as tall as me. That's my connection....I put that sucker together after lugging the box around a while, trying to decide if I wanted to keep it, and it took me a bit to get it all up.

He hasn't even played with the dangling pom pom.

Not ONCE.

He sits in front of the front door and huffs the breeze coming through the crack at the bottom. Sometimes he lays on the back of the couch and looks out the back window but the ONLY toy he will play with is a blue stuffed boomerang. I call it his blue banana because he holds it like someone might hold a banana.

He's VERY talkative when he wants attention. And when he poops. He likes to announce that and boy, howdy...it will burn the hair off inside your nose.

He's almost sleeping through the night, so that's a good thing, and he's totally chill outside of his attention starved moments. He doesn't scratch much and isn't destructive and doesn't jump all over everything.

Oliver's such a good .

Weird but good.

For the record, I spent two hours lifting doors, caulking holes at ground level and picking up nails and screws from the project going on at work. <--thread compliant after all!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #2811
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I gave two fur kids a bath, that has to count for something.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 08:56 AM   #2812
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's been nearly a month since I actually worked out at the gym but I dragged myself there this morning and had a light workout. I hopped on the treadmill and set the weight loss program since I knew it wouldn't get too fast. Can't keep the heart rate in the fat burning zone if you're gasping for breath.

I did half an hour plus cool down on the treadmill (158.6 cal, 1.07 mi) and then I hopped on their scale that measures hydration, body mass, muscle mass, et cetera. I also hopped on their regular floor scale and there's a discrepancy of almost 2 lbs so do with that what you will.

I later found out it should be done before the workout but I digress.....the workout was low key enough that I doubt it skewed things too badly. I did ask one of the owners of the gym how to interpret a couple of the icons and he got it wrong too...lol...so I got one of the sheets to keep track of this and I'll have an accurate read in the next few days.

Here is what I came up with (which could be wrong and affected by the previous workout):

179 lbs
44% hydration, which is close. I should be in the 45-60% range.
Physique type 9-this is actually not bad given how they calculate the chart, but 5 or 6 would be better
5.2 lbs for my bone mass range, which needs to be around 6.5 lbs
40.8% bad stuff, which makes me obese...I need to be in the 30% range
I'm in the healthy range for visceral fat. There are only 2 ranges, good and bad, so I'm okay.
100.4 lbs of good stuff

That leaves 78.6 lbs of stuff that can be improved upon. I'm going to compare my next reading, before my workout and with a little more experience with the contraption, and see how it differs.

I'm going to try yoga on Thursday and my trainer offered me another free half hour session, so that makes me happy. He even promised to tone it down a bit so I'm only sore for one day, not two. He's a good kid. I'm glad I wound up at this gym, even if I have to drive just a smidge more to get to it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #2813
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I started my day out with yoga and I will clean for a total of 5 hours today...

I want to start getting a workout in at night...my ankle is feeling better...I think its about time...
Old 11-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #2814
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Guys, I'm up to 2.75 lb weights! And for certain movements it feels like they are 275 lbs. Lol.

Rehab still 2 or 3 times a week. Almost complete range of motion. I even was able to throw some tennis balls for Ernie while we were at the bark park.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #2815
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

My new gym has a new contraption that is a cross between the old ski machine and an elliptical. I hopped on that and set the timer for half an hour but realized my mistake fairly quickly and halved that time.

82 cal, 15:00 min

I moved to the rowing machine and realized that they set one up for big feet and one up for small feet, so I had to move since I apparently prefer the big footed machine's location best.

137 cal, 15:05 min

I finished up on the treadmill, using a variety program.

93.2 cal, .70 mi, 20:00 min

Good workout!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2015, 08:03 PM   #2816
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My new gym has a new contraption that is a cross between the old ski machine and an elliptical. I hopped on that and set the timer for half an hour but realized my mistake fairly quickly and halved that time.
Arc? Will kick yer azz and take names!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2015, 06:49 AM   #2817
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Arc? Will kick yer azz and take names!
Nope, although they do have Arcs there and they do whup one's butt.

It's literally like the old ski machines that go out at an angle to the side but it also goes forward and back, like the elliptical does. It works the thighs more all over, sides and front.

It took me a minute, but I found it. I was a bit misleading earlier. It's designed less with a ski influence and more with a speed skating influence.

Here

If you scroll a little past the image that comes up, there are a group using these machines in a semi-circle so you can see different views. The ones the gym has have two sets of handles. One is small and stationary and the other, larger handles move forward and back, very much like an elliptical.

With each step, the peddles goes out and forward and back and out and forward and back....I won't be able to do this often unless I get shoes designed to withstand constant pushing and pulling from the sides. I don't think my cross trainers will cut it long term.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 11-21-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #2818
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Nope, although they do have Arcs there and they do whup one's butt.

It's literally like the old ski machines that go out at an angle to the side but it also goes forward and back, like the elliptical does. It works the thighs more all over, sides and front.

It took me a minute, but I found it. I was a bit misleading earlier. It's designed less with a ski influence and more with a speed skating influence.

Here

If you scroll a little past the image that comes up, there are a group using these machines in a semi-circle so you can see different views. The ones the gym has have two sets of handles. One is small and stationary and the other, larger handles move forward and back, very much like an elliptical.

With each step, the peddles goes out and forward and back and out and forward and back....I won't be able to do this often unless I get shoes designed to withstand constant pushing and pulling from the sides. I don't think my cross trainers will cut it long term.
Wow!

So there's a fresh new hell I never met before! Looks like an ankle breaker if I ever saw one, higher topped shoes for sure. Something I've always wanted to try (really old school) and may actually have the room for in the not too distant future is a 'slide/glide board' for mimicking hockey/speed skating. A less locked foot position, I think it looks fun. (and could possibly kill me as well)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2015, 07:11 PM   #2819
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Wow!

So there's a fresh new hell I never met before! Looks like an ankle breaker if I ever saw one, higher topped shoes for sure. Something I've always wanted to try (really old school) and may actually have the room for in the not too distant future is a 'slide/glide board' for mimicking hockey/speed skating. A less locked foot position, I think it looks fun. (and could possibly kill me as well)
I have always wanted one of these! I've Jimmy-rigged one before but it didn't last long. I used foot booties, Saran wrap and a foam strip kind of like a yoga mat but longer.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #2820
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers!

Fresh from my workout adventures, I am here. And eating. Don't mind me if I type with my mouth open; I grew up in a barn. Sort of.

I tried another new to me piece of equipment and it's pretty cool. It's an elliptical not really 'hybrid' per se but it does work a little differently than most ellipticals do. It works the backside....the hammies, the glutes, the calves...the whole backside of your lower body from the feet up to the tush. I didn't feel anything in my thighs on the front. It's also tricky as Hell to get on if you don't grab the smaller, less mobile hand rails.

See here.

The pedals are more 'squishy' than a typical elliptical in that they have more give in the motion but it really keeps your legs going in an up and forward motion. Even though the smaller handle bars are more stable, they still 'pulse' with the movement of the pedals so they aren't locked into place. The big handles will throw you off if you catch them wrong while mounting the machine. Luckily, I have cat-like reflexes.

I did half an hour on this machine and got a good workout in.

241 cal, 1.03 mi, 30:00 min

One thing about this is, it will say 'cool down' but it won't log any further factors (distance, calories, time, etc). You have to do your own cool down aside from the programs.

My hammies and calves felt a smidge tight so I hopped onto one of the 3 types of treadmills they have and used it as a cool down. It's a Precor 954i.

77.1 cal, .66 mi, 20:00 min

All in all, a good day except for the locker situation but that's a story for another day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights