Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-21-2016, 07:09 PM   #3201
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I have not been exercising for the past two months. The new school year in a position I'm not grooving with has me too overwhelmed. However...

I went to the gym the past three days. Saturday: 30 minutes stairmaster (level 2/3), 30 minutes weightlifting and stretching, Sunday: 30 min. stairmaster, today: 1 hr on the stairmaster (level 2/3). I was kinda surprised I had the energy for an hour today when I had not slept well last night and had been eating a lot of white carbs during the day. Who knows, but today the first half hour I was not even working up a sweat. In any case, the energy level once I started today was a pleasant and unexpected surprise.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #3202
deeds

How Do You Identify?:
G-d made

deeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputation

Well.. I didn't hit the gym today, but I found out that it has machines lined to work every muscle in your body..I dread being sore for a couple days but I can't wait to start weightlifting again..
Old 11-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #3203
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Exercise

My coworker and I walk every morning. I enjoy our walks and my body feels better.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #3204
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I have not been exercising for the past two months. The new school year in a position I'm not grooving with has me too overwhelmed. However...

I went to the gym the past three days. Saturday: 30 minutes stairmaster (level 2/3), 30 minutes weightlifting and stretching, Sunday: 30 min. stairmaster, today: 1 hr on the stairmaster (level 2/3). I was kinda surprised I had the energy for an hour today when I had not slept well last night and had been eating a lot of white carbs during the day. Who knows, but today the first half hour I was not even working up a sweat. In any case, the energy level once I started today was a pleasant and unexpected surprise.
I'm with you. I haven't seen the inside of a gym in quite a while, though I do get some manual labor through work and I've been moving a lot of furniture lately so that helps too. My diet has been dipping into 'uh oh' territory lately too. Damn holiday season and wavering self-control.

Luckily, the weight has been holding steadily and I'm not having difficulty with my sciatica, which is my primary concern whenever I slack off. I will get back into the sweat box soon. I just have to kick my own ass to do so.

Likely you were running on adrenaline. I get like that when I haven't slept well and do something physical. I seem to breeze right through it but I'll crash later, usually the next day, and especially if I short myself of sleep again.

Good for you!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #3205
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm about to get back to it. I had months of difficulties from a surgery I had over the summer that kept preventing me from being able to use very much upper body strength. I got an all clear (again- let's hope it sticks this time) last week. Now it's time to tone back up.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 10:59 AM   #3206
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I finally made my way to the gym this morning.

Since it's been almost a month, I decided to take it easy and just did cardio. I hopped onto an elliptical and then forgot about the whole 'taking it easy' thing.

LifeFitness elliptical, random program, level 3
Stats: 271 cal, 2.68 mi, 30:00 min

I followed that up with about 10 minutes of stretching.

Good workout!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #3207
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I thought the gym would be post-Thanksgiving crowded but it wasn't. I went late afternoon so maybe that helped. In any case, I enjoyed not having the crowds. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster Level 1-4. Then I did weight lifting and stretching. It felt good. It was hard to get started but it felt great once I was done!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #3208
pamela

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

pamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputation

lots of walking today, which was fun in the fog
pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #3209
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

It was slow and easy so I wouldn't stress anything, a good 30 minutes outside in the sun working out, it felt so good.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #3210
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today. 30 min. stairmaster (levels 1-4), 30 minutes weightlifting, floor exercises, and yoga.

I think Jill has joined another gym. She must not have been able to deal with the years of construction going on. When someone leaves the gym, you never know where they have gone!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #3211
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

3.5 miles rowing.
I feel like a new woman. One who just left about 40 lbs of emotional baggage on the rowing machine.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #3212
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

Worked on my legs, butt, and abs today.

3 sets of squats, 3 sets of Romanian deadlift, 3 sets of goblet squat.

3 sets of lying leg curls, 3 sets of sitting leg curls, 3 sets of dumb bell lunges

3 sets of cable crunches, few min.of planks, 35 min. on the stairmaster
Old 11-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #3213
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Went to gym #2 and stuck with the elliptical, but did the total body program so it was pretty demanding.

Precor EFX576i
Stats: 255.2 cal, 2.22 mi, 30:00 min

I stretched in the dark classroom until a guy came in and flipped half the lights the room and then proceeded to lunge walk his way back and forth across the width of the room. It wasn't too bad of a distraction and I was mostly done anyway, so it wasn't too much of a bother.

All in all, it was a nice workout and stretch.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #3214
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

I just spent an hour raking the lawn. That was good. I'll also row later this evening to help settle my mind before bed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #3215
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

played with canine children a lot outside after temps got above 35 degrees

sanded and painted a 4' by 8' plywood sheet

used blower to clear backyard of pine straw, pine cones, leaves - never ending regular task

cut four 32" 2 by 4s (setting up next weekend's project early to make it go faster) ... must make a saw stand for my Dewalt 12' miter saw

note:
All this is probably not classified as exercise but some of it gets pretty strenuous ... especially the sanding. I really do not enjoy the sanding part at all.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #3216
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster (levels 1-4), then 30 minutes of weightlifting and stretching and ab exercises. The guy next to me on the stiarmaster was not wearing any deodorant and sweating up a storm so 17 of those 30 minutes were rough ones!

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #3217
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Since it was only Monday, I had the energy to go to the gym today after work. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster (levels 1-4).

Are you ready for this? I've mentioned how my gym went bankrupt and has new owners and how they're doing all sorts of weird things and being constantly under construction. So the latest... they are doing away with membership cards and the people who look at them- and instead are replacing them with a machine that detects the patterns in our irises! They registered me today. I looked into a machine, and it imprinted the pattern of my irises (not flowers- referring to my eyes here!). So now I can stare at a little mirror window on the door, and it opens for me when it detects my iris pattern, as unique as a snowflake! This new system makes up for all the construction!

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #3218
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Since it was only Monday, I had the energy to go to the gym today after work. I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster (levels 1-4).

Are you ready for this? I've mentioned how my gym went bankrupt and has new owners and how they're doing all sorts of weird things and being constantly under construction. So the latest... they are doing away with membership cards and the people who look at them- and instead are replacing them with a machine that detects the patterns in our irises! They registered me today. I looked into a machine, and it imprinted the pattern of my irises (not flowers- referring to my eyes here!). So now I can stare at a little mirror window on the door, and it opens for me when it detects my iris pattern, as unique as a snowflake! This new system makes up for all the construction!

Wow. I have to say, that whole iris scan to get into the gym thing would freak me out a little. It's cool, but a little freaky for me. I'm glad you feel like it's an improvement though, it's your gym!

I did a 4.5 mile row and a lot of mental exercising.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #3219
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default response to easygoingfemme

4.5 mile row?

I am extremely impressed!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #3220
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ran six miles out on the trail today.

Tags
exercise, weights