Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
my soul doesn't need a mate.

I prefer to think of partners as lifemates.. some come for a short time in life.. others a lifetime.. I find the term *soulmate* so overused it has no meaning.

there is no right or wrong but I don't believe in mating my soul.

I think some people have a *lustmate* and confuse this with *soulmate*...

I do respect your opinion...however I have to disagree...
*soulmate* is the one person who knows you all the way down to the core of your being...
Your smile, your voice tones, your secrets, your flaws...& loves you Because of them...
The person with whom you can communicate with (without words) no matter where you are or what situation you are in, be it alone in the bedroom or hosting a wonderful party with all of your friends...
They know when you need to be alone or when you need a hug and everything in between, & do and say just the right things at just the right moments...
& the only person who can make you smile when you really want to cry...
YES...it is rare to have someone know you so well...and you know them that well in return...but definitely someone who really makes you FEEL complete, not just happy or full of lust...but complete! *soft smile*
Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

I absolutely believe in soulmates! and I also believe that you can have more than one in your lifetime...

i was with my ex for 12 years...she was the love of my life...my soul mate...she knew me better than I knew me and she loved me anyway...

right now I'm single and I believe that someday I'll have that kind of love in my life again..and I won't settle for less!! and I would hope that the lovely lady in question wouldn't settle either!

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcountry View Post
I do respect your opinion...however I have to disagree...
*soulmate* is the one person who knows you all the way down to the core of your being...
Your smile, your voice tones, your secrets, your flaws...& loves you Because of them...
The person with whom you can communicate with (without words) no matter where you are or what situation you are in, be it alone in the bedroom or hosting a wonderful party with all of your friends...
They know when you need to be alone or when you need a hug and everything in between, & do and say just the right things at just the right moments...
& the only person who can make you smile when you really want to cry...
YES...it is rare to have someone know you so well...and you know them that well in return...but definitely someone who really makes you FEEL complete, not just happy or full of lust...but complete! *soft smile*

Thanks for your thoughts and words here.. I love all the interaction around this sort of thing...i love deep thinking and it's very hard to come by!

I just see this person you described above ( very nicely put and I believe we these people do exist for us) as my "lifemate", my partner, my forever (and I have found just this person so I do feel so fortunate,) but I just don't see a person as a *soul*mate..maybe it's the way the term is tossed around so easily that it really has no substance for me.. .to me this person you have described this is someone I have chosen to share my life with, but my soul is deeper than a human relationship. I've thought about this subject many times and I *think* that i feel that if my *soul*mate and I were to divorce, ( to believe this could not happen even in the best of relationships is not realistic to me) my soul would be damaged forever, that my very spirit would just curl up and die.. I just can't comprehend that.

I suppose this probably makes no sense ..LOL. Maybe at the end of the road, after we have been together for 100 more years, I will look back and say yes.. This was my soulmate, but I doubt it. I want my soul independent of a partnership. My head, my heart my body is all theirs, but my soul is not coming out to pair up LOL. I just can't bring myself to allow my soul to be that vulnerable,, its my higher self.... I mean how do you know this person IS your "soulmate" until after the lifetime has passed?

Maybe we all have a different opinion of what a *soul* is? And this is a great thing...I view my soul as my spirit, my mind, my I AM, it makes me who I am, and hopefully my spirit is loved and embraced by my partner ( I sure love his!) , I just feel that no matter what happens with my partner, my soul would be in tact (however deeply heartbroken ) and would continue to steer my spirit through life.. and I would hope theirs would too. In other words I guess I see a soul as a driving force that brings us to each other.. for the happily ever after. Relationships are formed and the the individuals embrace each other's spirits.. I don't see them as combined spirit/soul. . does that make any sense to anyone? LOL
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=sassy_girl;196117][COLOR="Navy"]

I've thought about this subject many times and I *think* that i feel that if my *soul*mate and I were to divorce, ( to believe this could not happen even in the best of relationships is not realistic to me) my soul would be damaged forever, that my very spirit would just curl up and die.. I just can't comprehend that. [QUOTE]

I totally understand...I do have a few things to say to the *soulmate* part though. I think we do get caught up in this equal oppisite spirit in a person Having to be our one true Romantic partner...and therefore confused with chemestry...
I think you said it best when you said "I just can't bring myself to allow my soul to be that vulnerable"...and that is the isue when we are just thinking about a partner...not allowing ourselves to open up our souls...& not fully trusting this person is going to love us(or us them for that matter) unconditionally forever...
I am 100% sure that an equal opposite soul of mine is my best friend...we have that unconditional aspect and have had it for 9yrs, even though romantically not partnered with each other, but when u can go months or even yrs without seeing each other but yet still be able to pick up the phone no matter the hour and talk like you just saw each other yesterday...that's something...
Sorry there is so much more to it...but I cannot find the right words to explain everything...but it does involve you being completly vulnerable, honest, and trusting of another soul...& know that no matter what...Nothing is going to come between that connection...so you don't have to worry about the damage or loss, cause there isn't any...
Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 AM   #5
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

long winded i know but hear goes

Soul mates…..

Well in my own way yes. But in my own way. I have a soul mate she is my soul mate because she gets me knows all of my flaws and weaknesses and loves me still totally and completely even when I am a complete ass. She has been the friend in high school that I would have traded anything to switch her for my sister (if you had a little sister less than three years younger you know why) she is the one person who looked at me and said so what's you point when I came out. Never batted an eye or lost a step. I would defend her and her children with my life if it ever came down to it. She is the one person I can depend on or trust in this world no matter what happens. She is closer than any family I have ever known. I know it is the same for her.

A soul mate in a life partner? Maybe, some have found that kind of love I pray, I hope to someday. But in thought not feelings and emotions, I have to compare to history and my experience of course.
Marriage did not start out as a thing of love, it was a way for families to barter or combine for power wealth land title or just for survival purposes. Helping to run a farm and be able to have clean clothes or hot food on the table. She was there to comfort and his role was to provide. And then love came into it, a little more but of course parents had their say about whom would be acceptable, could she help build a strong family, keep a household running, be an asset to his character and reputation. Did he come from a good stock, will he tow the line, and again provide for her.
Then a little more heart and soul were permitted in to the choosing dating was becoming acceptable, and how they felt about each other began to take root and role in the choices, but even when a poor choice had been made they were not permitted to undo the vows once taken, when divorcé became more common and more acceptable then of course that leads to today. Where some marry many, many times or commit many times to various others or sometimes we do need a do over to learn what not to do and what does or does not work, and that second marriage or commitment is the on of a life time.

So in the end I do believe in soul mates but I don’t think they are always meant as spouses. I believe that our spouses and lovers come and go for reasons a time a season, and sometimes we just grow in different directions, and our needs change to something that the relationship can not fulfill as terribly sad as that is. I have experienced this twice in my stint on this planet so far, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet some one wonderful again that I can share with and grow with. I have learned how ever that forever well just is not a practical thought the way I believed it would be several times before. Ohh but wouldn't it be lovely to find some one who can help me to be a believer again

And hear come Mike Peter and Davey singing in my head

undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undone For This Useful Post: