Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > West Virginia Forums

Old 11-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hello Blue Ridge Mountain folk!!!!

Hey how the heck are you?! Please come join us! I am from West Va. now living in California... but still have lots of family back East. Hope to hear from you soon no matter what time you show up... yes this message is ment for you... so what you waiting for...
Old 11-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Howdy! We're at the foothills of the Blue Ridge.. loving the land and avoiding most of the inhabitants! The appalachian challenged can get a lil scary sometimes... though we do absolutely love parts of it!
We're pretty close to the W VA line and I actually have distant relatives there. If ya ever make it back this way give us a hollah!

Jess and christie alive and kickin it in SW VA
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Back in the late 70's/early 80's, I lived in Marion, VA....in fact, my oldest child was born there.....

I have to say, while it was NOT my choice, the land was lovely.....it was where I learned to drive in snow....there were 4 seasons....

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrJess View Post
Howdy! We're at the foothills of the Blue Ridge.. loving the land and avoiding most of the inhabitants! The appalachian challenged can get a lil scary sometimes... though we do absolutely love parts of it!
We're pretty close to the W VA line and I actually have distant relatives there. If ya ever make it back this way give us a hollah!

Hey Jess and Christie! yes the landscape there is absolutly Marvelous!!! I am sure I will end up there again in due time. We are from the Tri-State area where Huntington W. Va., South Point Ohio, and Ashland Kentucky all meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Back in the late 70's/early 80's, I lived in Marion, VA....in fact, my oldest child was born there.....

I have to say, while it was NOT my choice, the land was lovely.....it was where I learned to drive in snow....there were 4 seasons....

I sooooo love the 4 seasons there... My favorite is the turning colors of the trees and then the ice-cicles on the rock formations on the side of the hills.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye

Still chuckling over this: appalachian challenged

But hallo,

Living in WV. Currently snowed in

Grew up here, so of course I'm biased about the beauty of the mountains and streams.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
MissRoni

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
SINGLE

MissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST ReputationMissRoni Has the BEST Reputation

My partner Tracy and I moved here 6 years ago, with our 3 now big teenage girls. We are in Morgantown, WV, only about a mile from downtown and heart of WVU campus. It IS beautiful here, but being from San Diego, I am used to, and even spoiled to natural beauty. I work here in Mo'town, Tracy down in Bridgeport. We don't get out much. The kids keep me REALLY busy, between orchestra, theatre, Lacrosse, and volunteerism. And I've become pretty avtive in our local UU Fellowship. If anyone is from/lives in No. Central WV, feel free to message me! I am craving some BF time and friends

Miss Roni~
MissRoni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissRoni For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default Home is where the heart is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Oh how I miss the Shenandoah Valley, the Blue Ridge, the Appalachians and Allegheny's (there's too many places that I miss all along The Ridge, to list)... I grew up in "Briery Branch"...and you're right Jess, avoided MOST of the inhabitants... I felt like Br'er Rabbit being chased by the fox! And when Momma yelled "I better not catch you down 'the Holl'er!" she meant it!

My last townhouse in Bridgewater had an AMAZING view...turn one way and you saw The Ridge... turn around and you had full view of the Appalachians. W-VA was only 30 miles away...and I really miss our Sunday drives, the secluded mountain lakes and ice cold mountain streams... fantastic fishing!! (and camping, but don't tell Christie ;-) My whole stompin' ground was all along the Ridge and Appalachians... I wanna come home :-(

Has anyone been to the Blue Ridge Parkway or Big Meadows Lodge on Skyline Drive lately? (before they closed for the season)
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #8
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Hello to all of you Shenandoah Valley folks, I lived in Winchester Va for about 4 years. It is the hometown of Patsy Cline.....and the Apple Blossom festival, I think that the Shenandoah Mountain range is so beautiful....

One of the coolest jobs i ever had was in a book binding factory called Berryville Graphics right on the way to Berryville from Winchester...they were owned by BMG and sometimes the book binding machines would break and we could just sit there for hours reading books that were not published yet and every week there was a book sale for the employees..hardcover books were .25 and paperback books were .10 it was pretty amazing when i look back on it

Patsy Cline is buried in a little cemetary in Winchester on the way to Front Royal and where she is buried there is this amazing view of the Valley...I poured out a beer for her in tribute of course and on her gravestone is the most wonderful saying.....Death cannot kill what never dies, love Charlie....beautiful
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
Hello to all of you Shenandoah Valley folks, I lived in Winchester Va for about 4 years. It is the hometown of Patsy Cline.....and the Apple Blossom festival, I think that the Shenandoah Mountain range is so beautiful....

One of the coolest jobs i ever had was in a book binding factory called Berryville Graphics right on the way to Berryville from Winchester...they were owned by BMG and sometimes the book binding machines would break and we could just sit there for hours reading books that were not published yet and every week there was a book sale for the employees..hardcover books were .25 and paperback books were .10 it was pretty amazing when i look back on it

Patsy Cline is buried in a little cemetary in Winchester on the way to Front Royal and where she is buried there is this amazing view of the Valley...I poured out a beer for her in tribute of course and on her gravestone is the most wonderful saying.....Death cannot kill what never dies, love Charlie....beautiful

Oh how I miss the Apple Blossom Festival and the Treasure Mountain Festival!! And the open-pit BBQ Chicken sold every Saturday during the summer by various clubs and social groups.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Sybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond reputeSybelle has a reputation beyond repute

Treasure Mountain Festival, I've been to that!

Hallo to all of ya here!!!

Sick of this snow yet?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #11
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybelle View Post
Treasure Mountain Festival, I've been to that!

Hallo to all of ya here!!!

Sick of this snow yet?
Greetings, Sybelle!
Well how 'bout that!! It's a small world, isn't it? Oh what I wouldn't give to have some of the hand spun honey, homemade apple butter made in the big black kettle, and buckwheat pancakes!

Yes, VERY sick of the snow!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #12
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Greetings, Sybelle!
Well how 'bout that!! It's a small world, isn't it? Oh what I wouldn't give to have some of the hand spun honey, homemade apple butter made in the big black kettle, and buckwheat pancakes!

Mmmmmm homemade apple butter. I usually get mine from the Pumpkin Festival in Milton, WV.

But up there around Franklin, that's a good part of the state to fish, too! Love to travel all over here. But, not so much in this weather. If you can drive these WV back roads in the winter, you can drive anywhere.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #13
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Since the blue ridge now dominates my skyline, i figure I can check in on role call here.

Asheville, North Carolina here- Paphigleo just moved in, and Ive been here about a year and a half. We had apple butter for breakfast last week.
And theres a GREAT lesbian owned cafe downtown called Early Girl where you can get fried green tomatoes, tomatoe gravy, and if you like that sort a thing, even grits. Im um...not quite comfortable with grits just yet, but Pa-fig will happily eat my share i think.

Im ready for the parkway to open! I want the hiking and the camping to begin allready!
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 05:51 AM   #14
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Greetings, Sybelle!

I just might happen to have the homemade apple buttah in the pantry. Much to Jess's chagrin, I took to canning last year...

There is also peach buttah... spiced peaches, and strawberry freezer jam.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I just might happen to have the homemade apple buttah in the pantry. Much to Jess's chagrin, I took to canning last year...

and I pulled out one of those freezer jams you made last year and gave it to J for breakfast! I told him it was yours from last year.

I live an hour from the parkway in Southern VA. I love this whole region. There are many days, during winter, that I threaten to move to Costa Rica but when the spring starts popping the daffodils and cherry blossoms I fall in love all over again.

I was around WV a few years ago tubing on the New River. That was pretty awesome. I'd like to do that again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #16
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

nummmy numnum...

The only chagrin is in the storage of the empties!!

Welcome aboard fellow Blue Ridge enhanced folks!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #17
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Ohhh this isn't helpin' my homesickness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Since the blue ridge now dominates my skyline, i figure I can check in on role call here.

Asheville, North Carolina here- Paphigleo just moved in, and Ive been here about a year and a half. We had apple butter for breakfast last week.
And theres a GREAT lesbian owned cafe downtown called Early Girl where you can get fried green tomatoes, tomatoe gravy, and if you like that sort a thing, even grits. Im um...not quite comfortable with grits just yet, but Pa-fig will happily eat my share i think.

Im ready for the parkway to open! I want the hiking and the camping to begin allready!
I gotta find me a bed and breakfast in your hometown! Momma makes the best fried green 'maters but I haven't had 'em in years...and my "little Gramma" always put butter and brown sugar (lots'a brown sugar) on our gritts. Gritts and a few other southern favorites are comfort foods to me now.

Quote:

Christie...darlin', would you trade me some homemade apple butter for some big soft sugar cookies? Or homemade pumpkin and/or nanna nut bread? I'd be ever grateful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
and I pulled out one of those freezer jams you made last year and gave it to J for breakfast! I told him it was yours from last year.

I live an hour from the parkway in Southern VA. I love this whole region. There are many days, during winter, that I threaten to move to Costa Rica but when the spring starts popping the daffodils and cherry blossoms I fall in love all over again.

I was around WV a few years ago tubing on the New River. That was pretty awesome. I'd like to do that again.
The Cherry blossoms are AMAZING!! IMO..the best in the world! Wish they lasted all year 'round. Spring is just breathtaking all along the Blue Ridge... I really miss going to the parkway and Skyline Drive - especially Big Meadows and the Lodge - seeing the deer with their spring babies and a few momma black bears...and I've spent countless hours picking wild blueberries on the Blue Ridge.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ohhh this isn't helpin' my homesickness!

I gotta find me a bed and breakfast in your hometown! Momma makes the best fried green 'maters but I haven't had 'em in years...and my "little Gramma" always put butter and brown sugar (lots'a brown sugar) on our gritts. Gritts and a few other southern favorites are comfort foods to me now.
Hey Sweet-

If your serious, I know a local member of the butch-femme community that is a travel agent who would be very willing to help you find that Bed and Breakfast. Id be happy to pass her business number to you.

Also, once the boxes get all unpacked and this house has gelled from two homes down to one, the back bedroom will be open for guests. I told Paphig that if we ever get sick of being nurses we should retire, and open up a B&B. Hes an AMAZING cook! Id rather have company than customers though, so Im thinking wed have a lousy business.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #19
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Hey Sweet-

If your serious, I know a local member of the butch-femme community that is a travel agent who would be very willing to help you find that Bed and Breakfast. Id be happy to pass her business number to you.

Also, once the boxes get all unpacked and this house has gelled from two homes down to one, the back bedroom will be open for guests. I told Paphig that if we ever get sick of being nurses we should retire, and open up a B&B. Hes an AMAZING cook! Id rather have company than customers though, so Im thinking wed have a lousy business.
You are so sweet and thoughtful!! Thank you! I would LOVE to take you up on your offer... but right now, money is tight and travel plans are on hold (which makes my homesickness worse)... I will keep you in mind, darlin', for when I can treat myself to a trip.
Much TLC to you... hope all goes well with getting settled in. I dread moving!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #20
Sybelle

How Do You Identify?:
see Scota_Parisi
Preferred Pronoun?:
see Scota_Parisi
Relationship Status:
see Scota_Parisi

Just a quick hello and a note to tell you all that we've been plagued in WV by a nasty critter called the "Wesboro Baptist Church Parasite."

They have even threatened to go to county where the mine explosion happened. Not the brightest of parasites, but determined as hell.