Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #18
Jaques

How Do You Identify?:
male/TG

Jaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST ReputationJaques Has the BEST Reputation

...... people struggle with so many aspects of life, so im never shocked by anything, saddened yes, by the way humans can treat one another but thats another thread.
I wasnt aware of my gender until as a small child, people kept telling me i wasnt a boy. So as i grew up i mustve put it on the back burner in my mind, got married 3 times, had 2 sons, for which im grateful. As i got older I began to think more and more about women and my marriage was awful, not because of that i might add, so then i started putting on my husbands underwear and stuffing a sock down the front, i wasnt sure why but it felt good, i had my long hair cut off and eventually went to a book shop in london where i knew "lesbian" books were sold, i felt so embarrassed, having already bought a magazine i thought was "Diva" and it turned out to be "Divers" - no smart remarks about that necessary, lol! Anyway i bought a book called "how to be a lesbian" as i thought i might be - when i got it home it turned out to be a funny book and not a book of instruction...............and so it went on - you have to laugh cos theres always a funny side to everything. I dated lots of girls young enough to be my daughter and thought i looked wonderful in a suit and tie, till i realised in the "womens" bars, i didnt really fit or gell - this was in the 90's. I thought i was soft butch, then butch, then the penny dropped, i wasnt lesbian at all, i fancied women as a guy, not as another woman would - that was the hardest pill to swallow. Until i met my missus and she smoothed the way for me, so much so that i decided, after years of living as a guy but not looking like one, that i needed to transition. It can be a struggle but i found a sense of humour and a lot of patience and understanding of yourself is helpful. Also understanding that its not all about ME - when you have partners, kids, parents, friends, they arent always going to accept straight away or find it easy - they have feelings to, so whether you are trans or gay, understanding the fears and feelings of others too is necessary - not all our loved ones will accept but many do. I lost friends and had problems with one of my sons, who now accepts, though i know he'd rather his mother sat in a corner in twin set and pearls, knitting - but thats pretty standard whether youre gay/trans or straight. Parents do not live a life, have sex or have fun! ha ha! So to all those still going through troubles in this respect, hope reading everyones experiences will help.
Jaques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jaques For This Useful Post: