Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #21
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Got my J&J last Wednesday, the 7th. I had zero side effects....just a tiny bit of soreness at vaccine site....I "worked" that muscle as soon as I got the shot....and iced it several times post shot!

My wife got her J&J Saturday, the 10th. NO side effects at all for her either.

I took our son Friday to get his 1st Pfizer, and take him back on 29th to get his 2nd dose. Our daughter has had one shot, gets second a couple days before son.

Our family is serious about getting them!!
Old 04-12-2021, 02:42 PM   #22
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Got my J&J last Wednesday, the 7th. I had zero side effects....just a tiny bit of soreness at vaccine site....I "worked" that muscle as soon as I got the shot....and iced it several times post shot!

My wife got her J&J Saturday, the 10th. NO side effects at all for her either.

I took our son Friday to get his 1st Pfizer, and take him back on 29th to get his 2nd dose. Our daughter has had one shot, gets second a couple days before son.

Our family is serious about getting them!!
That is awesome, clay!

The only reaction I had was about three hours after my shot. I felt SOOOOO tired and wanted to sleep. I have been sleeping off my shot, since last week. No sore arm. Rico, tho, was real sick after his first shot of Pfizer. We hope he doesnt get sick again. We are so grateful to have our innoculation shot (s).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2021, 08:38 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I become eligible for the vaccine tomorrow so I'll head over to the CVS and see when I can get an appointment. Due to my work schedule, I can only go between 7-9pm so thank goodness there are pharmacies open then otherwise I'd be screwed.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2022, 06:51 PM   #24
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Is anyone getting their 2nd or 3rd booster? Not sure which one we are on now?

I had COVID in June. I've had folks in the medical field on both sides of the fence. One says yes get it others say let them develope the vaccine more. One says I should have plenty of natural immunity since I had it this summer. One says she wouldn't have gotten the first 3 if she knew what she knows now. That it needs more development. And finally another says we need a COVID shot every fall from now own just like the flu shot.

What have you all done or what are your thoughts

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2022, 09:13 PM   #25
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Blade.......(retired nurse here) AND I got J&J last April......Pfizer booster #1Oct 2021......Pfizer booster#2 (forgot date) and Pfizer booster 3 March 2022....and I got the Pfizer BIVALENT booster couple weeks ago, and I had my flu shot late September (quadrivalent....4 strains) as is hard to "predict" what strain will show up.

I had NOT 1 single side effect from the bivalent(2 strain booster).

I DO KNOW if one plans the flu & covid bivalent booster, you have to either get them at same time OR space them 2 weeks apart!

Everyone has an opinion, you just have to do what works best for you, what do you feel comfortable with!!

I always tell myself I would much rather wear a bandaid (from the shot) & have a sore arm as opposed to having to "wear" a vent tube....

There is a lot not known as well as a lot known about the shots.....this is an entirely new virus we haven't seen before......one has to decide what is "best" for themselves....good luck.....those variants are always changing, the vaccines are a "best guesstimate, like the flu vax every year...and I believe in them.

Take care, Blade!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Is anyone getting their 2nd or 3rd booster? Not sure which one we are on now?

I had COVID in June. I've had folks in the medical field on both sides of the fence. One says yes get it others say let them develope the vaccine more. One says I should have plenty of natural immunity since I had it this summer. One says she wouldn't have gotten the first 3 if she knew what she knows now. That it needs more development. And finally another says we need a COVID shot every fall from now own just like the flu shot.

What have you all done or what are your thoughts
Old 10-28-2022, 10:23 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've had two shots and one booster. Every time I think about going to get the next booster, something comes up that pushes that timeline back.

This time, I got the flu. For those that typically get flu shots, I highly recommend that you get it as soon as you can. All signs are pointing to a rough flu season; it's starting sooner and will likely be stronger due than the past several years.

Source: CNN
Flu season has ramped up early in the United States, and flu hospitalizations are worse than usual for this time of year, according to data published Friday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It’s been more than a decade – since the H1N1 swine flu pandemic – since flu hospitalization rates have been this high at this point in the season.

The CDC estimates that there have been at least 880,000 illnesses, nearly 7,000 hospitalizations and 360 deaths from flu in the US this season. The first pediatric death in the country was reported this week.

I'm still getting over it, which is unusual for me. It's been 20 days since I was infected and 18 days since my symptoms kicked in hard. This flu has been worse for me than COVID was. Granted, I have a good immunity system and regularly take immunity boosting supplements but it still knocked me for a loop. While my infection is under control, my cough is not. It's lingering.

It's been about 14 years since I had the flu last and then it was the avian flu. I only seem to get the really bad strains, which is a blessing and a curse. I get it less often but when I do, ohh boy. The last time, I lost 3-4 days of my life; I simply cannot remember that time other than random flashes of dragging myself to the bathroom or tossing and turning. I do not want to do that again.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2022, 11:29 PM   #27
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

My liver doctor told me I am immunocompromised and have a fifty-fifty shot of ending up in the ICU should I contract covid. Consequently I have kept up to date with my boosters. I've had the regular 2 shots and all 3 boosters as they have become available. My last booster was September 27. They say it takes 2 weeks for the antibodies from a shot to kick in. I started feeling sick on October 14, went for a covid test the next day and it was positive. I had a slight fever on October 14 and that was it. I've had much worse flu and colds. The stomach part was annoying and I did get quite tired but other than that it was not bad at all. Medical professionals agree it was because my vaccine was so fresh that I had such an easy time. No one expected I would breeze through covid. My best advice is get whatever shots you are eligible for. They are relatively painless especially compared to weeks of being tired and miserable or worse yet a trip to the ER or hospitalization. If you are healthy and have a good immune system covid likely won't be worse than a cold or flu, but I don't see any logical reason not to take the extra precaution to make sure you have antibodies. Keep your covid shots up to date and get a flu shot.. That's my opinion. I'm sure glad I did.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2022, 03:13 AM   #28
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I’m up to date with the COVID and FLUE shots and I get them as soon as they’re available for my age group. There’s no other way for me.
Old 10-29-2022, 07:28 AM   #29
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I received the flu and new Covid shot on the 18th. I was pretty miserable that night and the next day but ibupropin remedied all the aches and pains quickly. I did miss my second booster (out of laziness) but consider myself relatively up to date. Hey, if we have the science, why not take care of yourself.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post: